Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Liquidator not hitting the spot

WCF

Help Support WCF:

These marks are in the middle of the window though or are you saying the seals may have caused the damage to the rubber and so get these marks later on.

What action or technique do you use @Ant , I'm reassured it's not just me.
Me too mate. I use the standard fan technique that polz's recommends for the liquidator, but sometimes I unconsciously slip into the up and down technique which as we all know leaves a mark when you turn sharply to come back down. Bit restricting is the ol' liquidator innit!

I use my liquidator like i would any other squeegee

I did the clip fix with hot water (i would do that on the new clips also personally as i have them real tight) and use razr too

Seems to want to be thrown around the glass then

Smurf how did you fit the liquidator channel in the wag??

I have loads of play in mine

How far above the water/soap line do you go when fanning.....I've been told by some in the past to go about an inch above then others a 3/4. Trouble going a bit further passed is the window is dry.

I think the rubber let dirt in over the years. Maybe if they'd been cleaned regularly for their lifetimes they would be ok. I don't know

Don't know much about trad either TBH though I keep practicing and getting better results faster, I usually have to do a pane a few times till I don't leave a patch of soap on or a line from the top of the blade.

Smurf how did you fit the liquidator channel in the wag??I have loads of play in mine
Fixed it now

Drilled hole in the channel for the wag screw to sit in and then heated the bottom of the clamp with heat gun and squeezed the clamp tight against the channel

In the words of wagga "job done"

How far above the water/soap line do you go when fanning.....I've been told by some in the past to go about an inch above then others a 3/4. Trouble going a bit further passed is the window is dry.
Yeah that's the thing it doesn't seem to like when you hit a dry patch. I try not to go over too far past the soap line maybe max an inch. I used to try and go back up to catch any mistakes but then I'd get in to a mess as the blade travels over dry glass so just started using my rag to correct mistakes. Not really ideal I guess.

If you use it at the right angle and the glass is wet enough when you go back over a dry spot the blade should be wet enough to glide over it

I thinks me better stop reading these posts as I used the liquidator all day today and HOPE...I didnt leave marks...:eek:

er..one job she owns a cleaning company and they were both sat eating their dinner...so I hope I got it right...

I had no problems with it so far just use it as a normal blade...

my attempts at making the pulex handle fit to hold the blade was :turd::turd::turd: as the little prongs didnt reach the rubber through the holes I drilled but...in the usual cnc style....the hole edges dug into the rubber for me...going to be fun changing that blade..

its a good idea to have the lawn inside the front room too daveyboy it could catch on..bet its a bugger to cut though...:rofl:

I've been using those channels quite a bit and not had any customer complaints so far.

I thinks me better stop reading these posts as I used the liquidator all day today and HOPE...I didnt leave marks...:eek:
er..one job she owns a cleaning company and they were both sat eating their dinner...so I hope I got it right...

I had no problems with it so far just use it as a normal blade...

my attempts at making the pulex handle fit to hold the blade was :turd::turd::turd: as the little prongs didnt reach the rubber through the holes I drilled but...in the usual cnc style....the hole edges dug into the rubber for me...going to be fun changing that blade..

its a good idea to have the lawn inside the front room too daveyboy it could catch on..bet its a bugger to cut though...:rofl:

I wonder if the spring mechanism on my Unger Ergotech handle is too tight and gripping the rubber too tight and distorting it in the channel? I'm still having ad hoc problems with the liquidator :gush:

could be I have had that before...me not moaning whilst its working...

if it aint broke dont fix it.../emoticons/biggrin.png

its probably revenge for getting them so cheap in the first place..:rofl:

If you use it at the right angle and the glass is wet enough when you go back over a dry spot the blade should be wet enough to glide over it
Do you soap the window up to the degree that polzn does. He has a lot of soap but I'm afraid of that leaving smears.

This mornings look after re doing our window yesterday, these look as though they're coming from middle and ends of squeegee and I've tried different rubbers. Thing is during day yesterday they looked perfect.

2a758d4441561d3313ad8bd0c4601a29.jpg
6de4c283178772a4152b9223d496c1dc.jpg

Really at a loss, I'm doing it now whilst the early morning sun is still on window and I've done big arch movements, shallower movements, just above the water line a few inches above and still lines. When i press lightly more water/soap trails are left behind so I've tried moving the handle closer/further from window and the same for pressing harder. so frustrating and demoralising.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe your trying too hard^ its common to try too hard and **** up cos you move awkwardly ,as if you are walking on stilts,

stilted thats the word im looking for - STILTED

if you are not cleaning enough windows for whatever reason stilted action results in my experience . a big marketing effort resulting in much more work coming in will usually get your juices flowing

Back