Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Liquidator not hitting the spot

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Used the unger hard rubber in my liquidator today and slowed my action down and it worked a treat. Still think it will use rubbers far quick at the points though

I just dont seem to be able to close out at bottom, get a soap trail on the inside of the curve of the tip, ive been using normal modded wagtail and gettin grips with that, like others the liquidator is proving to be a bit tricky, but will keep at it. My idea is that some people are not getting on with it, is purely down to the ergonomics of the hands, some guys have hand anatomy that suits it and some of us have "flat hand" (flat foot for window cleaners) no wonder H Man is always modding things, he is flat handed so has to build clever prosthetics to window clean:)

I was having problems this morning with it leaving faint wet trails in the middle of the squeegee. I was using the provided Moerman rubber but have just cut an Ettore soft rubber to suit and it's much better. I tend to have an action using these were I just slide it side to side without having big arches to cut down the water/soap. I have the the handle away from the window almost at 60° but I'm sure this is too much.

That’s until his bits got mangled in the photocopy scanner arm I'm thinking. I've also never tried to pull my bare **** out of a sheet of broken glass before have you? /emoticons/biggrin.png
no if your careful like i am your good :thumbsup:

Is it me or does anyone else have problems with the rubber scuffing up quicker at the ends then your left with more detailing not so in pressed at the mo.
does this make you angry?

we wouldn't like it when your angry

oh im :eek:ldy:

Used the unger hard rubber in my liquidator today and slowed my action down and it worked a treat. Still think it will use rubbers far quick at the points though
I gave up with the liquidator it slowed me down too much, was working myself with it but and still had to detail most windows, but when i had my guy back out and we were racing it slowed me down so it isn't really any use to me it is more of a gimic than anything. In the long run it isn't faster than a standard squeegee and the rubbers wear out too fast at the corners. I tried the morman soft which wasn't any good, the ettore wasn't too bad and black diamond rubbers but the new moerman boab gave a nick in the middle of the rubber so i just gave up with it in the end. I went through about 6 rubbers with it in a fortnight mainly due to nicks in the rubber with the ninja boab and moerman boab. The only thing i havn't tried with it yet is a razr rubber so i havn't 100% gave up on it but i've been back to using my unger classic and ergotec gear the last couple of weeks just to get some decent graft done without the mucking about with gear all day

Last edited by a moderator:
Trad tools are a very personal choice so no new tool like a liquidator is for everyone that's for sure.

I gave up with the liquidator it slowed me down too much, was working myself with it but and still had to detail most windows, but when i had my guy back out and we were racing it slowed me down so it isn't really any use to me it is more of a gimic than anything. In the long run it isn't faster than a standard squeegee and the rubbers wear out too fast at the corners. I tried the morman soft which wasn't any good, the ettore wasn't too bad and black diamond rubbers but the new moerman boab gave a nick in the middle of the rubber so i just gave up with it in the end. I went through about 6 rubbers with it in a fortnight mainly due to nicks in the rubber with the ninja boab and moerman boab. The only thing i havn't tried with it yet is a razr rubber so i havn't 100% gave up on it but i've been back to using my unger classic and ergotec gear the last couple of weeks just to get some decent graft done without the mucking about with gear all day

All of it @Tuffers except my modded unger has soft rubber in it. I get the lines as well but usually a thickish one but then the next window can be fine. That's with the razr red as well.
I was getting a thickish line too mate but i had it down to the moerman boab causing that on my rubber. Some boabs out there have a design fault especially the ninja boab. The unger classic is the best i've used in 20 years. Get no nicks whatsoever

I was getting a thickish line too mate but i had it down to the moerman boab causing that on my rubber. Some boabs out there have a design fault especially the ninja boab. The unger classic is the best i've used in 20 years. Get no nicks whatsoever
Interesting point, are the lines you talk about at the end or also in the middle of the rubber.

Never had any issues with the liquidator,

There is a way round it, wfp!/emoticons/biggrin.png

They are in the middle right where the rubber hits the plastic on the boab i think. I didn't muck about having a good look at it to find out i just swapped over my gear because i was busy at the time and had to get work done and i just haven't looked at it since but it happened with both sides of the rubber and it was a big nick just like you described, not just your usual little one

Back