Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Liquidator not hitting the spot

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I still trad lots of my work, probably 30%, but haven't got any issues with the liquidator,

Although wfp would be my point of call these days, if I was getting lines, when you look from the inside at windows where you've left lines, it looks awful!

My mums old school friend has lived in Rockingham for over 37 years .....waikiki
That's where my aunt uncle and cousins all love in waikiki about 5 mins walk from the beach ...it's a small world lol.

i find the pointed tip makes it dead easy to put into a boab slot. before i had a liquidator other squeegees often hit the lip of the boab slot instead of going in first time

Lines all over this morning soapy ones at the end and water lines in the middle, tried 3 different rubbers and angle of handle. I did find it left less when going quick and slow instead of just doing it slow all round. When I've gone down the side then come back up and around I did this a bit quicker. The old quick & slow action[emoji6]

Lines all over this morning soapy ones at the end and water lines in the middle, tried 3 different rubbers and angle of handle. I did find it left less when going quick and slow instead of just doing it slow all round. When I've gone down the side then come back up and around I did this a bit quicker. The old quick & slow action[emoji6]
I'm going to have a look at mine in the next few days and try and sort the problem once and for all. Personally i think it is the boab that is causing the lines on the rubber

Hi. I've been having serious line issues with the liquidator as well as the standard problems you get with it. It's why I've just joined the forum as it's great for help and advice. I don't want to entirely blame the tool as there's plenty who love it. I've tried various different rubbers and techniques but generally not getting great results. Am also getting faint watery lines from the middle of the Razor Red. I decided to go back to standard squeegee and was getting much better results but wanted to reduce the detailing, so thought I'd have a go at dogearing my channels (never done this b4) just bent the ends over a bit. Reduced the detailing but the damn lines made an appearance again. can lines be caused by dogearing? I also have a Ninja BOAB so.....

Blooming hate lines :gush:

Hi. I've been having serious line issues with the liquidator as well as the standard problems you get with it. It's why I've just joined the forum as it's great for help and advice. I don't want to entirely blame the tool as there's plenty who love it. I've tried various different rubbers and techniques but generally not getting great results. Am also getting faint watery lines from the middle of the Razor Red. I decided to go back to standard squeegee and was getting much better results but wanted to reduce the detailing, so thought I'd have a go at dogearing my channels (never done this b4) just bent the ends over a bit. Reduced the detailing but the damn lines made an appearance again. can lines be caused by dogearing? I also have a Ninja BOAB so.....Blooming hate lines :gush:
Are the lines in the middle or the end of the rubber?

Are the lines in the middle or the end of the rubber?
Hi. They are mainly soapy trail lines off the ends but I do get watery lines from middle of the Razor rubber. The lines in the middle could be caused by my boab as I've noticed my rubber's a bit kinky....!

I've noticed the ends have got to be cut perfect and if not they will leave lines. Try getting a puncture outfit and glueing a patch inside your boab where the rubber hits the plastic. Notice where the rubber hits the plastic and if that's where the lines are on your rubber you will know what is causing it

Kinky rubber will not help as the edge of the rubber needs to be sharp, straight and clean without any damage to it. Maybe try dipping the rubber in hot water to see if it will go back into shape. If not then you could keep all used old rubber and reuse it in an old cut down small channel as a frame and sill squeegee instead to get rid of excess water before using a sill cloth.

Thanks Kev. I think you're right about the ends having to be dead straight, mine are not as I struggle to get them bang on! Will work on that. I have glued a piece of squeegee rubber over the divider of my boab but I think it's too fat, causing the rubber to bend over which creates a kink so I think your puncture repair patch idea is better. Nice one. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks Kev. I think you're right about the ends having to be dead straight, mine are not as I struggle to get them bang on! Will work on that. I have glued a piece of squeegee rubber over the divider of my boab but I think it's too fat, causing the rubber to bend over which creates a kink so I think your puncture repair patch idea is better. Nice one. I'll let you know how I get on.
No worries mate

I don't get that problem with mine but my tools are only in the boab for the length of the job then back in my bucket

I don't get that problem with mine but my tools are only in the boab for the length of the job then back in my bucket
Mine too davey i never leave them in during breaks or over night or between jobs. Most of my work is on foot, once i am out the van that is me all day apart from 4 days monthly work i have which is a lot of stopping and starting

Back