Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Guttervac Question

WCF

Help Support WCF:

bareknuckle4

I have been using a GutterVac for 5 months or so now (not consistent) just hear and there. I wanted to ask someones advice when it comes to reaching the whole of the gutter. It seems these machines are not very good when it comes to reaching the back of the gutter as i always end up with the middle clean but not the edges no matter what kind of movements i do.

My Question is, how do you guys manage to clean it all without getting on the ladder and going up there? This is especially a nightmare when you have the roof tiles hanging over the gutter slightly.

I have a water fed pole machine also, is it possible to buy a pole that can spray water along the gutters, would this help?

Thanks

Yep that’s one good reason why I don't show after pics to my customers after using a guttervac as it does not get all the **** out from underneath the tiles and sometimes the outside edge of what they call square profile guttering too.

You can if you want jet it out with a pressure washer (not recommended) or flush the gutters through with hosepipe attached to a wfp and using an outside tap just too clean bits of debris you have missed. Alternatively you could do a proper hand job instead.

As far as clearing really bad gutters with narrow gaps especially in corners then I find it easier/quicker to do by hand.

This other thread should help answer any question you may have https://www.windowcleaningforums.co.uk/topic/7129-pressure-washer-advice/

Hope this help?

Hey Smurf thanks for the advice.

I think i will start running water through the gutter on ones where i cant hoover out the edges. I don't really want to go back to doing it by hand after paying out for the machine :rolleyes:

So would you charge more for a job by hand or with the GutterVac?

Best read the other thread I posted the link to fully aswell as hopefully you will find it interesting.

Then let me know your thoughts.

Hey Smurf thanks for the advice.
I think i will start running water through the gutter on ones where i cant hoover out the edges. I don't really want to go back to doing it by hand after paying out for the machine :rolleyes:

So would you charge more for a job by hand or with the GutterVac?

Sorry can't resist... /emoticons/biggrin.png do you charge extra... for a hand job... /emoticons/biggrin.png

If me pole wont fit in her gap then yes /emoticons/biggrin.png

No not really as I'm quite expensive as it is /emoticons/wink.png

Best read the other thread I posted the link to fully aswell as hopefully you will find it interesting.
Then let me know your thoughts.
Will do.. Did not even see that the first time!?

Sorry can't resist... /emoticons/biggrin.png do you charge extra... for a hand job... /emoticons/biggrin.png
HaHA I had to go back and read my post... Lucky i did not type that word for word right!!

my gutter vac only comes out when ladder access is an issue now there ok but not all there cracked upto be, as some one said to me its better to have and not need than to need and not have

Indeed Jimbob,

Must stress lads if using ladders use the right kit to clear & clean guttering as safely as possible /emoticons/wink.png

Latest Posts

Back