Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New brushes and 3mm pencil jets

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Told you you'd like them.
I can't use anything else now.
I don't see the point in 2mm ones now... 3mm makes sense when in action,

Where've you been Jonny? Gracing ciu? Havent seen you post here for ages

Used my fan jets for the first time today, at first I didn't notice any difference really, its a bit like putting your thumb over the end of a hose a bit. But I can hold the brush alot closer without splashback, which makes less mess. But after a while I decided I really like them.

I wiggle my pole from side to side anyway on pencils and fans to rinse glass, just need to do less wiggling with fans so easier work. Got it on 40 (with 6ltr/min 100psi pump, 6mm hose) and it feels as powerful if not slightly more so than with 2mm pencils. I was worried it would just be a mist, but it wasn't really and I could even just rinse on the glass with them if I had more confidence with them. I did have nice easy phillic glass all day though :thumbsup:

Fan jets acted differently at different speeds, if you hated them before Jake, it might be worth a try at a different speed?

I tried them with all speeds mate, played around for a month or so but josh didn't like how slow rinsing was...

3mm jets stop splash back, they have been the best I've used, fitted 3mm jets to all my brushes now, there now my standard...

Give the 3mm jets a try bump, always good to try all options!

Glad you got on well with the fan jets, there just not for me... Defo slower rinsing...

I did buy some 3mm jets to try at the same time as the fans but I lost 'em so need to get some more /emoticons/biggrin.png I do now leave my speed at 40, turned up from 25-30 that i used to use and I am using less water so that's good! Probably 30-40ltrs per house, was using 60-70ltrs :eek: I'll get some 3mm pencils on order and have a go with them and see how they compare :thumbsup: I really want to get a 4-way connector and get 4 jets on the go at once too /emoticons/biggrin.png

I did once try one pencil jet and one fan jet! Was ok, but as said, I just prefer the pencil jet for fast rinsing...

Wow your using a lot of water per house! I reckon I only use about 15 litres on a 3 bed...

15 litres! Wow I use that much on just the front door hahaha /emoticons/biggrin.png Mind you a 3 bed or bungalow takes me a good 50 mins, I'm a bit ocd, rinse twice, go round and wipe all sills after with a cloth etc. You'd of found it hilarious a few months ago it was taking me an hour and a half! /emoticons/biggrin.png Most of yours will be long into regular maintenance cleans though I'm guessing, I'm just getting to that stage now really 4/5+ cleans..

hey @MrBump i bought the red fan jets from gardiner too, but haven't tried them yet, how did you fit them in your brush considering they are plastic and that they seem to be thicker than normal pencil ones?

what i'm a bit worried about is that it will spray water on top of frames (especially the vents) as it's not as accurate as pencil jets??

I will give it a try tho

All the same size, just poked them through the other side easy as pie and put the hose on. They spray more flat than a round spray, so no worried about spraying on top frame. Same as pencils when scrubbing and you can aim the same when rinsing, its just winder rinse area. I like them. I've put them next to my pencils so have 4 jets on brush and can swap over if I like easily /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yeah they won't spray the top frame unless you have them turned upwards, but you have the fan jet part horizontal to the brush, so you just get a wide flat spray pattern...

I still think there rubbish, but that's just me :cool:

I've just started using the hybrid and the mixed extreme brush and I have to say it's the best brush I've ever used, I have found it easier and quicker to clean frames and windows on maintaince cleans. For me gardiner make the best quality tools for water fed window cleaning. Thanks @Alex Gardiner for your expertise and making my working day even more enjoyable

Yeah they are the by far the best and most advanced window water fed pole company out there, a huge array of products !

Latest Posts

Back