Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Investing in pressure washer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Eco

Iv been window cleaning for 20 years plus, both traditional and pole, I'm now going to setup pressure washing

But I'm looking for advice on what to buy,
I'm looking to spend around £1500

Thanks in advance

I’ve been an unapologetic fanboy of my Jetmac setup which would fit into your budget. Have a good read of the other threads though as everyone else will say to contact Rutland pumps and that you should get a bigger machine and spend more money. Depends what you’re hoping to achieve of course. Plenty of info on here.

Think about how much you’ll be doing. Mine is perfect for me but if it was a bigger part of my business I’d step up to a 21ltr machine.

if it were me i'd be looking at the facebook groups for people selling up and there is a few, you can get a better bargain by buying pre loved set ups rather than buying all new gear as its not a business you could do all year round and if you could it would take years to build up that kind of work, thats where many fail and sell up.
if you are looking at domestic work only it is seasonal its more of three months from say march to july and maybe a bit more once you build up the customers, you've said that are a wc and for want of a better word looking for a bit of an add on to your business and good on you mate.
try to look for something with a flat surface cleaner, 20m or more of hose and a lance, a 6hp petrol washer is fine for patios and driveways but can be slow tedious work try and aim if you can for 8 or 11 horse power engine and you are somewhat in between the lower end and upper end of the market, don't worry about the litres per min its all rated to the engine and in my opinion a bit of snobbery about biggest everything really.
if you buy a kit second hand you are more likely to get your return of investment (roi) back much much quicker so it can sit in the shed or garage for months on end without you worrying about that £1500 going down the drain and going to waste.
the reason i said buying second hand is better is that people like yourself (no offence intended at all mate) think pressure washing is a gold mine, they buy into these new all inclusive kits and then they find that theres not the amount of work to give them an all year round income so, they sell up and cut a loss some of these machines may have seen 30 hours of work if not less and sell for a lot less than the new price.
good luck on your new venture its fun, a change to cleaning windows and you have the customers already without finding work.
regards kevin

Excellent advice and I would say that £1500 will get you to my Loncin 7hp with a little to spare but then factor all your extra hose in, buffer tank, chemicals, brushes, spare parts and nozzles, and I would say budget for at least £2-£2.5k for set up. That said you’ll pay it off in the first handful of jobs quite easily.

Second hand always good for a bargain but personally I always buy new tools, but I’m completely anal about looking after my gear so I know exactly how it’s been treated, which I never would with someone else’s, and of course always a chance that you’re buying someone else’s issues if it’s a stranger.

Back