Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Son put off window cleaning by bin man LOL

WCF

Help Support WCF:

There does seem to be a stigma about us windies

Probably down to the beer money windies undercutting everyone else and then signing on

I've done 110 quid already today and got a fsg to do now

Who is the one working all hours for nowt..not me lol

I'll be doing close to a grand this week, but that's with some pressure washing and a gutter job thrown in.

When I told my old dear I'm planning to leave my job to be a window cleaner she said "Why? You haven't got a criminal record?" :laugh::laugh:

Some old dear walked past me last week and whispered in my ear "poor you what an awful job" lol. Sure it was cold and I was on a road cleaning over hanging windows with water dripping on my face, but that jobs earns me £60 every 5 weeks for less than 2 hours work so I'll take a bit of cold water on my face for that ;-) Plus every other time its been hot and refreshing! Haha.

There are good days and bad days though as with any job, today is one of "those" days! Its taken me nearly all day to earn the same amount grrr

Phew not just me then! Although you can smile knowing you earn 10x that in a day from pressure washing /emoticons/biggrin.png For me gutter clearing has easily been my best per hour earner so far.. Connie roofs on the other hand :mad:

Quick question for you @daveyboy1 I'm doing a gutter above a flat roof of a garage that goes into an extension, so its the full length of the house, I'm guessing these are pretty much OK to stand on if you stick to joists etc but I'm not 100% sure if I will need a ladder to reach the gutter, bit worried this is going to be a lot of weight (ahem) on a very small area if I climb a ladder on top of it, am I right?

If smurf was here he'd tell me off

Standing on a sloped tile roof while wfp'ing the gutters and water going all over where i am standing

I wouldn't recommend it but being an ex roofer i can balance quite well:whistle:

The flat roof in the pic with the ladder in i climbed up then pulled the ladder up to reach the gutter

If it is a proper roof with stones etc it should be a decent sturdy one

I am about 17 stone and have no problems

Extensions should be built to standard which will be ok for anyone who can manage to climb a ladder..30st maybe not but we'll be ok

Have two ladders, will just carry the light one up with me, I was going to lie it flat and stand on the rungs to spread the weight, but looking at it on google maps again not sure I will reach it without putting the ladder up on the roof.

Was just concerned that is a lot of weight on the ladders small feet.

The gutter is over the extension so i wouldn't worry

If it was over the canopy maybe not as I'm not sure what standard they need to be nowadays

That should be really solid

If you are worried get a plank just long enough to put the legs on to spread the weight or a piece of mdf

I wouldn't worry though if it was me

It has a skylight in it so must be a decent roof unless build by cowboys

Same as the extension i reckon

Once you get up there see how it feels

Don't risk your health bud but it should be good

I have a harris pole with adjustable crank and optiloc cone on the end which takes the pro gutter tools

If ever I'm not sure i drag it to the point i can safely take the muck out

Have even done it from the ground over iffy bits using the adjustable angle crank

Latest Posts

Back