Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stupid people who park on pipe

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mattlekim

Ok so I'm cleaning the back of a house and come round the front to this. I really am fed up with customers or just strangers parking on or over the pipe!

I go out of my way to make sure that it's not in people's way but this still happens regularly!

Anyway rant over just got to go and try and get them to move the car.

1583925183338619243840224959342.jpg

Ok so I'm cleaning the back of a house and come round the front to this. I really am fed up with customers or just strangers parking on or over the pipe!

I go out of my way to make sure that it's not in people's way but this still happens regularly!

Anyway rant over just got to go and try and get them to move the car.

View attachment 19640
This happens frequently on my round near a school with lardy parents who won't walk round the corner to pick their sprogs up so just abandon their cars half on the pavement and when you tell them they just look at you bewildered. 

This happens frequently on my round near a school with lardy parents who won't walk round the corner to pick their sprogs up so just abandon their cars half on the pavement and when you tell them they just look at you bewildered. 
As if we don't have better things to do than wait around for them to come back and move there car!

Seriously iv lost so much time waiting before.

As if we don't have better things to do than wait around for them to come back and move there car!

Seriously iv lost so much time waiting before.
Had people run over and sometimes trap the hose between the wheels meaning I have to unplug my pole hose and thread it under the car but never actually ontop of the hose itself. If they did though I’d just get my jack out and free it myself, sod waitin. 

Also they may think your just as stupid for leaving trailing hoses. 

I've had this happen in the past mostly, but I am more aware now, ensuring i run the hose up the edge of custys driveway if running along a road on a quite housing estate either ensuring its well away from the kerb or on the path depending on the jobs, I find it's women that are the worst despite doing the above and have still had them with a car tyre completely over the hose 

Had one just last week I was doing  a job a 5 doors down from the van, cleaning away at the back of a house and the water slows to a trickle, so I have to walk over 50m to find someone with a small driveway and a big suv with one wheel on the hose, she would have clearly seen she had parked on the hose, but went off into the house, thankfully her mother was in the car and said she was really sorry and it would be moved in a minute, lack of consideration or respect all in all. 

One of my customers done this while I was working on the house next to his. He left for a run with the dog  and then I noticed. I checked his car to see if it was open and let the handbrake off and moved it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Only happened to me once...parcel delivery driver (tut - worst drivers than BMW's ?) 'parking in the middle of the road in an empty cul de sac - "Oi you numpty - move it" sorted...?

I like to run my hose along the gutter below the kerb - nice and snug in the corner - never had anyone park on it to date (even when doing jobs in the high street) it also keeps it off the pavement so minimises the trip hazard - I'd recommend it ? 

Only happened to me once...parcel delivery driver (tut - worst drivers than BMW's ?) 'parking in the middle of the road in an empty cul de sac - "Oi you numpty - move it" sorted...?

I like to run my hose along the gutter below the kerb - nice and snug in the corner - never had anyone park on it to date (even when doing jobs in the high street) it also keeps it off the pavement so minimises the trip hazard - I'd recommend it ? 
I used to do this but twice people parked right up to curb and I could get it out.

Aint had no park on pipe, but couple weeks back had someone watch me driving along, normal speed etc in town, and just as i got near his road, pulled right out in front of me! I was totally gobsmacked. lucky enough i was fully alert. But there really are some strange drivers out there. As we know, a lot of them aint even got a license.

What's worse a friend of mine had someone drive over his pole! The pipe got stuck. He put it down to free the pipe and they wound'nt wait and drove over it!
Was that my pole Mat? ? He did slow down and drive over the pole very slowly and carefully... Snapped brush head in half and crushed pole section.

Had some one drive over one! Had to bend it back to shape. Lol
What, your trolley?

Latest Posts

Back