Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump control

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Peter Davenport

Hello folks,

I introduced myself last week and now I'm looking to pick your brains!!

I've got a 250ltr Brodex set up in my van and tomorrow I should be taking delivery of one of these snazzy little hot water heaters http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Useful-Portable-6L-LPG-Propane-Gas-Tankless-Instant-Hot-Water-Heater-Boiler-/151867918138?hash=item235c08873a:g:0McAAOSwAYtWMyZe

M only worry is that when my pole gets disconnected I've noticed that my pump keeps running and I can feel the pressure building in the hose until I reconnect my pole. Not sure this is a good thing!

So, my question is, is there something I can buy that will cut out the pump when the pressure builds?? Then I can get a tap at the pole end and I can turn the bugger off between houses!!!

Here's a pic of my pump if it helps :)

View media item 23
Thanks

View attachment 5629

View attachment 5630

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
What do you mean by disconnecting your pole, also, do you use a controller?
Well, by disconnecting I mean when I'm pulling it along and it snags and the connector comes apart!!!

Controller??? No. My pump switches on/off at the pump and that's it. That's what I'm looking for, something other than an on/off switch that will knock it off when water isn't required such as between properties.

I'd get a Shurflo pump and a Spring controller personally with a tap on your pole. When you turn the water off the controller will tell the pump to stop. That's what you are wanting I guess?

I'd get a Shurflo pump and a Spring controller personally with a tap on your pole. When you turn the water off the controller will tell the pump to stop. That's what you are wanting I guess?
That's exactly what I want, thanks

Hang on a minute, there is a controller in your pic. Have you tried to see if it works?
IS THERE???? Well **** me (stands back in amazement!!!/emoticons/smile.png)

Do you mean on the right, the black plate??

That has a **** that turns the flow up/down and by pressing it it turns the flow on/off but, if I disconnect my pole so that the water has nowhere to go, the pump keeps pumping!!!

IS THERE???? Well **** me (stands back in amazement!!!/emoticons/smile.png)Do you mean on the right, the black plate??

That has a **** that turns the flow up/down and by pressing it it turns the flow on/off but, if I disconnect my pole so that the water has nowhere to go, the pump keeps pumping!!!
Asterisk bonkers around here!!!! ****!! and ***

IS THERE???? Well **** me (stands back in amazement!!!/emoticons/smile.png)Do you mean on the right, the black plate??

Does the pump keep pumping if you turn the k *** to off?

Does the pump keep pumping if you turn the k *** to off?
Err? Yes?? If I turn the **** all the way anticlockwise it reduces the flow to virtually nothing. If I turn it all the way clockwise I get a flow like a racehorse!!!!

What I want is something that cuts out the pump if the flow gets blocked by a tap at the end of my pole?

The controller should do that
Well it doesn't. Well, it might but not very quickly and I'm a bit dubious about just leaving it running to see if it stops. I kind of expect it to stop within a couple of seconds as opposed to minutes!!!!

Back