Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Much

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If customers are willing to pay for my time and get a quality job done safely then everybody is happy.
Smurf you keep doing what your doing.

We are all jealous really as we would all like to take out time and get paid well too.

But dew to completion.

Area we work.

Not having the balls to ask for big money......!

Like I said before there is no right or wrong price for that kind of job but I don't rush around to do it as quick as I can so charge accordingly. Simples...

Guttervac? look at the gap between the gutter and roof tiles in the second pic

Ladders would also be an issue too as the path is less than 1m wide with no access from next door either to set the ladder apart from the drive at the front next door which happens to be on a slope too.

Anyhow onto the story..

Had a call today from the chap saying I had been recommended by his friend so popped over this evening to see what needed doing.

Was a pleasant chatty old chap that greeted me at the door then showed me around the outside of the property as they do?

He went on to explain

1. the last person fell through his garage roof.

2. he fell off a ladder trying to do it himself too & spent 4 years recovering from his ladder fall.

I'm guessing that's why when I gave him the price no word of a lie he offered me £30 more as said he was so grateful to find someone who could do the job safely.

That's a first for me :Image3:

Now where did I put me pressure washer telescopic lance :Image16: :Image13:

Yes it would as long as the tool fits into the gutters ok but on the difficult side would need a ladder leveler too so the ladder could be set on the drive next door safely. Then would probably need a tool fitted to a longer wfp than using a 5m harris pole. But that's going to be a ball breaking reach to get to the back of the house.

Then the really difficult part will be to clean the outside of the guttering, fascia & soffit on that side as in a filthy state where the chimmey breasts are.

Hence why I mentioned using a pressure washer to flush the guttering out first. Then spray a chloras/tfr mix onto all the plastic that side then after dwell time rinse it off.

What do you think?

Ladder, Gutter tool with long pole would that work?

Quick update on that job folks...

Had a phone call at 8:30am this morning as the chap had a concern that he did not want the walls of the house getting wet & dirty.

Story goes he had his walls of the house painted recently and said his son mentioned that he had seen a job that after the walls look terrible (not one of mine may I add).

Anyhow to cut a long story short I said the walls of the house would be left clean but if you are still concerned best we leave it then and he agreed.

Motto of the story is that some jobs can be more hassle than they are worth when dealing with oddballs. :Image13:

Quick update on that job folks...
Had a phone call at 8:30am this morning as the chap had a concern that he did not want the walls of the house getting wet & dirty.

Story goes he had his walls of the house painted recently and said his son mentioned that he had seen a job that after the walls look terrible (not one of mine may I add).

Anyhow to cut a long story short I said the walls of the house would be left clean but if you are still concerned best we leave it then and he agreed.

Motto of the story is that some jobs can be more hassle than they are worth when dealing with oddballs. :Image13:
Very true smurf, yesterday I had a new customer stop me because their walls were getting too wet from my wfp doing a little gutter clean! I asked what she done when it rained to which she replied that's different I can't control the rain but can control you!! Proper strange ones out there. I told her I needed to finish as it looked ridiculous half being cleaned. She agreed after a bit of persuasion!!

I find it's best to always explain to the customer how and what methods I will be using whilst out on the quote. At least that way they understand when I start work what's involved so to try and avoid any issues like that.

Water tends to be a bit wet missus. :Image3:

Do you use a tap/aquadapter to turn the flow off when not needed?

Were you using outside tap at good flow rate or pure at a lower flow rate?

Yep I use a tap to turn water off when not using it. And was also using pure, was only set at about 20 so not very high at all, seriously the water was minimal!! She even said she knew she sounded daft but just really didn't like the water on her walls!!!

Now that just telling porkies :Image13:

Had one customer recently that seemed ok to start with but ended up being quite odd

Asked if I could recycle the waste of the guttering into back garden boarders and after she inspected it for a min or so she said... “NO”.

Later on when the job was finished I asked if I could take some pics of the property and guess what she said...”NO”

Then she asked me for a receipt after paying so you can guess what I said? :Image16:

Latest Posts

Back