Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Liquidator not hitting the spot

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Old windows is it? Micro scratches and internal dust? I did first think it was my shoddy cleaning but it doesn't shift.

Luckily most of my jobs so far seem much newer windows and better seals

Luckily I don't much chance to look out of it /emoticons/biggrin.png

If it lasts another 50 years I'll be happy with that

I think my windows must be half the thickness they originally were

Cleaned weekly for the last 14 years since i moved up here so a rough guess of 728 cleans give or take due to weather

So i would guess at 700

Not anal about my windows MUCH

...or reverse psychology, your windows are dirty because you're tirelessly cleaning others, the 'mother Teresa' effect

Went collecting this eve. Knocked on one and whilst waiting glanced at the porch window to my left which I know I used my 10" liquidator on, oh god, the lines! Window looked like a Picasso ffs!

Customer went to get her purse so I legged it to my car grabbed a microfibre and quickly wiped. Oops!

Well it's a bad advert if a windies gaff is all manky innit
I have no choice but to have dirty smeary snot encrusted gobbed on windows on the inside....I have two boys 4 and 2 years old :confused:

so thats why I get no work....mine are ...:turd:

when I eventually DO get around to cleaning them I really realise why people want them cleaning..

but daveyboy wait til you get the force on your windows...sooooo much easier...

and you can enjoy all the views of the phenomenon spotting...:rolleyes:

hopefully...I am going to persevere with my new moreman blade...but for how long ..who knows../emoticons/biggrin.png

dying to try it on my old peeps next week..

there...I can go back at different sun angles at different times...

Keefo I'm new to trad and I couldn't do it at all. I got those lines as there was dirt on the rubber. Anyway I switched to hard rubber, more soap (still not loads), but made sure there was a fair bit of water on the glass (especially important if the suns out) and holding the squeegee loosely in the fingers. I was holding it far too tight before. And now I'm tradding far better [emoji106]
Trouble is mate when i hold it loosely and don't press enough i get what Polzn showed in one of his vids, soap marks getting left down middle of squeegee, even moving handle further from window. I'm not having a go at the liquidator, just finding it frustrating i can't get it right everytime.

These are the types of water marks being left behind in middle of squeegee, not sure if they would dry ok or not, 18" channel. Ignore the soap at the top as i only did a pass through the middle. I held the handle loosely and hardly pressed, if i press harder i don't get water marks.
0871123e196bb254a3354b7923694dce.jpg
dbcb590ecb3ec58cce70a948458414ed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These are the types of water marks being left behind in middle of squeegee, not sure if they would dry ok or not, 18" channel. Ignore the soap at the top as i only did a pass through the middle. I held the handle loosely and hardly pressed, if i press harder i don't get water marks.
0871123e196bb254a3354b7923694dce.jpg
dbcb590ecb3ec58cce70a948458414ed.jpg
I do get this problem too, more so when I had the moerman rubber in, I tried to use as little pressure as feasibly Poss but got those streaks. Doesn't happen as much now I'm using rzr rubber because it's harder so I apply a bit more pressure. Still get the lines off the ends though and I just can't work out why!

Yes understand that but you don't know unless you try?It is easy to put back to the original setting.
Hi @H MAN. Does adjusting the clips really make it easier to use or is it a case of personal preference? It's weird how some use it effortlessly without doing this and some have to in order for it to work. I feel the same as keefo, am worried about messing with them!

Hi @H MAN. Does adjusting the clips really make it easier to use or is it a case of personal preference? It's weird how some use it effortlessly without doing this and some have to in order for it to work. I feel the same as keefo, am worried about messing with them!
Just straightened mine this mornin,works perfectly now, at any angle and any pressure.cheers H man.

I seem to have plenty of ppl watching me now what with the warm weather and all. It never use to bother me but I must be getting like @cheapncheerful as some :specs:specs:specs:specs:specs:specs can drive you nuts /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back