Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Red flag customer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

W
I agree has to be some respect for the customer. Tbh if ur desperate for the ££ go ahead, fortunately I'm not so would rather not work & get soaked. Did a conservatory roof on Tuesday took 2hrs thought I would be okay as light rain but as it was windy was absolutely soaked. Would of not wanted to do all day
Decent waterproofs are the answer, I worked in light to heavy rain before Xmas all day not a single customer batted an eyelid all nice houses and plenty of money and they appreciate I work in almost all weather's

There will be certain days I won't work, most likely I could have worked all day on Tuesday, customers were all at work, bad weather 1 hour or one day or week after they will get dirty,

I might own clean my own windows every 6-8 weeks there ain't much difference at all, if you let stuff get inside your head it will and you'll sit at home when you could be earning

I’m not sure what it was like down south last week, but it was well over 25mph here last week. i get people have to make money and they have a schedule, but if its weather where the customer isn’t seeing any benefit of the Job your doing that day because of the weather your working in, then its pointless
As I keep saying at the quoting stage we stress that we work in all weathers within reason , and 12 months a year ,if they hesitate then they don’t get taken on ,we make the call as to what is reasonable but can’t remember the last time anyone complained out of over 4,500 cleans per month obviously we use discretion and aren’t stupid . Most commercial hotels we do insist it’s done and it’s been us saying it’s not safe to do due to wind speed ,and theses are monthly jobs sometimes we are doing them weekly when the weather is bad as there customers complain if they can’t see out of the windows , on a couple of jobs we even do the bars and restaurants daily when it’s rough as the jobs are less than 100 meters from the sea .

Latest Posts

Back