Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Not confident enough on ladders, anyone take me out for a day (will help for free)?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I clean like wagga does in the first style on that vid whenever possible

Not as fast as him (i can but would make lots of mistakes )

But it does speed me up on connys etc

Or learn loads of bad habbits from old school like frank the @daveyboy1 perhaps /emoticons/biggrin.png

Or learn loads of bad habbits from old school like frank the @daveyboy1 perhaps /emoticons/biggrin.png
Don't bring me into this

Ooh betty it's frank you gotta watch

hmmmm now hes one to watch that windy in coronation street....what a style...

I do remember all those years ago being scared the first climb of a ladder....now I can sleep on one...and sometimes do...well sort of hanging stretching type of sleep...

I also remember my brother running up to show off and my dad had to go up and get him down...

I want to get a pair of those vanishing net curtains too. One min you see them next min you don't /emoticons/biggrin.png

I am an ok traditional window cleaner but have stuck to bungalows as I haven't had practice on ladders, anyone take me out (will work for free of course in exchange)!
slippy grab your balls and say im gonna do it **** it. (FEAR is false evidence appearing real. charge on through it like a winner my son. I fell of many a roofs

wtf that was so funny I pmsl :laugh:

slippy grab your balls and say im gonna do it **** it. (FEAR is false evidence appearing real. charge on through it like a winner my son. I fell of many a roofs

I'm in nowrich you can come with me for a day if you want, would be a pleasure to teach ya what you need to no. Been window cleaning for more than 10 years now!

It's safety all the way for me. In oct last yr,I made the mistake of positioning my ladders on decking-it wasn't even wet. I got to the 1st floor window - CRASH!!! The feet slid out from the wall and I went from 18ft - ground in a nano second. It happened so quick I landed face down with my feet still on the rungs and my hands still holding the stiles. Lethal stuff even when dry. I dislocated,chipped and fractured my shoulder in 4 places. I had rotator cuff and muscle damage and other stuff, 11 separate injuries on 1 shoulder. I have since moved over to the dark side and now using a wfp trolley for the first time this week after a 3 month lay-off. I have houses where I need to climb on a flat roof to do windows bit I'm getting an ankalad . This is coming from someone who was very confident on a ladder. Think safety, sod speed.

Sorry to hear of your fall but just goes to show how even a wall slide can injure someone quite badly.

I was lucky with the one I had but that was enough for me to either pack it in or buy kit to stop it ever happening again. Hence why I use an ankalad now as I just don't trust any other so say ladder safety devices.

Myself I would rather take a bit longer setting up a ladder with an ankalad fitted than take a chance now . For roofline work without using a microlite standoff that can rest on roof tiles as well I would have also packed in gutter clearing etc for sure.

Sorry to hear of your fall but just goes to show how even a wall slide can injure someone quite badly.

I was lucky with the one I had but that was enough for me to either pack it in or buy kit to stop it ever happening again. Hence why I use an ankalad now as I just don't trust any other so say ladder safety devices.

Myself I would rather take a bit longer setting up a ladder with an ankalad fitted than take a chance now . For roofline work without using a mirolite standoff that can rest on roof tiles as well I would have also packed in gutter clearing etc for sure.

Many experienced trad cleaners after they get a wakeup call use wfp now too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a gutter clean booked in which I'm now dreading the thought of. Think I'll have a look at that microliter standoff. Either that or take a mate to foot that evil aluminum thing.

Back