Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Commercial work - what a pain

WCF

Help Support WCF:

well i was right it was a complete pain in the **** and not worth it.

First of all i under quoted it, took me 2 hrs longer than i thought, not too bothered about that as thats just a learning curve but still.

I had to carry signs round with me which was a pain, i had to work around people at desks which was also a pain. I had to wait until the directors had finished a meeting to do their office. All the time im sweating like a pig and trying not to get drips on the carpet and offic equipment lol

On top of all that i get home and get a email from the MD asking me to go back as there was two windows with a "sticky substance" on. Yes i was aware of this as the same MD had told me it was silicone stains and that he would have to get something to remove it (dont know what) I couldnt remove it even with a scraper, but apparently my payment wont be released until its sorted. Oh and i didnt clean a canopy (i never quoted for this canopy).

what a feckin joke, ive got behind with regular work to accommodate this and looks like more ******* about is needed to get paid.

So my verdict is im glad i had the experience but from now on ill stick to residential work. unless perhaps the commercial is external only.

I really didnt enjoy it

Why didn’t you do it out of office hours? Would save a lot of that hassle, and makes a nice top up to a days work.

I do a few Pandora stores and they asked to me clean their head office outside and inside. Outside was handy enough, the inside welllllll. They had what i can only describe as prison bars on the inside of every window about 3 inches from the glass.... it was a frigging nightmare to do! I said to the operations manager you best not have a fire in here or you guys are in serious trouble. I had the same thing working over desks and going into the MD's office etc asking him to leave.... mildly uncomfortable disturbing people working and trying not to drip water on their documents etc.

They were all very nice in there had a laugh but it the clean itself was an absolute nightmare job... thankfully only done every few years or so. I have a few of these types of cleans in the past and don't bother any more apart from the Pandora one as I clean a few of their stores. Some jobs just aren't worth the money.

I have an electrical contractors office I do every month. I clean his house too. Nice guy, little slow with paying sometimes but always pays. I was asked to do the inside of the office once and only charged the same as the outside. I’ve got one of those Unger stingray efforts, no probs dripping water but I still have to lean over people working. He hinted he wanted it done regularly so I turn up when they’re all busy sorting the lads out and they haven’t asked since haha. I’m sure he will email me at some point to fit it in again but it’s not ideal disturbing people try a work.

Last edited by a moderator:
They didnt want it doing outside office hours, that would have been much easier.

Nah i hated it to be honest, offices full of people, so awkward trying to get to the windows etc, not even about the money, i just hated it.

In future thats a good idea, ill ask if can be done out of hours or not at all, thanks

Back