Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiners Xtreme Pole...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I had the same experience as @adamangler. I bought myself an extreme in the Feb 20. Didn’t want to use it until my SLX had completely given up. Used it for the first time at the end of July 20 and snapped section one at the beginning of January 21. By June 21 I’d snapped section two, replaced sections one and two that time because the new section one was worn and had started to spin. In December 21 section one snapped again and I cut it down. Carried on using it until about Feb this year and threw it in the tip two weeks ago.

I used to maintain my poles weekly. I the first time I took the extreme apart it was a nightmare to get back together with the tape on. The tape would catch on the ridge as you put the two sections together. After I replaced sections 1 & 2 (the next time I cleaned the pole) I decided to take the tape off which worked a bit better. Now I follow @Part Timer ’s advice and don’t bother maintaining them. I’ll occasionally throw some water down there but that’s about it.

Yes gardiner goosenecks fit and the clamps are great.they only need a little adjustment every now and then.?
That’s interesting Daz. Just to confirm, can this type of gooseneck just fit directly into the pole the same as it would on a Gardiner one?

Also, what’s your opinion on the end caps? I’ve only ever tried Gardiners and Phantom poles. The Phantom ones had awful end caps that broke and fell off very quickly. Not sure what to make of the X-Line poles from the pictures.

That’s interesting Daz. Just to confirm, can this type of gooseneck just fit directly into the pole the same as it would on a Gardiner one?
https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/quick-loqr-angle-adapter-type-1-with-long-swivel-gooseneck.html
I'd guess not mon ami I thought it would be an x-line one and Gardiners one cobbled together so take the top part of the one shown in this image of the x-line angle adapter and fit the top of a Gardiners swivel Quick-Loq so going back to old way, 1669526121349.png 1669526352924.png as that metal insert in top of a X-line pole if it's like poles years ago then it will be glued in and not removable, although after writing all this and pasting images I can see a clamp at the top ?

I'd guess not mon ami I thought it would be an x-line one and Gardiners one cobbled together so take the top part of the one shown in this image of the x-line angle adapter and fit the top of a Gardiners swivel Quick-Loq so going back to old way, View attachment 27618 View attachment 27620 as that metal insert in top of a X-line pole if it's like poles years ago then it will be glued in and not removable, although after writing all this and pasting images I can see a clamp at the top ?
I’m with you, I’d have posted it too. Can’t work that hard on it and then not post it. Be interesting to see what Daz comes back with. I tried the other way with my Phantom poles and it was awful. I really like the new Gardiner goosenecks and of course the brushes.

I've found for me it gives me the best pole without compromising on having to move away from Gardiners,

With regards to the Nano are you able to fit Gardiners quick loc gooseneck end and use the brushes also how have you got on with the clamps? as they look quite a bit bigger and is there much adjustment in them

what puts me off with the Nano is they don't do a 22ft pole although they do a 22ft in the new hex pole which is only 1250grams which is only 90g heavier than the nano and I've found the carbon weave on the 2k sections to barely wear in comparison to other pole sections I have used over the years

Also, what’s your opinion on the end caps? I’ve only ever tried Gardiners and Phantom poles. The Phantom ones had awful end caps that broke and fell off very quickly. Not sure what to make of the X-Line poles from the pictures.
Yes all gardiner goosenecks fit the nano pole.i mainly use a carbon gooseneck which needs a wrap of black tape on the clamping area but it's fine with the plastic goosenecks.

My end cap is a year old now and is a bit worn down.ill replace this is the new year.

Latest Posts

Back