Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gauging Interest In Custom Made Wfp Trolley System.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

Sparkkadian

Hi guys, so I'm hoping to gauge interest before we build any number of these. So for those of you who need or use a wfp trolley. Would you buy one of these?

- Fully welded steel and powder coated chassis.

- 20-25 litre capacity as standard (larger available if required)

- At least 4LPM 80psi pump

- High quality ritar or yuasa 12v battery

- Puncture proof cell foam wheels

- Easy access power switch with flow control. (Highly likely to be remote controlled)

The idea of this trolley is for it to be a 'buy once and forget about it' system. We decided to make our own after buying backpacks etc from the larger suppliers, which are heavy, bulky, badly designed and put together.

So we are building this trolley to be almost bullet proof. With components such as the battery and pump etc easily removable, so that when it comes to replacing them in the future, the job will be hassle free.

The electrics will also be well put together and well protected. This is something that has always proved to be a problem for us with other trolley or backpack systems.

The trolley will be slimmer (for alley way access on houses), lighter (when lifting in and out of vehicles), have a lower centre of gravity, and be better specced than most others on the market.

Were hoping for the price to work out cheaper once we have got our own costs down further, but i can guarantee the absolute maximum we would charge for one of these systems would be £495. - Which is the same as or cheaper than equivalent systems as far as I'm aware.

Were doing ones for ourselves, and fellow cleaners near to us, so please let me know what you think, and id welcome any opinions or constructive criticism to make it as good as possible for users.

Pics of finished article will follow soon.

Cheers!

-Mike-

Agreed, building one yourself generally costs about half as much as buying one. The purefreedom trolleys are 495, and they fold / have good digital flow control and are backed with a good warranty and spare parts and after service etc etc.

You'll have to undercut them I think if you want to succeed, I think at £250 you would sell absolutely loads but at the same pricepoint as purefreedom trolleys, what are you bringing to the table that makes you a more appealing proposition than purefreedom's kit?

got 500 wuid, i would rather buy a van system, to me the back packs and trolley should be smaller and used for awkard jobs,

I could knock one up myself for around £150 .

So for that reason I'm out .

I reckon there wouldn't even be £10 worth of steel in there and powder coating £5

Wheels £10 only leaves the electrics and a barrel .

I'd be very surprised if you could build one at that cost !

Engineering / Welders cost a fair bit of money plus material.
i brought the a big trolly and bult my own for less than £150, it helps when you know how to do all the things yourself.

Agreed, building one yourself generally costs about half as much as buying one. The purefreedom trolleys are 495, and they fold / have good digital flow control and are backed with a good warranty and spare parts and after service etc etc.

You'll have to undercut them I think if you want to succeed, I think at £250 you would sell absolutely loads but at the same pricepoint as purefreedom trolleys, what are you bringing to the table that makes you a more appealing proposition than purefreedom's kit?
We are hoping to if we can, but as doug said once all the parts come together, making a quality well built trolley isn't super cheap. If we can't make a decent enough profit after building it then its not worth the effort. But you make a good point we need to bring something better to the table. So far ours is lighter than the pure freedom one, and less bulky. We will have to see how we go.

u cant sll a trolley at 495 by just introducing like that....

pure freedom are the same price with better pump etc and they got reputaton mate u got no reputation yet so to get in to the game of selling wfp equipment u got to start of low prices mate when you get known then u can sell it at that price mate

i reckon 250 would be an indeal price for u mate but hmmm 495.. no chance lol

I reckon there wouldn't even be £10 worth of steel in there and powder coating £5

lol gave you could of done it a couple of years ago, and i could do all that my self for 25 30 quid without the electrics etc basic price i could make one for is about 160.

if i bulk buy the flow controls etc and the electrics i can bring down the price to around 70 quid and still make 100 profit on it

Please tell me more, you must have some very cheep companies around you. Even good quality wheels which is a must otherwise with all the bumping they would fall off cost around £40 a pair. Price of good quality steel has shot in price, powder coating min price I know companies charge £50.

If you can let me know what company is doing those deals I'd be grateful. /emoticons/smile.png

Point depends on the size , thickness , amount of steel you buy .

Powder coating I guarantee I could get a trolley coated for a fiver .

I'm just basing these prices on a basic frame model yours may be different I know the prices of steel I know the prices of wheels even

It all comes down to what you want from a trolley you could build a trolley that is over kill in design and functionality .

Then I could make one that does the job it's all depending on your design .

I'm not stupid .

All you have to do is shop around to make your costings stretch and make more profit .

I can go to a scrap merchants and buy steel in off cut for %50 of retail and the only thing is its been cut to smaller

Lengths no bother if your making a trolley you don't need a 5m length of steel .

Sorry if it came across wrong, just thought you knew of a company that would charge that price.

We had one built for someone , paid the material , labour etc.. and came to around £250.00. That was the best quote I could get locally and did not include the pumps etc..

Prices must be higher here than where you are.

Sorry if it came across wrong, just thought you knew of a company that would charge that price.

We had one built for someone , paid the material , labour etc.. and came to around £250.00. That was the best quote I could get locally and did not include the pumps etc..

Prices must be higher here than where you are.
Sorry doug .

I was just assuming that you were trying to come across arsey .

We are hoping to if we can, but as doug said once all the parts come together, making a quality well built trolley isn't super cheap. If we can't make a decent enough profit after building it then its not worth the effort. But you make a good point we need to bring something better to the table. So far ours is lighter than the pure freedom one, and less bulky. We will have to see how we go.
I say good on you for trying to bring something new in.

My advice is this: pure freedom had exactly the right idea with interchangeable barrels. A built-in tank is pointless, its much better to switch barrels accross when empty. Secondly, make it so that it can easily be used 'in situ'. From what I've read, most users start off using a trolley as a trolley (wheeling it to the house) BUT

After a few weeks realise that its much easier to just leave it in the van/car and just run the hose from the car, like a van system. The problem is, if 25 litres isnt enough for that house, you have to go back and swap the pipe to a new full barrell. This is about the time people realise they need a van system and should have just got one in the firstplace and that trollies are pretty pointless.

Latest Posts

Back