Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hf4 4021

WCF

Help Support WCF:

View attachment 29387
So thought this morning as I nedded to run my RO I'd connect my new inline flow meter, 777.7ltrs in around 2hrs so by my calculations I'll need to change my 10" carbon filter every week as they can only process 37,500 litres of pure and waste combined and they are currently £30 each
If ime reading this right you have put 777.7 through the filters today that’s seven hundred and seventy seven ltr the filters life span is 37,500 ltr that’s thirty seven thousand five hundred ltr in total , so you are using approximately 3,900 ltr per week so the filter will last approximately 9:5 weeks if I have got this right @spruce is the mathematician though ????

If ime reading this right you have put 777.7 through the filters today that’s seven hundred and seventy seven ltr the filters life span is 37,500 ltr that’s thirty seven thousand five hundred ltr in total , so you are using approximately 3,900 ltr per week so the filter will last approximately 9:5 weeks if I have got this right @spruce is the mathematician though ????
I'm shocking at maths, that total this morning was just to top my tank up,

pure is 1ltr every 75 seconds and waste is around 1ltr every 11 seconds, to produce enough water for my daily needs of 425ltrs I need to run my RO for around 8 hours so let's even it up at 350ltrs an hour through the RO so on a 5 day week 14,000 ltrs

got my head together now as I haven't been very well and still not great I work it out at roughly just over 2.5 weeks depending on how much work I get through etc

I'm shocking at maths, that total this morning was just to top my tank up,

pure is 1ltr every 75 seconds and waste is around 1ltr every 11 seconds, to produce enough water for my daily needs of 425ltrs I need to run my RO for around 8 hours so let's even it up at 350ltrs an hour through the RO so on a 5 day week 14,000 ltrs

got my head together now as I haven't been very well and still not great I work it out at roughly just over 2.5 weeks depending on how much work I get through etc
You need to get that pure to waste ratio better. If these are truly your figures, then your ratio is approx 6.5litres of waste to 1 litre of pure. It should be fractionally more waste than pure if you were running them side by side into 20 litre plastic 'Jerry cans'. If you do this, then, when your waste Jerry can is full, the pure should be about 80% full.

You need to get that pure to waste ratio better. If these are truly your figures, then your ratio is approx 6.5litres of waste to 1 litre of pure. It should be fractionally more waste than pure if you were running them side by side into 20 litre plastic 'Jerry cans'. If you do this, then, when your waste Jerry can is full, the pure should be about 80% full.
Thanks for this, I can't get my waste down at all the gate valve isn't far off been closed just for me to get the pressure up to 30psi and it does drop off a little,

I assume my only option now is to get a booster pump ASAP which I hope and assume it will allow me to get the waste to pure ratio at what it should be before I drain my local water supply dry

Water flow meter is reading almost 30k and still going production has dropped off today the water is 10c at the moment and my tank isn't yet full enough

Edit, water flow input is 3.2ltrs a minute through my Gardena flow meter, only just found this out as I'm not one for reading instructions, so I know this really low and could be causing the issue I have with waste to pure ratio and me not having any chance of currently getting the best out of my RO without a booster pump

Edit, not 30k it's 3,300 as of this morning which has produced approximately 300-350ltrs of pure that's a hell of a lot of water, I am going to speak to @doug atkinson this morning

Last edited:
View attachment 29387
So thought this morning as I nedded to run my RO I'd connect my new inline flow meter, 777.7ltrs in around 2hrs so by my calculations I'll need to change my 10" carbon filter every week as they can only process 37,500 litres of pure and waste combined and they are currently £30 each

Edit, as I thought I'd add to this if a add a booster pump to my RO and half production time my thinking is I'll also have the amount of water going through my RO or am I wrong
Every week! How much pure are you using or making each week?

A little update after tweaking this morning 77seconds to produce 1ltr of pure 54 seconds to produce 1ltr of waste,

I'll tweak it a bit more this evening to see if I can get some more pure production

Latest Posts

Back