Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

No rinsing needed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Reputation is the key why chance it for a quick buck I suppose it comes down to your morales I know where I want to be and stay and sleep ? well not having to think how many complaints am I going to get tomorrow.At the end of the day if the job is worth doing it is worth doing at the best of your ability and get recommendations rather then complaints.That’s me not everyone will agree we are all different how we operate our business but it is nice to be known for quality rather then ****
It's about what motivates you. If one is driven by the desire to make money, then there is a good chance that ethics are not a top priority.

Never be 100% that’s not a very good advert for your services, ime more than confident that we can get perfect results every time or we will re visit and clean again we get about 3-4 calls backs in as many years and trust me we have some super fussy customers
Sorry but that's total nonsense, nobody on here and nobody in the world can achieve 100% perfection, show me any one of your jobs and I'll find the smallest fault with it. You will probably say the fault is so small it's not actually a fault with the job, well actually it is a fault, if it's not 100% then it's a fault. Show me your windows in low sunlight and tell me they're 100%, absolutely zero problems. It's impossible... period.

I'm being straight with the customer, I don't lose customers, I charge a very good rate and I don't get complaints.

Sorry but that's total nonsense, nobody on here and nobody in the world can achieve 100% perfection, show me any one of your jobs and I'll find the smallest fault with it. You will probably say the fault is so small it's not actually a fault with the job, well actually it is a fault, if it's not 100% then it's a fault. Show me your windows in low sunlight and tell me they're 100%, absolutely zero problems. It's impossible... period.

I'm being straight with the customer, I don't lose customers, I charge a very good rate and I don't get complaints.
We don’t get complaints full stop I regularly check jobs randomly and cannot remember the last time I found a problem , low sunlight not a problem, we take a pride in what we do and each job is done right will we make an occasional mistake yes of course but 99.9 % of the time it’s 100% , if a customer phones up with a problem we always go and take a look , the last 2 complaints over the last few years both were marks on the internal Windows when this was pointed out to the customers they were very apologetic , so yes it is possible to clean without getting complaints.
You are more than welcome to come and take a look at any job we do .

Im a bit confused ! this is your post from Feb. 21-2022 ive copypasted it-
“Personally I double rinse minimum on maintenance cleans, by which I mean I'll rinse side to side across the frames and right over the glass as well and on the second rinse I'll focus glass only. “ so….
I don't understand why you're confused, that's with the brush on the glass. It's rinsing with the brush on the glass.

We don’t get complaints full stop I regularly check jobs randomly and cannot remember the last time I found a problem , low sunlight not a problem, we take a pride in what we do and each job is done right will we make an occasional mistake yes of course but 99.9 % of the time it’s 100% , if a customer phones up with a problem we always go and take a look , the last 2 complaints over the last few years both were marks on the internal Windows when this was pointed out to the customers they were very apologetic , so yes it is possible to clean without getting complaints.
You are more than welcome to come and take a look at any job we do .
I've got better things to do with my time. If you believe your work is perfect then carry on living in ignorant bliss (y)

Reputation is the key why chance it for a quick buck I suppose it comes down to your morales I know where I want to be and stay and sleep ? well not having to think how many complaints am I going to get tomorrow.At the end of the day if the job is worth doing it is worth doing at the best of your ability and get recommendations rather then complaints.That’s me not everyone will agree we are all different how we operate our business but it is nice to be known for quality rather then ****
Once people go down this road they stop caring and it just becomes a mundane job that they have no heart, this I'd say is typically true of those charging low prices and that don't have the balls to up their prices or the self-worth or belief that they so should up their game and they will get the higher prices these are the ones that have been doing the same way for 10 years + and have some following suit.

This why typically on older estates whether private or social housing that people's expectations are low and their belief that window cleaners should be paid low prices because some cleaners have prices have rarely increased over the years

If I'm doing it traditional il usually say if the windows are ever a mess give me a text, il not be offended and your not putting me out as I'm likely to be within a few streets the next again day or 2, I do say the scrims and rubber can leave the odd mark, My scrims get put in the dry cleaners so they are washed after every use so there not dirty. I don't think the wfp leaves any marks tbh though.
Says the man who does glass only and doesn't wipe the suds away from the lower frame and sill

If you had a van mount you could afford to take more time and rinse more thoroughly
But I don't need to rinse more thoroughly, my work is as good as it can be, I rarely get any complaints and when I do it's not the cleaning it's usually something wrong with glass like when the lead has lost its coating, I can't remember the last complaint I've had about the actual cleaning, or should I say something that I can fix via cleaning better.

How many on here wipe the sills with a microfibre? When you leave them wet then bits can stick to the water and dry stuck on the sills. Is that 100% perfect? I don't have that problem as I dry the sills off, is that someone who is not trying to achieve perfection? But even though I try and achieve as good as possible I don't go about saying it's 100% as I know it's can't ever be 100%, it's more of a case of how close you can get it to 100%.

I think people are confusing with not rinsing as being shoddy, inferior...etc... it's not, it's getting the same results as rinsing off the glass but rinsing on the glass.

And just to add to your point about the van mount, I've looked at my work and I don't believe it would speed up my work on the whole, some jobs it would, others it would be a pain in the backside. The trolley allows for access to awkward to get to properties and I make good money from them. I'm always looking to speed up but I think I've pretty much got it nailed, my technique has slightly altered recently and it's saving me a few minutes off each job, my hourly rate is £45+ all the time now, not up and down and it's actually more like £50+ and peaks at £60 all without complaints so I'm happy with that, I realise some will be on more like £70+ per hour but I can't hit those sort of rates until I'm even more established with the work being more compacted and being able to drop jobs that don't suit the working day.

Last edited:
Says the man who does glass only and doesn't wipe the suds away from the lower frame and sill

What has that got to do with the original comment you clown. You still not informing customers of what you could potentially do with there bank accounts using go cardless .?

What has that got to do with the original comment you clown. You still not informing customers of what you could potentially do with there bank accounts using go cardless .?
? I thought there was only one attention seeking Irn Bru swigging person on here but these past few days I think you've took the crown

Again, what relevance did your post have to the original comment ? And j don't drink irn bru.
You leave the windows a mess when trad, you've admitted it in the past as apparently that's how things get done in your neck of the woods,

A window isn't just the glass it's the entire unit glass, frame and sill.

Leaving a troll comment then accusing people of attention seeking. I blame the schools.
Just saying how it is! But I'll not mention the flag pole and union flag you've put up and post you felt you needed to put on here saying you'll have your van burnt.

Your secret is safe with me ?

Just saying how it is! But I'll not mention the flag pole and union flag you've put up and post you felt you needed to put on here saying you'll have your van burnt.

Your secret is safe with me ?

And what has the flag pole got to do with your original comment?. Answer the my original question without deflecting away from it. For someone who's an admin, you really should be setting am example and following the boards own rules regarding trolling. It's not meant to be allowed, then after trolling try calling someone an attention seeker. You don't do irony do you.

And what has the flag pole got to do with your original comment?. Answer the my original question without deflecting away from it. For someone who's an admin, you really should be setting am example and following the boards own rules regarding trolling. It's not meant to be allowed, then after trolling try calling someone an attention seeker. You don't do irony do you.
I replied at 1.09pm maybe you missed it.

As for trolling I don't think so, if you can't take a bit of leg pulling then just ignore me, all I have stated on the whole is facts bar the big of leg pulling.

I replied at 1.09pm maybe you missed it.

As for trolling I don't think so, if you can't take a bit of leg pulling then just ignore meall I have stated on the whole is facts bar the big of leg pulling.

There's no marks on the windows, it's either wooden or pvc the suds are left on, original comment was talking about marks left on the glass, if I had to wipe the suds away then I would, its not some sort of skill that you need to master, a monkey could do it, extra work which would make it impossible to get round what I currently have.

There's no marks on the windows, it's either wooden or pvc the suds are left on, original comment was talking about marks left on the glass, if I had to wipe the suds away then I would, its not some sort of skill that you need to master, a monkey could do it, extra work which would make it impossible to get round what I currently have.
I rest my case :sleep:

Latest Posts

Back