Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbie here in Birmingham

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mickey07

G'day chaps how we all doing newbie here in Birmingham been going for a couple of months now got my wfp system fitted now which is great by the way,also think I'm a bit paranoid using my pure water as I keep going back to the windows looking for spotting lol etc etc previously I was a plasterer for many many years before I got into this just fancied a change really..

Bonjour Mickey, As long as your water is 100% pure and you have decent technique and rinse well enough you should be fine but nowt wrong with checking your work to make sure all is good, even after more than 10 years of wfp I still make the odd mistake which I spot and correct just about having the eye 

Hi

I have a 350L in my transit but I think I'm using too much water per job because I rinse top level first then go back then wash all the way along again then go back and then rinse again! (I just want to do a good job)

Should I knock the first rinse on the head and just wash straight away?im a bit OCD at the moment lol

Hi

I have a 350L in my transit but I think I'm using too much water per job because I rinse top level first then go back then wash all the way along again then go back and then rinse again! (I just want to do a good job)

Should I knock the first rinse on the head and just wash straight away?im a bit OCD at the moment lol
I clean above the frame first, then clean top part of the frame. When water starts running down the glass I then clean the rest. I then thoroughly rinse the glass and remove any bits from the frames, I finish with a brush wipe of the sills. No need to rinse more than once. The above method works on first cleans or maintenance, only difference being spending more time, and higher water flow on each section, for first wash.

Cheers for the replys chaps points taken on board, also another OCD problem of mine is that I'm paranoid about the top sill all the time I'm always going back to the van to get the ladders to give the sill a good clean..

Should I just brush sill at the end and leave it at that as it's a bit time consuming getting the ladders all the time for a sill..told you I'm ocd lol.

Some members use the sill brush, I don't I use the ultimate and more recently the extreme brushes from gardiner pole systems when using a swivel I find I can clean the top sills by raising my arms and having the brush at a slight angle and wipe, no compliants so far, You don't need to check with the ladders.

Latest Posts

Back