Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

targets

WCF

Help Support WCF:

No target setting in my day. We start at 8, work til when I say I've had enough, usually around half 3 or 4ish. We half elevenses' at, er, 11, which is about 20 mins and half an hour around half one.We work hard, but don't race about as I want to enjoy my day and come home not knackered.

Mind you, my trusty worker is leaving this week, so until I sell off some of my round, I might have to put my foot down /emoticons/smile.png

@steve garwood on the subject of working with an employee would you say its an easier day having someone to help? also do you think its more profitable to work alone or with 1 employee?

thanks

@steve garwood on the subject of working with an employee would you say its an easier day having someone to help? also do you think its more profitable to work alone or with 1 employee?
thanks
I have a worker and last week he was off a day and I couldn't get motivated at all. I worked on my own for ages but being used to the company and having the drive to crack on to pay his wages makes a difference for me. Definitely easier

I have a worker and last week he was off a day and I couldn't get motivated at all. I worked on my own for ages but being used to the company and having the drive to crack on to pay his wages makes a difference for me. Definitely easier

Was just pondering it earlier. I do suffer a bit with motivation. It's great having the freedom of being self employed but can be hard to push yourself to do more especially if you have already hit your target for the day and dont have much drive to push on. Maybe im just a lazy basted though.

My target at the minute is to leave my full time job and get on the windows with my dad. I do the odd jobs on Saturdays at the minute. We started this year and are now around 100 customers away from me leaving and going full time on the windows with my old man.

My targets done on houses. If i got 25 to do in a day i wont stop until in at 15 then see where i am alway aim to be home by 3 to pick my boy up from school
Crikey, 25 houses in a day Clisty1989, !!!!! do you work with a partner or more, or is this just you ? I work alone and struggle to get through more than 15 houses a day and I am going sum. The round is a little bit spread out but not that far. Apart from one row of 5 that I do, I rarely have a couple of houses together and I suppose that is the issue. I don't think that I am spending too much time on each house...about 20/25 mins ish on a regular 4/5 bed detached but maybe I am. The thread has certainly made me think about it and for that I appreciate it.

Are you trad or wfp @jack b ?Trad is slower but i can still do over 20 a day if i needed to trad all day
I am wfp. Starting about 8am when the custys don't mind..20 mins for lunch if poss and then try to get back at the house for 4pm ..then refill tank, admin for 20 mins and flake out. Same drill 5 days. Maybe I am spending too much time at each house, but it doesn't feel like it at the time. There is no chit chat with custys as most are not in. Must be to do with the distance between calls and unloading and reloading van I suppose. Its starting to get into my head though!

Crikey, 25 houses in a day Clisty1989, !!!!! do you work with a partner or more, or is this just you ? I work alone and struggle to get through more than 15 houses a day and I am going sum. The round is a little bit spread out but not that far. Apart from one row of 5 that I do, I rarely have a couple of houses together and I suppose that is the issue. I don't think that I am spending too much time on each house...about 20/25 mins ish on a regular 4/5 bed detached but maybe I am. The thread has certainly made me think about it and for that I appreciate it.
Small 2 bed council houses, got one day of them. All within about a square mile, takes me less than 10 mins a house. 2 top windows and 4/5 downstairs, including doors.

thanks
Its more profitable with an employee.

As for the day being more enjoyable, personally no. I like it when martin has time off. I'm music mad so have my pocket radio on all day.

He has left now to do an electricians course and i will be working alone most days except when my son is off college, then he will be with me.

I'm not bothered about the money side of things. We recently paid our last installment of our mortgage, we both earn good wages, so I'm slowing down a bit.

The one thing I like about working alone is that your liberated. If your paying someone a full days wedge, you feel you have to work a full day, where as when I'm on my own, I just pack up when I want

thanks
Its more profitable with an employee.

As for the day being more enjoyable, personally no. I like it when martin has time off. I'm music mad so have my pocket radio on all day.

He has left now to do an electricians course and i will be working alone most days except when my son is off college, then he will be with me.

I'm not bothered about the money side of things. We recently paid our last installment of our mortgage, we both earn good wages, so I'm slowing down a bit.

The one thing I like about working alone is that your liberated. If your paying someone a full days wedge, you feel you have to work a full day, where as when I'm on my own, I just pack up when I want

Its more profitable with an employee.As for the day being more enjoyable, personally no. I like it when martin has time off. I'm music mad so have my pocket radio on all day.

Er, no idea why that posted twice :oops:

My target ain't so big but first 6 months of business and all..was thinking of bumping the daily target up as round grows in proximity. So its ever changing.

Anyway, 110 pound a day min i aim for and am working 6 days a week, sometimes five day weeks if make more that week. Reached this target last week apart from one **** day I couldn't get into momentum, so worked a different day faster to compensate kinda thing

My target is to get the most important jobs done by noon . Get out as early as possible every day . And I like to quit at noon too. Then to the gym ! /emoticons/wink.png

Just second week full time in window cleaning and my target at the moment is to pay my bills and save up a bit to buy an 35 SLX as it will bring in more houses that I cant do with my 25 feet Renegade..

So around 350€ a week atm. I know some here earn that in a day and I will get there too! /emoticons/smile.png

On average I am on 5 houses a day (if lucky) and mostly they are all first cleans and filthy as hell. 3 bed semi can take up to an hour at the moment, but thats because I am good at chitchat /emoticons/biggrin.png and old ladies love it too! Its all about making customers happy so I can get recommended = more jobs coming in with less effort.

Just second week full time in window cleaning and my target at the moment is to pay my bills and save up a bit to buy an 35 SLX as it will bring in more houses that I cant do with my 25 feet Renegade..
So around 350€ a week atm. I know some here earn that in a day and I will get there too! /emoticons/smile.png

On average I am on 5 houses a day (if lucky) and mostly they are all first cleans and filthy as hell. 3 bed semi can take up to an hour at the moment, but thats because I am good at chitchat /emoticons/biggrin.png and old ladies love it too! Its all about making customers happy so I can get recommended = more jobs coming in with less effort.

were abouts r u mate

Its more profitable with an employee.As for the day being more enjoyable, personally no. I like it when martin has time off. I'm music mad so have my pocket radio on all day.

Ok, was just pondering for the future. Was hoping employing might have the opposite effect on me, making me stay out longer lol! find myself getting bored easily...well, ive been employed since i lest school so used to working with others and having to stay till 5 whether i liked it or not.

Was thinking having someone work with me would help but suppose i wont know until i try.

Latest Posts

Back