Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tds

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i know what you are saying, but im happy with how it is, £37 for a years work i happy! lol especially when there are guys spending that and more a month! lol

on the side of the filter it gives a max of 50 and a minimum of 1, but wasn't sure if thats what the vessel can take or what the resin and filter can take.

for you hot water system boys i take it your system heats the water after its been purified and polished?

That will be the max for the bottle.

Mine is heated up on demand. Make pure water at home in static system, transfer to van then turn boiler on and it works just like a combi boiler at home.

i spend about 80 quid every 5 weeks on resin but am gonjna get another vessel when i can afford it.

i always have my water at 000ppm, always change resin when it hits 001ppm..

that way i know 100% thats its not water that causing any spotting,
Same here RC get a panic on if it hits 1 and have to keep pressing the meter button to check it lol

As I am producing 2 - MAX 3ppm after RO the resin never seems to need changing /emoticons/wink.png

Had a problem today wondering if anyone has ever experienced this before? I use an ro and di system and have had 000ppm with this water for about 3 months now. Changed resin today and water would not go down to less than 015 which was the same as what was coming out of the ro. Took my di to the shop I bought the new resin from and they tested it without even changing resin or even position of cartridge inside and it went straight to zero. They even gave me new resin to use and when I gt home it was same issue. It's all in right position set up perfectly the resin is getting g wet and doesn't seem to be getting bypassed. It then went down to 002ppm And now back to 003-004. Really getting on my nerves leaving me u sure wether to fill up my tank or not. All equipment is fine and filters in ro. Any suggestions at all? I know it's a dificult one. An thinking to just buy new housing and cartridge but am scared I will have the same affect for some reason!

Good Shake, let it settle.

Would check that the riser tube that fits into the top of the pressure vessel is well seated as well, if this is not a watertight seal, then some water can exit the system without going through the resin, leading to an increase in tds overall.

it can take a few Litres to settle down as well.

Still running now done about 20litres or so and tds will not budge below 002-003-004 pretty sure all the seals are water tight but not 100% so will check. Oddly the tds only budges from about 15 to 003 when I adapted to position of the di just sat it on top my tank.

I'm really stuck with this one and is driving me crazy but worth a shot to see if anyone could help thanks!

Resin? Used to polish water. Higher PPM the quicker the resin will get saturated.

ppm? Parts Per Million. Basically dissolved Solids 000PM IS pure water 80ish is soft water. My water is 480PPM

di? Cylinder to polish water - Has hozelock type fittings. Water goes in and come out the other side polished to 000 (if resin is knackered PPM rises)

Ro? Reverse Osmosis- Slow process to create nearly pure water. Most RO units make water between 003 - 040

Still running now done about 20litres or so and tds will not budge below 002-003-004 pretty sure all the seals are water tight but not 100% so will check. Oddly the tds only budges from about 15 to 003 when I adapted to position of the di just sat it on top my tank. I'm really stuck with this one and is driving me crazy but worth a shot to see if anyone could help thanks!
Weather could effect it i guess, i doubt it though. I would recheck the filling of it. Good shake up or roll around (mind fittings) dont fill it to high and put a bit of pure water at the top before doing up...

Thanks I'm waiting for my merlin to be delivered this week at the moment I'm useing di only so it ok up to 10 thanks xxxxx lol
ive got a merlin there the nuts!!!!

Did i see someone post up about tds reading of snow? I might check mine out /emoticons/smile.png

Back