Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Do You Clean These Windows - Traditionally Thx

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

sdrah

Hi - as I mentioned in other topics - I am quite new to window cleaning - especially to tricky windows like this http://postimage.org/image/rtonz5osl/

How on earth do you clean them - if you don't have a WFP ?

how do you squeegee it .

I just had a call - to give a quote - for 11 windows and 2 doors at that property and not sure what to do ...

regards s

scrim the windows with one damp cloth and then use a dry scrim to buff it up ,microfiber cloths also work very well on jobs like this

I used to use a terry weave micro fibre (damp or wet the window with mop wipe most of soap off), then a lint free flat weave micro fibre to buff up.

Quote it at £20 because leaded windows are a pain in the ass without wfp and it will take you ages. Best way is as others have said, wet cloth then dry cloth it. If they arent very bad though you might get away with just dry scrimming it.

Also beware of loose lead, go steady the first time or you could be blamed for the damage that most probably was already there.

thanks a lot

I may price it about £17 as very soon I 'll get my Ro unit connected and from next time it will be wfp

In fact I've got everything to go wfp , a gardiner sl-x : P , pump etc - however the ro/di (a 250 GPD) unit it's a nightmare - the flow is very slow - about a glass per 3 min , And I have no idea why ... the waste pipe runs perfectly - however the blue pipe (pure water) is just dripping ... the garden tap pressure is also strong ... it might be cos of the needle valve which connects the the unit to the garden hose ?!

thanks a lot
I may price it about £17 as very soon I 'll get my Ro unit connected and from next time it will be wfp

In fact I've got everything to go wfp , a gardiner sl-x : P , pump etc - however the ro/di (a 250 GPD) unit it's a nightmare - the flow is very slow - about a glass per 3 min , And I have no idea why ... the waste pipe runs perfectly - however the blue pipe (pure water) is just dripping ... the garden tap pressure is also strong ... it might be cos of the needle valve which connects the the unit to the garden hose ?!
Once you have a bit of money, spend some on a 40 inch membrane and housing, you`ll never worry about not being able to produce enough pure water again.....

thanks a lot

Do you have a flow restrictor on the waste pipe? Otherwise I think it is just in 'flush' mode permanently

is a kind of valve - which I can turn it off / on ever way water runs (slightly different flow)

do not quote £20 quote as you would normal windows it takes seconds to buff up a leaded window mate
how do u buff the windows you can't reach by hand ? shall I attach a clamp to my pole and stick in the the cloth ?

Hi - as I mentioned in other topics - I am quite new to window cleaning - especially to tricky windows like this http://postimage.org/image/rtonz5osl/

how do you squeegee it .

I just had a call - to give a quote - for 11 windows and 2 doors at that property and not sure what to do ...

regards s
First of all I'd charge £15.

Then I use astonish tile and window clean. Quick spray, wipe with micro & buff with window micro. Come up gleaming. Lead as well.

how do u buff the windows you can't reach by hand ? shall I attach a clamp to my pole and stick in the the cloth ?
As kip said step ladders milk crate fold away stool anything really that's safe to stand on.

how do you squeegee it .

regards s
Mop, blade, then buff with microfibre. Tip, don't let the glass dry too much after blading it as it will smear. Do one window at a time till you get the hang of it.

Back