Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Loncin hunting then settles

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

My pw started hunting then settles also lowered revs for liter work but it’s not lowering the power of the water coming out could this be the uploader that’s broken?

Change the fuel if it’s been sitting ages

Take the idle screw out the carb (count how many turns so you can put it back roughly right) and pull the pilot jet out
Give it a blast out with carb cleaner and clean the hole in the carb with thin wire brush
Put back together and that will show if it’s the carb or **** fuel which is the most common problem
Then you know whether to mess with the unloader etc

Fresh fuel in it mate that morning ?
Best engine in the world is the Honda one. It just doesn't seem to break down and is easy to repair it. If you decide to ever buy anything again, always pay the extra £100 or so to come with the Honda engine. Briggs and Stratton are good as well because they are built by Toyota. After the war, Japan and Germany were not allowed to build war stuff so they invested in engines for cars and motorbikes. This is the reason German cars and Japan motorbikes are the best in the world they spent billions of time and money into developing them. Everyone tries to copy them rather than spend millions on research and development. ?

Best engine in the world is the Honda one. It just doesn't seem to break down and is easy to repair it. If you decide to ever buy anything again, always pay the extra £100 or so to come with the Honda engine. Briggs and Stratton are good as well because they are built by Toyota. After the war, Japan and Germany were not allowed to build war stuff so they invested in engines for cars and motorbikes. This is the reason German cars and Japan motorbikes are the best in the world they spent billions of time and money into developing them. Everyone tries to copy them rather than spend millions on research and development. ?
Briggs and Stratton engine on my pressure washer is made by Mitsubishi , far superior engine to any Honda

Briggs and Stratton engine on my pressure washer is made by Mitsubishi , far superior engine to any Honda
Are Briggs and Stratton engines good? Yes; they are fairly reliable, parts are readily available and they are relatively easy to service and repair. But in small engines the Honda is better both in terms of performance and reliability.
I've always heard Honda small engines are the best in the world. Think Briggs went bust in 2020.

Which engine is better Honda or Briggs and Stratton?

Honda makes great engines - but they do cost more on the mowers that have them especially Honda mowers. Briggs and Stratton engines are generally cheaper but are still good engines. For consumer use - do the maintenance and they will last as long as the lawn mower. Between those two, Honda by a mile.
That's what I read on the net but comes down to personal choice.

Are Briggs and Stratton engines good? Yes; they are fairly reliable, parts are readily available and they are relatively easy to service and repair. But in small engines the Honda is better both in terms of performance and reliability.
I've always heard Honda small engines are the best in the world. Think Briggs went bust in 2020.
I have had and still have a few things with Honda engines they are very noisy heavy on fuel and rattles , the briggs and Stratton Mitsubishi engine is quite ,very good on fuel far more power and silky smooth briggs and Stratton own engine are rubbish we used to have them on crash rescue as power sources for the tools .

Fresh fuel in it mate that morning ?
Even so there may have been a bit of muck in the tank or last lot of fuel
Doesn’t take much to clog the pilot jet and make it run badly
Once a year after the summer I take my carb off and drain it then clean both jets then reassemble ready for work again
Keeps it all seeet and is a five minute job
What pump is it on your washer?

I’ve cleared out the filter that’s on the uploader thing more fresh fuel as it was low from Saturday job now it’s working fine thankfully could be fuel like you say or that filter thing ?

Back