Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Red flag customer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It is a waste of time cleaning them in that kind of winds, there's no way the windows will be clean if you do them in storm weather's.
We work in all weather within reason , if it’s 80 mph winds and horizontal sea spray we don’t work , if it’s just normal rain and 25 mph winds we do work . We are reasonable with what we do and don’t get ones saying leave it have weeded that type of customers out over the years

When I had this years ago, the woman said please don’t do the windows if it’s raining or looks like rain……….. I never went back?
No difference if you clean them in the rain or it rains straight after?‍♂️ Or the next day!

, if it’s just normal rain and 25 mph winds we do work
Surely with rain and combined winds of 25mph it will be lashing against the windows and you and your lads will end up soaking wet and miserable also what's normal rain?

I work in the rain but if the wind is up and rain is lashing against the windows it's a no from me

Surely with rain and combined winds of 25mph it will be lashing against the windows and you and your lads will end up soaking wet and miserable also what's normal rain?

I work in the rain but if the wind is up and rain is lashing against the windows it's a no from me
It’s very unusual for us to not have wind at all depends which way it’s blowing sometimes the rain is blown against the windows but this doesn’t usually cause any issues unless it’s on the coast and salty . We will try to avoid this by juggling work around but customers understand that at times it will be raining in 25 years only been called back to a handful of buildings with weather related problems, commercial customers don’t worry as the jobs are done on pre arranged dates regardless of weather if it’s safe to work they are done .

When I had this years ago, the woman said please don’t do the windows if it’s raining or looks like rain……….. I never went back?
No difference if you clean them in the rain or it rains straight after?‍♂️ Or the next day!
And you have removed the previous 4 weeks dirt as well so don’t see why they should have a problem

But the rain will only hit one side, depending on wind direction. We regularly do 3 floor jobs with 20mph winds in rain and our customers, on the road, love to complain given half a chance.
We worked last week in bad conditions, cleaned circa 600 flats, and got no complaints.

But the rain will only hit one side, depending on wind direction. We regularly do 3 floor jobs with 20mph winds in rain and our customers, on the road, love to complain given half a chance.
We worked last week in bad conditions, cleaned circa 600 flats, and got no complaints.
Commercial though mate so somewhat different to myself

when cleaning them last week in that storm the windows would have been dirty the following day, You know yourself they wont be clean, turning up in a storm where the customer wont see any benefit of the service you provide is pointless.

Had one last week very rare for me, I wouldn’t be going back needed a cull of clients anyway lol.

I thought home owners have a duty of care aswell for peoples safety working at there property ?. If its to windy and the pole gets caught with the wind and injures someone coming into the property then surely if the home owner can be liable then the home owner is being responsible telling someone to not do it in storm conditions
Or maybe you are frightened of maxing out that credit card of yours :unsure:

I thought home owners have a duty of care aswell for peoples safety working at there property ?. If its to windy and the pole gets caught with the wind and injures someone coming into the property then surely if the home owner can be liable then the home owner is being responsible telling someone to not do it in storm conditions
What’s with this working in storm force weather I don’t think anyone has suggested that . Quite often the forcast is wrong and it’s perfectly safe to work , no one is going to work in 100mph winds but even the HSE recognise that wfp up to 25 miles per hour is fine , obviously you need to risk assess each job as some might not be safe .

"Young man (that was a fib) I pay you to keep my windows clean, not clean them when they are dirty."
I knew I wasn't far off, the way I wrote it before works for me though people should expect us to work in inclement weather and 99.9 of customers do and the windows will inevitably get dirty after we've been, otherwise we wouldn't be window cleaners

What’s with this working in storm force weather I don’t think anyone has suggested that . Quite often the forcast is wrong and it’s perfectly safe to work , no one is going to work in 100mph winds but even the HSE recognise that wfp up to 25 miles per hour is fine , obviously you need to risk assess each job as some might not be safe .

I’m not sure what it was like down south last week, but it was well over 25mph here last week. i get people have to make money and they have a schedule, but if its weather where the customer isn’t seeing any benefit of the Job your doing that day because of the weather your working in, then its pointless

I’m not sure what it was like down south last week, but it was well over 25mph here last week. i get people have to make money and they have a schedule, but if its weather where the customer isn’t seeing any benefit of the Job your doing that day because of the weather your working in, then its pointless
I agree has to be some respect for the customer. Tbh if ur desperate for the ££ go ahead, fortunately I'm not so would rather not work & get soaked. Did a conservatory roof on Tuesday took 2hrs thought I would be okay as light rain but as it was windy was absolutely soaked. Would of not wanted to do all day

Latest Posts

Back