Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Not confident enough on ladders, anyone take me out for a day (will help for free)?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If your scared of heights yes agree a ladder can be daunting. But people have been using ladders for years & will continue using them. Get someone to foot it first for the 1st few times then gradually go up yourself with someone standing there. On the saftey side don't take chances. If its gonna take an extra 5-10 mins to do the job because you gotta fit this or that then do it. There's plenty of accsesories out there for ladder saftey. Usually the accidents happen coz we've taken a chance. I slipped on decking once. Never again. I got the right tool to stop me slipping. To many people knock ladders & say there dangerous but used properly there fine. Just don't take chance.

Sorry to hear of your fall but just goes to show how even a wall slide can injure someone quite badly.I was lucky with the one I had but that was enough for me to either pack it in or buy kit to stop it ever happening again. Hence why I use an ankalad now as I just don't trust any other so say ladder safety devices.

Myself I would rather take a bit longer setting up a ladder with an ankalad fitted than take a chance now . For roofline work without using a microlite standoff that can rest on roof tiles as well I would have also packed in gutter clearing etc for sure.

Sorry to hear of your fall but just goes to show how even a wall slide can injure someone quite badly.

I was lucky with the one I had but that was enough for me to either pack it in or buy kit to stop it ever happening again. Hence why I use an ankalad now as I just don't trust any other so say ladder safety devices.

Myself I would rather take a bit longer setting up a ladder with an ankalad fitted than take a chance now . For roofline work without using a mirolite standoff that can rest on roof tiles as well I would have also packed in gutter clearing etc for sure.

Many experienced trad cleaners after they get a wakeup call use wfp now too.
im a slow learner I fell 3 times then went wfp

I fell once about 10 years ago and landed on my back

2 weeks off and a fractured coxyx

The hardest part is getting back up a ladder after

Recently started using smurfs setup on recommendation

It is 99.9% safer but you have to not get complacent as nothing is 100%

If in doubt leave that window out or trad pole it

Better a dodgy finish than a funeral

I had a fall once (one of a few) when my ladders slipped away on very dry grass, it was in a drought time. My ladders were up at a gutter, and I was leaning over a small sloping roof to get to the first floor bedroom window, so not high. On my way down I took the gutter and crashed onto some flower pots. Worst hurt was my foot and arm. I laugh now when I think of it, because I hadn't finished the window, so went straight back up and did it, before going home. What a professional.

slippy grab your balls and say im gonna do it **** it. (FEAR is false evidence appearing real. charge on through it like a winner my son. I fell of many a roofs
post off the week so funny

give this guy golden star

I'm in nowrich you can come with me for a day if you want, would be a pleasure to teach ya what you need to no. Been window cleaning for more than 10 years now!
Thanks. Send me your email and phone number and if I am in that area will be in touch.

If you're not confident to go on a ladder, you shouldnt untill you gain some confidence. I've got quite a few people working for the company I work for and they're on the ladder with shakey leggs, its really dangerous in my opinion.

Start off with a pointer and work your way up is what I would say? Hopefully this is usefull, dont want anyone hurting themselves.

You only gain confidence by doing it

Just need to be carefull, sensible and take your time

Back