Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tds

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Really damo thats mad might have to collect some !!!!
Our rain off the rear roof was about 007PPM but it was about 052ppm until we cleaned all the roof and gutters.

Really damo thats mad might have to collect some !!!!
Our rain off the rear roof was about 007PPM but it was about 052ppm until we cleaned all the roof and gutters.
thats really good , on days off because of the snow it would of been worth shovelling it up and putting it in the tank Lol

Urmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm okay.

Snow is on about a 10 to 1 ratio with water. So to make 100 Litres of water you need an ibc full of snow lol.

I aint that desparate /emoticons/tongue.png

Fresh snow from my garden was tested once thawed to be 10ppm.

My harvested rainwater setup on average works out between 15-30 ish ppm before filtering & polishing to 0ppm compared to my tap water of 350ppm.

Harvested rainwater now contributes to over 70% of my pure water needs so I hardly ever needed to use a ro last year.

Using 1000ltr holding tanks to collect rainwater from my guttering I simply pump the collected rainwater which passes through inline filters & di straight into the van tank at 0ppm. After testing the speed to produce pure like that it just so happened to be quicker than using a 4040 ro. Go figure

The answer to your question might be that the tds meter you are using is knackered or rubbish copy so buy or borrow another one to makes sure it’s ok.

Had a problem today wondering if anyone has ever experienced this before? I use an ro and di system and have had 000ppm with this water for about 3 months now. Changed resin today and water would not go down to less than 015 which was the same as what was coming out of the ro. Took my di to the shop I bought the new resin from and they tested it without even changing resin or even position of cartridge inside and it went straight to zero. They even gave me new resin to use and when I gt home it was same issue. It's all in right position set up perfectly the resin is getting g wet and doesn't seem to be getting bypassed. It then went down to 002ppm And now back to 003-004. Really getting on my nerves leaving me u sure wether to fill up my tank or not. All equipment is fine and filters in ro. Any suggestions at all? I know it's a dificult one. An thinking to just buy new housing and cartridge but am scared I will have the same affect for some reason!
Make sure u fill resin up to the max

Back