Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

liquidator...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mine turned up today.

Look quite nice

What's the rubber like that comes with them. Feels like soft to me.

Only asking coz not gonna have time to play with it today & off on hol for a week Tomorow.

Is it a lot different to unger soft????

Mine turned up today.Look quite nice

What's the rubber like that comes with them. Feels like soft to me.

Only asking coz not gonna have time to play with it today & off on hol for a week Tomorow.

Is it a lot different to unger soft????
moermam Soft. iv been using it about 3 yrs now and wouldnt change as its the best budget rubber there is ,in my opinion

It seems to mould to the glass

Have switched over to hard now it is warmer to see what difference it makes now it but will probably still use the soft unless it gets really hot

Haven't got mine yet, but I'm thinking it might be better to gently nip the ends of the actual aluminium channel in a bit instead, with a pair of plyers.

That's what I did with my dog eared channel. Funnily enough it's nearly perfect now. I cleaned yesterday and barely edged anything off at all

The tips of the channel need to stay as they are to hold the clips on and it is the very end of the tip underneath the channel that needs pinching

All my own modded ones are already pinched like that when i make them
so let me get this straight [cos im not understanding what the problem you are having] ..... you saying as the tips come the rubber actually pulls out of the clip end when you squeegee?

that HAS NOT happened to me , maybe because when changing direction with a Wagtail the change in direction is not so sudden due to the way a wagtail works ,if that makes sense

show a close up image of your problem if you can davey

Last edited:
I am not having any problems boar

Some people were as due to moerman ignoring what bob had said and already proved with his own that the end clip gap needed to be a bit narrower

Moerman thought it would be better to have the gap the same size as the channel which caused a problem for some

Bob had assumed the clips would have been made exactly like they agreed but they didn't as they thought people would have problems threading the rubber through which is nonsence as i already pinch the ends of my own modded channels

They are aware of the problem and are sorting it on the new ones

Just a quick heat of the tip and pinch a touch sorts it to the size the very end should be

Jim I'm using hard rubber and it's not even wearing

The soft I have had in them since 2 Wednesdays ago and they aren't very worn either

think itll be a mistake if Moer modify the clips now. Anybody who hasnt read this thread will find putting the rubber in to be a tad more awkward than what theyd expect and be dumbstruck and think its faulty

iv just tried tugging a rubber out of a brand new moer channel clip -it wont come out , its worrying needlessly in my opinion the original is faultless

bob polzn -if u are reading this ,call up moer and tell them not to start boiling water

Strange reading conflicting views on this site and another forum. Nearly all on the other forum don't like it and no one seems to like the rubber either as they are saying it drags.

Mine didnt work at all until I did the boil trick, I was about to package it up and send it back. Glad they are tightening up the next batch,as always, the tighter the better. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Agreed with boar, moerman rubber is good stuff, in fact all there stuff is of a good quality. The company was never really on my radar until recently. Its top notch gear.

Yet it is a good price

14" applicator handle and sleeve for 8 quid all in..very nice price

Anyone else tried the blue microfibre sleeve yet

Strange reading conflicting views on this site and another forum. Nearly all on the other forum don't like it and no one seems to like the rubber either as they are saying it drags.
It does drag in that channel until the clips are tightened..then it is a lot smoother

Also works well with unger hard

Jim I'm using hard rubber and it's not even wearingThe soft I have had in them since 2 Wednesdays ago and they aren't very worn either
Hi dave mine has fell to Pcs at the end it is not like where it buffs the edges I have all cracks bits falling off it and I have had to use both sides as for hard I can't get on with it .

That's weird mate

Can't be the channel as the rubber should withstand normal window cleaning as it has been around at least 3 years without problems

Bad batch maybe??

It's a bit strange

Got any ettore soft as that is the same width

I always have plenty spare rubber about

Want some unger green????It's brilliant honest guv

Latest Posts

Back