Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner clx 22 or clx 25

WCF

Help Support WCF:

156merlin

Any advice on whether a 22 clx would be long enough to reach a dorma window on a loft conversion on a std terraced house. Or would I need the 25 clx, trying to keep the weight of the pole light as possible.

Any advice on whether a 22 clx would be long enough to reach a dorma window on a loft conversion on a std terraced house. Or would I need the 25 clx, trying to keep the weight of the pole light as possible.
I didn't think Gardiner made a clx25 they do make a slx25. I would say a clx22 or longer would be a bit bendy. Also look at the slx27 Ok so it's more money than an slx25 but it's actually shorted collapsed which may or may not be an issue for you?
When you say 'standard terraced house' that's difficult to judge as a Victorian terrace will be significantly higher than a modern one. I had a velux on my own bungalow and it needs a slx27 to reach it, where as I have customers with new build bungalows and I can just reach their velux with a clx18!

I didn't think Gardiner made a clx25 they do make a slx25. I would say a clx22 or longer would be a bit bendy. Also look at the slx27 Ok so it's more money than an slx25 but it's actually shorted collapsed which may or may not be an issue for you?
When you say 'standard terraced house' that's difficult to judge as a Victorian terrace will be significantly higher than a modern one. I had a velux on my own bungalow and it needs a slx27 to reach it, where as I have customers with new build bungalows and I can just reach their velux with a clx18!
Sorry mate I meant slx 22, ile attach a couple of photos to show you roughly the height I'm talking about.

Attachments

• 20230112_161636.jpg
    20230112_161636.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230112_161543.jpg
    20230112_161543.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 16
It’s always difficult to judge some it will reach some it won’t , so many factors involved, how close you can get to it , how far back up a roof a dormer is set , angle of the ground , style of property, we have some 3 storey houses a 22 easily reaches on some we have to use a 35 to reach dormers , I have one bungalow that is single storey but need a 35 foot pole fully extended to reach the vlux windows .

Sorry mate I meant slx 22, ile attach a couple of photos to show you roughly the height I'm talking about.
I wouldn't like to guess even with the photos. I have a cheapy laser measure that I have used on occasions where guesswork can be expensive!
Maybe a way to guestimate is to base it on what extended pole height you use to clean the 1st floor then add about 8 ft on for the dormer? It's just a guess as you will have to stand a little further back to clear the gutter.

I wouldn't like to guess even with the photos. I have a cheapy laser measure that I have used on occasions where guesswork can be expensive!
Maybe a way to guestimate is to base it on what extended pole height you use to clean the 1st floor then add about 8 ft on for the dormer? It's just a guess as you will have to stand a little further back to clear the gutter.
I agree I think a 25 would be ok not sure about a 22

I would go for an slx27. It covers virtually every one of my windows.
Agreed, I like the slx27 and it does cover all my work. Actually there is 1 house that I do where I can't reach 1 bedroom window as it has an extension then a conny! I'm not sure I would be able to reach even with a slx35, not sure I would be up to using a slx35 almost horizontally though!
The SLX27 has an extra section to a SLX25 so it's a larger diameter but it is shorter by about 16cm (6") which is handy in confined spaces. It is 250gms heavier though!

It's always difficult to balance cost, weight, against what extra work you can do with it. Only you know what work you could do with a longer pole. Knowing or having an idea how much extra work you could do might give you an idea if the investment is worth it or not.

Today I only needed the slx27 for 1 job, tomorrow it's needed for 50% of all the work.

Clx 27 would fit the bill o had one when I first started and was a cracking pole for the money 27 good hight 25 may come a bit short

Not sure if this helps but we use both a CLX 22 and a 27 with a #7 extension and yesterday did a load of new builds including these, the 27 was at full tilt and needed the extension section to get the angle on it for the lower glass.

Can confirm though there is a hell of difference in weight from the 22 vs the 27 plus #7

Attachments

• 5F508E4F-E9D6-4EBE-BD1A-158540D139C9.jpeg
    5F508E4F-E9D6-4EBE-BD1A-158540D139C9.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 5
Back