Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Big Fish!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bob Nudd's Fishing Academy Tench
mqdefault.jpg

Bugger missed it /emoticons/sad.png I do miss getting on the bank, must get back into it soon, was my life for so many years when I was younger, also the ruin of the bank accounts!! Mostly carp fishing on some very hard waters, loved the challenge back then and had days of paitence, enjoyed been just out there in the wild for days just as much as catching, that was a bouus! Did quite a few sessions in Holland too. I must admit though I was a 'tackle tart' and did have more kit than the SAS haha even a TV!

Bugger missed it /emoticons/sad.png I do miss getting on the bank, must get back into it soon, was my life for so many years when I was younger, also the ruin of the bank accounts!! Mostly carp fishing on some very hard waters, loved the challenge back then and had days of paitence, enjoyed been just out there in the wild for days just as much as catching, that was a bouus! Did quite a few sessions in Holland too. I must admit though I was a 'tackle tart' and did have more kit than the SAS haha even a TV!
samw as m8 im a bit of a tackel tart got me self a browning z12 pole now /emoticons/biggrin.png next mmmmmm cant deside daiwa air!!! maby map 901 !! :cool:

I'd like to get back into it m8, not carping again as just can't commit the time to it and tbf I don't think I'd enjoy it like I used too now it's so popular! Much rather get into pole fishing like your in (getting used to long poles now ha) and a bit of waggler fishing on day tickets and catching allday rather than sitting out for the one big fish. Hopefully another 6 months on building my rounds up I will be able to buy some decent stuff, as currently I could only run to a bamboo rod and a kids net :rofl:

I love to catch them off the top with poppersStill time for a few more weeks before it gets too cold and the deeper lures come in to play

Get out there soon tolish as they are still feeding up ready for winter
whats the best time of day to fish for pike mate?

All day

I prefer to use deeper lures dawn and dusk and go shallow as the water warms up..sometimes they stay deep though so have to play about with depth

Try surface lures anytime as they are drawn to the popping noise as it resembles a struggling fish..stop start stop start as you reel it in

Usually you let pike run with tthe lure before striking but surface lures they will viciously hammer and a lot of the time hook themselves

I reckon we need to organize an annual Windys sea fishing weekend.

All meet up at some coastal town, give the wives some pocket money and tell them to Foxtrot Oscar and jump on a charter boat well loaded with beers and deep sea tackle!

Seriously, if anyone is up for a weekends sea fishing net spring / summer then just say so and i'll start looking into options.

Had two double barbell last week and a 6lb chub.

Fished since I was about 6, had pike over 20, carp over 40 etc, don't do carp much these days as its to much of a circus for me now, this year mainly been going for barbel and perch (after a 4lb perch) mostly drop shotting for those, had quite a few zander on it as well.

Though I now have a freezer full of mackerel, smelt, sprats etc to start my winter pike campaign lol

Thats a cracker @Diwrnach you looked well chuffed with it! What water was that off? My PB carp came from Holland 48lb 1oz common and lake record there stood for years, must dig out a pic, I was 21 with blonde bird **** streaks in my hair I recall :rofl: never came close to that size over here, a mid 20 was a good carp around my waters back then.

Back