Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Making the most of the situation.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hopefully most of us will get through this with no health problems or just a mild man flu but I think it will hit us in the pocket.

Cleaning a monthly hotel job this morning and the owner was telling me that they have had a lot of cancellations over the last week.

People will hunker down and cut back on spending money and businesses will suffer and it will drip down into whether they really want clean windows or just leave it until this clears through.

If you are unfortunate to catch it you will be treated like a pariah if you go out your front door never mind turning up at jobs.

On a brighter note I picked up a sixteen pack of Andrex bog roll today.

It will be on eBay later if your looking for some.

Take care.

I'm hoping to get some rest but I'm as busy as ever. The weather hasn't seemed to dampen things up here. It can actually turn in our favour. When I'm at a loose end in the house, I begin to look for things to be done. When I hurt my back last summer, I was on the net looking for a tank system for my van. Eventually went with Grippatank but gave them 3 months notice because I had to save the money. What it comes down to is this, when I'm bored I spend money especially on books on the net. When I'm working 6 days a week, I don't have the time nor energy to spend money. fwiw

Hopefully most of us will get through this with no health problems or just a mild man flu but I think it will hit us in the pocket.

Cleaning a monthly hotel job this morning and the owner was telling me that they have had a lot of cancellations over the last week.

People will hunker down and cut back on spending money and businesses will suffer and it will drip down into whether they really want clean windows or just leave it until this clears through.

If you are unfortunate to catch it you will be treated like a pariah if you go out your front door never mind turning up at jobs.

On a brighter note I picked up a sixteen pack of Andrex bog roll today.

It will be on eBay later if your looking for some.

Take care.
I bought a 45 pack from Costco today. May flog them for 2 quid a roll out the back of my van ?

I'm hoping to get some rest but I'm as busy as ever. The weather hasn't seemed to dampen things up here. It can actually turn in our favour. When I'm at a loose end in the house, I begin to look for things to be done. When I hurt my back last summer, I was on the net looking for a tank system for my van. Eventually went with Grippatank but gave them 3 months notice because I had to save the money. What it comes down to is this, when I'm bored I spend money especially on books on the net. When I'm working 6 days a week, I don't have the time nor energy to spend money. fwiw
Me me me me 

It is a shame that you really do not understand the Chineese mentality at all.  

I have no intent of getting into a back and forth so this is my only comment on the topic but they don't put two fingers up to anybody. 
To be fair, always been impressed with how the chinese always keep to themselves and never get involved in street violence etc  in england, unlike many others. But/and though many would say its none of our business i cant condone how they treat the millions of uiger muslims over there. Between them, russia and america we really are at their mercy in a lot of ways.

Yes making the most of it in Tenerife at moment, life is carrying on as normal, despite what the news are saying, beans & toilet roll readily available, jet 2 have emailed us to say they will be taking us home on Tuesday , so back to work Wednesday

It is a shame that you really do not understand the Chineese mentality at all.  

I have no intent of getting into a back and forth so this is my only comment on the topic but they don't put two fingers up to anybody. 
12 million Uyghurs may disagree with you there Green

Yes making the most of it in Tenerife at moment, life is carrying on as normal, despite what the news are saying, beans & toilet roll readily available, jet 2 have emailed us to say they will be taking us home on Tuesday , so back to work Wednesday
Tenerife update today no restaurants  or bars open , but supermarkets are, just shocked up on San Miguel especial, 

karl73091 said:
Tenerife update today no restaurants  or bars open , but supermarkets are, just shocked up on San Miguel especial, 
Stocked not shocked 

12 million Uyghurs may disagree with you there Green
I had to google Uyghurs, we could back and forth all day facts are the facts, I certainly do not for one minute tar all the Chinese with the same brush or have an agenda against them, as I am sure there will be people in China who also disagree with certain things in their country just as much as we do in our own and many do across the world in their own countries,

It's those in power and the big players that call the shots and they will do what they want to do as they have always done, the points I have raised previously are black and white out there facts. 

I had to google Uyghurs, we could back and forth all day facts are the facts, I certainly do not for one minute tar all the Chinese with the same brush or have an agenda against them, as I am sure there will be people in China who also disagree with certain things in their country just as much as we do in our own and many do across the world in their own countries,

It's those in power and the big players that call the shots and they will do what they want to do as they have always done, the points I have raised previously are black and white out there facts. 
The Chinese are good hard workers so the business world tells me.

The Chinese are good hard workers so the business world tells me.
I ain't knocking their work ethic, it's their polluting and eating owt that moves without a care as they are wiping out animals, fish and mammals and their animal welfare and tracing is way off modern world standards such as in the UK were a farm animal  can be traced from farm to shop vs theirs which has seen coronavirus in various strains come out of China in the last two decades. 

I respect and value those who maintain traditions, but on a mass scale the eating of animals etc has to have to be more controlled to ensure that peoples health isn't compromised and flu epidemic strains which originated from animal intestines and made the leap from animal to human, this is the issue that is effecting us humans on a global scale.  

I respect and value those who maintain traditions, but on a mass scale the eating of animals etc has to have to be more controlled to ensure that peoples health isn't compromised and flu epidemic strains which originated from animal intestines and made the leap from animal to human, this is the issue that is effecting us humans on a global scale
Very hard to tell a starving person not to eat food, no matter what form it's in. I went over there in 2007 and the pollution and poverty was everywhere. You don't go through the industrial revolution in 30 years and not have troubles.

Can anyone suggest any Improvements or issues with this please?

"Dear customer, 

With the Current Covid19 virus situation we are bringing forward some future changes that we had planned for our service.

To help prevent the spread of this virus and to safeguard our customers, we will no longer be taking cash payments and will no longer be pushing calling cards through the letterbox.

We have been slowly phasing out cash payments already and now have over 80% of our customers using electronic payment methods such as Direct Debit and Bank transfer. 

Our most vunerable customers are also the ones most likely to pay cash so we have simplified the instructions for electronic payments to make it straightforward for anyone to set up even if you aren't tech savvy.

We have been trialing text message invoices for a while now instead of using paper slips and think it is now prudent to roll this out to all our customers.

Please send a text message to 078----- with your name and address and we will use that number to send the invoice and notify you that your windows have been cleaned.

Full instructions are overleaf detailing your options for making payments.

If you have any concerns about these changes or need any assistance setting up payment please contact us.

Many thanks for your custom"

Can anyone suggest any Improvements or issues with this please?

"Dear customer, 

With the Current Covid19 virus situation we are bringing forward some future changes that we had planned for our service.

To help prevent the spread of this virus and to safeguard our customers, we will no longer be taking cash payments and will no longer be pushing calling cards through the letterbox.

We have been slowly phasing out cash payments already and now have over 80% of our customers using electronic payment methods such as Direct Debit and Bank transfer. 

Our most vunerable customers are also the ones most likely to pay cash so we have simplified the instructions for electronic payments to make it straightforward for anyone to set up even if you aren't tech savvy.

We have been trialing text message invoices for a while now instead of using paper slips and think it is now prudent to roll this out to all our customers.

Please send a text message to 078----- with your name and address and we will use that number to send the invoice and notify you that your windows have been cleaned.

Full instructions are overleaf detailing your options for making payments.

If you have any concerns about these changes or need any assistance setting up payment please contact us.

Many thanks for your custom"
Great idea, I’m going to do the same. The only thing I would change personally is rather than saying “no cash payments at all”, I would just say “I’m trying to avoid cash payments”. 
Other than that mint. 

Very hard to tell a starving person not to eat food, no matter what form it's in. I went over there in 2007 and the pollution and poverty was everywhere. You don't go through the industrial revolution in 30 years and not have troubles.
I get what you are saying totally, we all have issues, in many countries including ours, we have people struggling to feed themselves and their families, homeless and poor people going through bins to find food to eat, in some of the most richest countries in the world, this also bugs me, rich getting richer poorer get poorer, not a dig at you ?

Back