Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

future of window cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I had a job last month on a regular and was asked to clean the inside kitchen windows, we got talking and turns out she is a producer for SKY SPORT, she then ask about my work history and so I tell her... Started as welder then hgv and so on, she turns round and says "O you did have a proper job once then" smiled and said yes but left annoyed:mad:

My family hated the idea of me being a window cleaner lol
Now they are fully on board though
same, 4 years later and now they all want jobs. ha

I had a job last month on a regular and was asked to clean the inside kitchen windows, we got talking and turns out she is a producer for SKY SPORT, she then ask about my work history and so I tell her... Started as welder then hgv and so on, she turns round and says "O you did have a proper job once then" smiled and said yes but left annoyed:mad:
Had similar, I was once told I was too posh to be a window cleaner, I had to explain that although I have a degree and speak well, that shouldn't stop me grafting and earning a decent wage, when I told her I quit being a NHS ward manager to become a window cleaner she looked at me like I was mad. Little did she know I earn more now than I did then with all stress from the NHS now history.

i have an area with 100 houses, new builds, all on same area. out of around 120. i have seen 2 different guys , 1 does only 2, the other does around 4.if they think they might get notied and asked for a quote ,im afraid not. if i did a **** job and over charged then maybe.

new cleaners have to do this to have some income coming in bits here and there, one of my customers said he was amazed at how many canvassers and flyers he said on 1 weekend thurs - sun he had 8 yes 8 different cleaners after customers..

lots of new cleaners must think they get all the gear and can just expect to build a round in a few weeks canvassing.
If only it was as easy as banging flyers through doors,we would all be rolling it in.You have to sell yourself knocking on them doors.

How many flyers have we pushed through doors and got nowt.ALso i,m guilty of this next one ,your grafting some potential customer asks wanting your sevices,god done this many times to busy to take there details hand over your business card.You have on i spent 10 mins giving them the full patter" just give me text "I say...idiot hear nowt again they have only spent time telling you how big, and how many massive there windows are.

Agree @Duncs

Think it were @Damo that recently pointed out how varied our role is. Window cleaner,salesman,debt collector, admin officer..

Along with those who have further skills in the field and those that make their own sites.

No fool ever built a successful round. Haters best mind that;)

think positive I've been doing this 4 months n so far projected turnover is 18.5k I'm traditional n pushing nearly 200 customers, I won't be beaten n will expand my business until late I have a huge slice of my area... I will not fail

think positive I've been doing this 4 months n so far projected turnover is 18.5k I'm traditional n pushing nearly 200 customers, I won't be beaten n will expand my business until late I have a huge slice of my area... I will not fail
your right you will expand and get bigger and better.Four months in your doing great ,imagine how big it will be in five years time.

your right you will expand and get bigger and better.Four months in your doing great ,imagine how big it will be in five years time.
it's growing like a monster I was made redundant for my 26k offices managers job which I was gonna leave anyway, I want a huge slice of my area and have people working for me. I have big plans. I have to pinch myself I've built this from nothing

I have no quams at all telling people i'm a cleaner, especially on holiday, why?

'Cause i'm just a window cleaner on holiday but can only afford the time for 3 vacations this year' /emoticons/smile.png)

I do not give a toss what anyone thinks of me or my occupation. As long as I live well, provide for my loved ones and do my best to do right by my fellow man then the thoughts of random folk will remain as irrelevant to me as reality TV (The Apprentice excluded)

Let's use that as an example:

'OK Claude, how did team Icon do?'

'Well Alan, after all the whinging and preening they made a profit on this task of £84.56p'

'And Karen, how did team wiffle waffle do?'

'Not as well Alan, after failing to grasp the basic principles of breathing they all died leaving unsold stocks worth £5000 so they made a loss of £5000 plus funeral expenses'

Now in my opinion Lord Suggsy should fire himself for entertaining these numpties.

If they had a clue how lucrative window cleaning is Sugar would be battling to see which of us he should partner with. /emoticons/smile.png)

If you care what random strangers think then you have my sympathies.

My accountant called me up just this afternoon to ask about some figures I sent him. Think he's finally twiged! /emoticons/smile.png):rolleyes:

so did you buy a round to get started and what is your plan if you don tmind me asking
no I started from zero customers, knocked a few houses in my village, grew it from there, started Facebook page printed flyers. then off u go word of mouth took off, put a refer a friend scheme in place... I never stop pushing my business on Facebook and get lots of refers. my detail work on windows is 2nd to none it's like the glass isn't there... hard work n dedication mate

should of asked her How much she earns the proceed to tell her when ur stuck on the same salary mine is uncapped and will rise

then put her windows up by a few quid lol

Back