Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many of you use google adwords?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You have to be careful with Google Adwords and best to get someone to set it up who knows what they are doing.If not set up right it can blow your budget rapid as your basically bidding for words and placement so will also depend on competition and if many others are doing the same as you.

Who uses google adwords or have tried with it without much success?
You have to be careful with Google Adwords and best to get someone to set it up who knows what they are doing.If not set up right it can blow your budget rapid as your basically bidding for words and placement so will also depend on competition and if many others are doing the same as you.
Many years ago i started and i used to be quite good at it and it was pennies per click, now its £ and as of last week decided to stop as they have too may robots clicking to earn off you, over the last two months both times in one day over £500 taken with no calls or emails but over a 1000 clicks, nightmare to complain and you get no where. I think it has had its day regards to cost = clients.

Many years ago i started and i used to be quite good at it and it was pennies per click, now its £ and as of last week decided to stop as they have too may robots clicking to earn off you, over the last two months both times in one day over £500 taken with no calls or emails but over a 1000 clicks, nightmare to complain and you get no where. I think it has had its day regards to cost = clients.
You must of had something setup wrong. When you set your daily budget google will not go over it during the course of 28.5 days. So you might spend a bit more one day but overall during the course of the month you wont spend more than your daily budget. ie, £10 per day X 28.5 = £280 ish.....

Never really had much luck with Adwords, to be fair. I tried it for varying things and never really get any return for the money spent.

Never really had much luck with Adwords, to be fair. I tried it for varying things and never really get any return for the money spent.
You have to have conversion tracking setup so you know what is working and also let it run for at least 2 months to get the required data in to see what is working and what is not working. Obviously need a great landing page

You must of had something setup wrong. When you set your daily budget google will not go over it during the course of 28.5 days. So you might spend a bit more one day but overall during the course of the month you wont spend more than your daily budget. ie, £10 per day X 28.5 = £280 ish.....
Hi yes i know what you are saying but by doing this with no cap on a day its always been hit a miss and you could pause it at any time when you get busy which is why i have done this for years but whats the difference from a robot taking £500 in one day and its obvious than taking £2.50 a day for years and being nun the wiser? I am only giving my latest opinion and this may change but at the moment i can see its not what it used to be and i am trying different avenues at present.
Good luck guys

I think the internet is saturated with adverts now.
I agree. Well, I think everything is saturated with adverts now and people are getting fed up with it.
Adwords must work in some industries considering the vast sums spent on it, but I think in general people have a tendency to ignore paid ads and go straight to the organic results - which have the higher CTR.
Anyone serious about putting money into paid ads should look into how to counter click fraud and relevant software.....because Google won't do anything about it!

Back