Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Liquidator not hitting the spot

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The clip ends seem a wee bit extreem to some but I'm guessing that what has been proven to work best on all type of seals to eliminate detailing glass.

It's still ironic though it can cause some to have other detailing issues on the glass.

I just don't understand how it can be so marmite for people

How can some of us have no issues and other experienced guys have nothing but aggro with it

Maybe because it don't suite every ones style of working?

To be honest it defo more technically challenging to use and slows me down.

It don't really bother me. I might take it out Tomorow & bend the clips up as H man shows in his vid but if it works it works if not then so be it. As I said before my modded unger works just as good if not better & quicker.

What's the largest video file you can load up on here, i'm trying to upload one which is 210mb and it's saying too large. I've also just done it as two shorter videos to break my two techniques up, they are 58mb and 78 and still saying too large. How did you do your 17 minute long video Daveyboy, I'm trying to do it from the upload file button. Cheers

Had to load to you tube to then copy link

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 4800 only thing i can see is youre moving too slow and [possibly] standing too far away from the glass.standing too far away causes the squeegee angle to be too acute ,acute will leave lines . i note in your vid your arm is not bent much at all at elbow cos you are too far away. its better to squeegee if arm is bent

there is also a definite correlation between using slow careful movements and leaving lines on the glass .

i would aim to shave at least 8 seconds from these vid times doing the same style but making an effort to stand a foot or 2 closer to the window and see what the results were

Last edited:
Thanks @boarcity will give that a whirl. I have done it slightly quicker before on the down movement to get rid of excess water but was being careful for the video. I'll stand closer see how that goes.

You seem to move your body a lot as when i do it i am closer but my arm does all the work and my body is still..it may make a difference it may not..who knows lol

For downloading vids i use utube of dropbox

Dropbox is free for android phone app

Share vid with dropbox then click share copy link and post it on here

Im not so sure a lot of it isnt in the mind because its new and we are all looking at it so much.

after all...I probably have just as many problems with my cheapo pulex but I cant moan as it was only cheap..

hence why I have a box full of em...

but Im sticking with it for now ...like boar said...they need a running in period...

for me I seem to work fine for ages and then just lose it...and it can suddenly take me three cleans to get the window right..

really when you leave lines you should be able to spot them but the trouble is in this weather its drying so fast...

but I shall just crack on as the saying goes..

BUT.....never had any complaints about my work and I always point out all my work is fully guaranteed and I am more than happy to reclean any window if I make a mess....

if somebody does say...oh you do a good job but you left some lines last time..

thanks to this post cheapie is ready..

oh very sorry for that its a new high class product Ive been trying and there has been reports of problems with it

bloody manufactures...

cheapie always blames someone else...

sorry the pot broke...its my new worker frank ...ive sacked him now...

sorry the price has had to go up but.

its that bloody insurance ...

sorry a plan....but someone gotta take the blame..:rofl:

and great vid keefo yes I am a bit faster as boar said but....after reading this post ..I spend a long time praying to the window double checking....

so maybe slower isnt so bad...

Last edited by a moderator:
First thing this morning i saw a window cleaner doing some shop fronts near to us, i pretended i was just joe public asking for advice doing our house windows. I said we get some lines you can only see in rising and setting sun.......his attitude was.....yeah you get them and didn't seem fussed. He was also leaving water smears in the trail, they were drying quickly though. Looked like he was using standard Ettore channel & probably rubber too.

or ....he just doesnt want to give his secrets away and is fibbing....

dont worry one day cheapie will manage to get a vid and give you all a laugh...:rofl:

well its very hard working solo where do you put the camera and once on a job I hate to hang about..

as some bugger may come in and want a chat...

I tried a wagulator with a scrub pad and did not get on with it at all.

Mind you it was a 18" with a floor mop scrub pad so the weight was a bit of an issue too /emoticons/biggrin.png

I did make a porcupine scrubber for it but is too heavy for anything other than straight pulls

I use the standard scrubber if using on a pole and it's fine but as a hand tool it works well but i prefer to use it just as a squeegee

Back