Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Losing vac tools

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Chris34

Absolutely fuming with myself. Anyone else always losing the tools? Honestly I never lose anything else, never lose keys, never misplace things... but the bloody gutter vac tools, they just disappear, never to be seen again. I think I'm throwing some away in green bins, others just leaving on a patio somewhere. I can't understand how I can lose so many. Got a job to do tomorrow and I'm missing two of the end tools, it's going to be a nightmare.

I'm going to have to make a checklist for leaving home and returning, an actual print off list that has to be signed off by myself, that's how bad it's got. I'm absolutely fuming.

Most of the time I only have the crevice tool and pipe end fittings. Which ever one I am not using I either leave right by the vac or the extension lead so I don't forget it.

Most of the time I only have the crevice tool and pipe end fittings. Which ever one I am not using I either leave right by the vac or the extension lead so I don't forget it.
I use about 3 different ones but somehow I seem to lose them. After the last one I lost I have been (or thought I had) super careful and checked everything... nope still lose them. Only option is to take checklists from now on. It's like £20 to £40 a time. To make matters worse the Spina clean website no longer works so trying to order the parts and knowing what's available is going to be a lot harder and possibly no longer available to order.

I might even see about making my own, there's not a lot to them really, I'm sure I could bash something together that would do the job.

that's a pain i have left attachment tool but luckily I've remembered and collected it, now I'm very anal about making sure i have them i keep mine in my clean pouch until done with them straight in pole bag after im a tight git so don't like spending unnecessarily

Absolutely fuming with myself. Anyone else always losing the tools? Honestly I never lose anything else, never lose keys, never misplace things... but the bloody gutter vac tools, they just disappear, never to be seen again. I think I'm throwing some away in green bins, others just leaving on a patio somewhere. I can't understand how I can lose so many. Got a job to do tomorrow and I'm missing two of the end tools, it's going to be a nightmare.

I'm going to have to make a checklist for leaving home and returning, an actual print off list that has to be signed off by myself, that's how bad it's got. I'm absolutely fuming.
I made one from 18mm plywood. I just laid it down on plywood and drew round it. Cut out with jigsaw and bored a hole in it to fit my paint pole thread.

Ahh I`m always leaving sh!t behind on jobs. Honestly I`m terrible for it. Cloths, Spray bottles, squeegees, gutter vac tools, safety cones, you name I`ve left it behind at some point. Once I even left some ladders behind. I`m a lot better now but do still occasionally do it. So you are not the only one Chris. I think its a good Idea to have a look around when you have finished a job to make sure everything has been put back.

Ahh I`m always leaving sh!t behind on jobs. Honestly I`m terrible for it. Cloths, Spray bottles, squeegees, gutter vac tools, safety cones, you name I`ve left it behind at some point. Once I even left some ladders behind. I`m a lot better now but do still occasionally do it. So you are not the only one Chris. I think its a good Idea to have a look around when you have finished a job to make sure everything has been put back.
Easier said than done though, today is a classic example. I struggled doing a gutter vac job in the hail snow and had to call it quits after about an hour as the machine kept blocking with it and the gutters were overloaded with it on top of mud, decomposed leaves etc. I put everything in the van then just had a quick look on the floor and couldn't see anything.

In that moment all I'm thinking about is explaining the problem to the customer and trying to calm myself down as I was cursing the weather, you know what it's like and I'm sure many of us do it, muttering things under your breath like 'ba**ard spring weather, bring back January...' etc lol. Anyway it wasn't until I got home that I realised I hadn't checked my pole bag for anything missing. It was completely soaked, I was soaked, everything wasn't working and all I wanted to do was get out of the sh!t weather and get home. It's in that moment that you become careless and don't make thorough checks as you're not thinking straight.

A checklist wouldn't have worked today, the paper would have just got soaked and the pen ink would run all over the place. I think I'm going to count everything and do a count. Like pole bag should have 14 parts. Or maybe 6 sections and 9 attachments, something like that.

Easier said than done though, today is a classic example. I struggled doing a gutter vac job in the hail snow and had to call it quits after about an hour as the machine kept blocking with it and the gutters were overloaded with it on top of mud, decomposed leaves etc. I put everything in the van then just had a quick look on the floor and couldn't see anything.

In that moment all I'm thinking about is explaining the problem to the customer and trying to calm myself down as I was cursing the weather, you know what it's like and I'm sure many of us do it, muttering things under your breath like 'ba**ard spring weather, bring back January...' etc lol. Anyway it wasn't until I got home that I realised I hadn't checked my pole bag for anything missing. It was completely soaked, I was soaked, everything wasn't working and all I wanted to do was get out of the sh!t weather and get home. It's in that moment that you become careless and don't make thorough checks as you're not thinking straight.

A checklist wouldn't have worked today, the paper would have just got soaked and the pen ink would run all over the place. I think I'm going to count everything and do a count. Like pole bag should have 14 parts. Or maybe 6 sections and 9 attachments, something like that.
Todays weather was a challenge!
You could use a laminated list and then a china pencil to check things in and out of the van. Say attach it to the inside rear door and each time you remove kit from van mark a line through it then rub it out when you return kit? That way it's all waterproof.

Todays weather was a challenge!
You could use a laminated list and then a china pencil to check things in and out of the van. Say attach it to the inside rear door and each time you remove kit from van mark a line through it then rub it out when you return kit? That way it's all waterproof.
Think we need to change your name to 'brains' you're always coming up with good ideas ? to clever for this window cleaning malarky ?

Lol you obviously don’t have sky vac bits and bobs at£125 for a swanneck end you cannot afford to leave that behind ??
No but I just reversed over one and it still works but ended up buying a new one. That was an expensive day because I went on to cut through a radiator pipe. I got distracted first thing and my day rapidly went down hill.

Back