Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Nocking doors this time off year.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Luke97

How do use guys get on with nocking  doors for new custys this time of year ? thinking about going out next few days I have some spare time 

No experience but from what I have read you need to be very careful that people aren't just getting a one off as Christmas is coming!!! So maybe make sure you charge a first clean fee!

Yes, go for it??

If your not knocking somebody else will be?

Theres always a reason not to do something. The people that do it anyway are the people that are successful. 

Last edited by a moderator:
How do use guys get on with nocking  doors for new custys this time of year ? thinking about going out next few days I have some spare time 
There's not really any set Standard or pattern geographically varies 

It's Christmas so theoretically everyone is skint 

Different regions Different levels of affluence & poverty 

That's just my opinion 

Last edited by a moderator:
Go for it. You might have some messers, I started this time last year with the mindset that if I was able to pick customers up, they would still be there next Christmas whereas you don't necessarily have the same guarantee with custys you pick up in spring and summer.

Go for it. You might have some messers, I started this time last year with the mindset that if I was able to pick customers up, they would still be there next Christmas whereas you don't necessarily have the same guarantee with custys you pick up in spring and summer.
have you found that those custy you picked up last December are still with you?

Last month or so i have done approx 12-14 hours in total canvassing.

Nearly all the customers were large detached houses (4-6 bed type)

Only a few small terraces despite spending most of that time in areas with lots of small homes.

So just my experience but lately its all big houses.

You ll get the one off  Xmas cleans but who cares?if you need the work do it....

I have some spare time this week but the last thing I'll be doing is knocking on doors looking for more work.....?

@dazmond only had one tight one out of them cancel after one clean did point out the text saying cancelling is x2 the clean rate. 

I had a feeling this one was a timewaster when it asked for a one off i then said 8 weekly is the longest time i do and do one offs, text to agree to our terms we texted them. They tried but did point out they agreed to the terms and expect a day in county court if i didnt receive payment.

Back