Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hf4 4021

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Shinyboy

Hi. Need some help please. I've just brought a new hf4 4021. It's all fitted and I've flushed it for a good hour but the tds is coming out of ro at 025tds that's the lowest I can get it. Shouldn't it be around 5-10tds? Also my tap tds is 285. Tap psi is 50.

Going to set mine up tomorrow, hopefully I'll hit on lucky with a lower tap tds of around 75ppm but flushing is the key to drop tds output,

Wish I had a tap psi of 50 as mine is 30psi which is the reason I bought the 40/21 which will produce well at 30psi going off the specs @doug atkinson has on his website, but I do have a small booster pump which could push it up to around 90psi

Going to set mine up tomorrow, hopefully I'll hit on lucky with a lower tap tds of around 75ppm but flushing is the key to drop tds output,

Wish I had a tap psi of 50 as mine is 30psi which is the reason I bought the 40/21 which will produce well at 30psi going off the specs @doug atkinson has on his website, but I do have a small booster pump which could push it up to around 90psi
U fitting hf4 tomorrow bud?

U fitting hf4 tomorrow bud?
Managed to get a bit done today, I have limited space next to my tank and with a concerte pre-fab garage so wasn't sure how I was going to mount the membrane,

I have mounted it vertically which will work better in the limited space I have availabile plus it work better for pure feed into the tank and waste output as my tank is situated on the right hand side of my R/O also I need to run the waste out of the back of the garage wall into the drain.

So tomorrow I will get everything connected up and flush it, then try to work out how to set the gate valve at the correct ratio and get it marked up.

Managed to get a bit done today, I have limited space next to my tank and with a concerte pre-fab garage so wasn't sure how I was going to mount the membrane,

I have mounted it vertically which will work better in the limited space I have availabile plus it work better for pure feed into the tank and waste output as my tank is situated on the right hand side of my R/O also I need to run the waste out of the back of the garage wall into the drain.

So tomorrow I will get everything connected up and flush it, then try to work out how to set the gate valve at the correct ratio and get it marked up.
My waste pipe goes out of our shed and up about 2 meters into the neighbours carport gutters lol.

My waste pipe goes out of our shed and up about 2 meters into the neighbours carport gutters lol.
We have a drain around 2 metres out the back of our garage thankfully had it fixed not too long after we moved as we discovered with a drain inspection that it was cracked almost 90% of the way around no wonder there were cracks in the walls the old folks who lived here previously had completely ignored the issue didn't help with me putting over 700ltrs down it a night within the first few weeks :ROFLMAO:

That spec sheet where it says 100psi is just what performance you get from the membrane at that pressure i.e. 4021 @100psi = 1000gpd and a 4040 @100psi = 2500gpd.
It doesn't state the minimum pressure to run it at.
Maybe its 600 to 41psi then. It says :- AXEON® HF4 – Series Reverse Osmosis Membrane Elements operate at extra-low pressures of only 100 psi, which I thought was the optimum pressure. ?

4021 REVERSE OSMOSIS KIT​

This kit includes:

• 4021 champ housing plus clamps
  • LP-4021 membrane - 100 PSI
  • 10" double Pentek slimline housing with bracket
  • 10" sediment and CFB-PLUS-10 Filter
  • Housing spanner
  • Gate valve
  • Fixtures and fittings to assemble together
800 GPD (3024 litres / 126 litres per hour) at an applied pressure of 100 psi 98% Nominal Rejection rate

Tested Results though may vary due to water structure at 60% waste:

• Water Pressure - 30 PSI, Pure 90 secs per litre/ 40 Litres per hour, rejection 97%
  • Water Pressure - 40 PSI, Pure 49 secs per litre/ 73 Litres per hour, rejection 97%
  • Water Pressure - 80 PSI, Pure 33 secs per litre/ 109 Litres per hour, rejection 98%
  • Water Pressure - 100 PSI, Pure 28 secs per litre/ 126 Litres per hour, rejection 98%
The above is Copy & Pasted from Daqua website

@spruce and anyone else who can help!!!

I have set my 40/21 up this morning flushed for 20 minutes and set away to produce at just under 30psi on the pressure gauge, I'd say waste to pure ratio is more like 80/20 and the gate valve is closed to around 85-90% if that makes sense

1ltr of pure takes 1 minute 15 seconds

11 seconds to produce 1ltr of waste

Is what I am getting

The question is am I all good

@spruce and anyone else who can help!!!

I have set my 40/21 up this morning flushed for 20 minutes and set away to produce at just under 30psi on the pressure gauge, I'd say waste to pure ratio is more like 80/20 and the gate valve is closed to around 85-90% if that makes sense

1ltr of pure takes 1 minute 15 seconds

11 seconds to produce 1ltr of waste

Is what I am getting

The question is am I all good
From your timings (75sec = 1L pure : 11sec = 1L waste) it looks like you have about 7:1 waste to pure so 87.5% waste to 12.5% pure, that seems way too much waste to me. I think that you need to flush a new membrane for more than 20 mins - more like an hour or 2.
I would flush it for an hour then set waste : pure more like 60:40 and see what your tds is coming out as.

From your timings (75sec = 1L pure : 11sec = 1L waste) it looks like you have about 7:1 waste to pure so 87.5% waste to 12.5% pure, that seems way too much waste to me. I think that you need to flush a new membrane for more than 20 mins - more like an hour or 2.
I would flush it for an hour then set waste : pure more like 60:40 and see what your tds is coming out as.
Thanks for this I am terrible at maths,

My tap tds is 75ppm I am getting 001ppm of pure production

Tweaked to just under 40psi and getting 1ltr of pure in 70 seconds waste is taking 39 seconds to produce 1ltr

My concern as well is that I don't want the gate valve closed too much

Might have noted the waste down incorrectly I was looking at the time left on my timer which was 39 seconds ? it takes 21 seconds to produce 1ltr of waste

I get that the waste output is high which is what is puzzling me but looking at the output on the Daqua Facebook page plus the specs I listed above the production of pure is about bang on as @doug atkinson was getting 1ltr of pure in 90 seconds at 30psi

I will add a booster pump later this week and see if that enables me to tweak the waste to pure ratio with the gate valve

Just doing times on my new hf4 4021 atm. Best so far is. 96secs pure and 15 secs waste. Tap tds is 284. Coming out ro at 017 tds. What's the % on this?

Might have noted the waste down incorrectly I was looking at the time left on my timer which was 39 seconds ? it takes 21 seconds to produce 1ltr of waste

I get that the waste output is high which is what is puzzling me but looking at the output on the Daqua Facebook page plus the specs I listed above the production of pure is about bang on as @doug atkinson was getting 1ltr of pure in 90 seconds at 30psi

I will add a booster pump later this week and see if that enables me to tweak the waste to pure ratio with the gate valve
So that's about 2:1 waste to pure which is on the good side of things but I thought that you only had 75tds going in so you could reduce the waste a little. When you close the gate valve you restrict the flow increasing the pressure inside the membrane.

Back