Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Work explosion!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Damo

Up until the last few days, work has been a steady stream of enquiries.

Now work has literally exploded!

I think in one day 12 jobs came in.

I had lost a deep clean on a conny a few weeks back. Now he has changed his mind as a competitor RECOMMENED they use us! What's that about lol.

What's happening in your areas guys?

My time hop on Facebook was the same deal 3 years ago lol. Busy busy.

I don't understand why but i am the same at the mo Damo

Would have to be the week before i go to alicante for a week and trying to do half that weeks work before i go..i fly thursday but want to get Friday's work done by then

See what I mean. I think I did twig it was linked to school teachers. Quite a few jobs we have done are teachers.

Lucky you mate. Once work is on cleaner planner. Then I will book a holiday. Will be easier to do with certain work.

When you get really busy. You get chains round your neck with this job. Taking on weekly shops etc is a nightmare if you can't cover them.

View attachment 5091

not a lot happening in my area but....

today got a fifty quid gfclean next month...and then

six vents to clean fifty quid eventually, so today was very good for someone that dodges work...

and came back to a text to sub clean for a cleaning company who I thought didnt want me anymore...so early start monday and a lot of work..

dont know how Im going to get on with cleaning them vent things they are the type that look like dove cotes stuck on the roof but over a very long distance..poor banana is going to make me moan...

still thats in the future....and its all money./emoticons/biggrin.png

one thing for certain...cheapie loves this weather...just right for me...

My phone is gloeing rigth now too, sat in the weekend ordring flyers as its been slow last couple of months, boom phone rings of the hook since monday, nice /emoticons/biggrin.png

Well its not stopping. Decided to send numbers to voice mail from 6pm to 9am.

Tomorrow is always fun! Everyone who goes on www usually says "i must ring them monday!"

where do all these calls come from?

i get next to none for windows/connys and gutters, couple a month tops

i get a steady call or two every week or so for car valeting from my website but not really interested in that.

getting a new window cleaning site build maybe that will help, or maybe i just need more custies for the old word of mouth effect

Mostly from website.

I think maybe 2-4 have been recommendations. I usually track it all but that went out the window lol.

Leaflets have dried up for me. I put out loads and loads and not gone one call.

where do all these calls come from?i get next to none for windows/connys and gutters, couple a month tops

i get a steady call or two every week or so for car valeting from my website but not really interested in that.

getting a new window cleaning site build maybe that will help, or maybe i just need more custies for the old word of mouth effect
A good rule of thumb i have heard from other windies is, that when you hit 100 regulars aprrox you are to so many people that the worth of mouth is really working, gotta say it fits good got steady calls for 2 weeks now and got 103 regulars at the moment.

Hate it when someone rings for a quote while I'm working. Turn tap off, rest pole, fumble for phone, answer phone and try and be cheerful :rolleyes:, fumble for pen, fumble for paper to write on and then try and work out when I can manage to quote :confused:

Utter ball ache new work is>/emoticons/sad.png(

Hate it when someone rings for a quote while I'm working. Turn tap off, rest pole, fumble for phone, answer phone and try and be cheerful :rolleyes:, fumble for pen, fumble for paper to write on and then try and work out when I can manage to quote :confused:
Utter ball ache new work is>/emoticons/sad.png(
ha, exactly the same process i follow except i get excited

I always ask for customers to text through their 1st name & address and say that I will get back in contact with a date & time to pop over, quote and hopefully clean.

Customers don't seem to mind doing texting and understand that it's mainly cause I'm working at the time of the call.......even if I'm not that busy.......I just prefer texts with details.

I had 2 calls today. .normally not a problem bit i feel ready for the knackers yard today as been out since 8 with 3 days till i go to spain for a week but trying to get that weeks work done this week and the last 2 days of next week so i am not behind..thank god for wfp..house that used to take an hour nearly with big conny..22 minutes today:cool:

And it was a proper thorough job

Thats from today!

Just had a job confirmed i quoted last month as well.

I finished cleaning at 6.40pm today and just finished for the night on work.

Be a window cleaner they said, it would be fun they said!

View attachment 5100

Thats from today!
Just had a job confirmed i quoted last month as well.

I finished cleaning at 6.40pm today and just finished for the night on work.

Be a window cleaner they said, it would be fun they said!
Like it Damo, but when is enough enough?

I have heard people slate him in the past..nice to hear he is ok..thought about it once upon a time but did alright on my own in the end

Used him 2 years running.

One of the best in the biz.

You will hear good and bad about everyone.

Problem for me is when you start doing XXX per day. Day in, day out. By the time you are sorted for tomorrow. I wouldn't have time to knock doors.

Latest Posts

Back