Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Big Fish!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have caught several pike when hust flinging a new popper in the water and reeling in to see how it works over the yearsThey love it

Especially now when they are actively feeding up for winter

Plus they love a bit of tailwalking now before they get too fat

Nothing like one aggressively snatching your lure from the surface and then tailwalking round a bit

The heart goes thump a bit then i can tell you
You know you have caught a fish when it tail walks lol especially a big un

That's what i like about using a fly rod

Heavy duty salt water jobbie but still a great fight with little jack pike

It is the way they are built that they can be very delicate at the tip but can bullly a mid-high double out if needed

That's what I've loved about drop shotting really light rod so even a 1lb perch puts up a good scrap, had small pike on it as well a 5lb pike goes well on a ultra light drop shot rod

I have a little unknown brand brook rod i use for perch and proper fly fishing down the local river and a snowbee deep blue 9ft 4 piece saltwater rod for the pike

Love the 4 piece as it fits in any bag or even my jacket if travelling light which i like to do when stalking pike

At the local river and canal where i go i sometimes don't even take a landing net..there are enough spots where i can chin them out instead

The indian guy Ripon on that programme used to work for me at the olympics job

Nice guy actually

Just watching last nights Cuba episode on iPlayer on the BBC

Also just ordered a new light weight Berkley Spinner off eBay for piking. 5-12 grams. /emoticons/smile.png) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171475672974

Love Berkley rods, got my taste for them when living in the US. Such a massive name out there they can supply quality gear at basement prices this will make 7 Berkley rods I have now!! /emoticons/tongue.png Dont tell the wife.!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I thought Rip was gonna get the boot bit I reckon his coarse fishing knowledge saved him in the rubber ring sea fishing challenge

Nobody else thought of testing the depth and finding the rocks

Looks nice

Not bad price either

I grew up canoeing and sailing etc and am hold a provisional canoe/kayak instructors qualification from years ago

I could see myself doing that

Result of a weekend on the fishing and I haven't even cast a rod! /emoticons/smile.png)

Won a brand new Shimano Exage travel fly rod on ebay yesterday for just £27

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-new-Shimnao-exage-travel-fly-rod-/272021082369?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=%252B872yBjVRmqA%252F0isgykpFrb1hC4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Today I scored a couple spools of new Daiwa Sensor 18lb mono which I use as my leader attached to my braids for lure fishing for just £1 each at the car boot sale this morning. /emoticons/smile.png)

Finally tonights Big Fish is coming from Laos which the Mrs and I have on a short list for 2017! /emoticons/smile.png)

All in all not a bad weekend stocking the tackle bag! /emoticons/smile.png)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That's one fish i never hooked on fly gear

Bet it is a good fight though as barbel are tough fighters

Not lairy enough..I'll get some pics of mine tomorrow. .all bright red white and flouro colours

Got some small fish tonight

Just frying a kilo of fresh sardines for me and the boy..mmmm

Wife having none of it..don't like the heads on

Back