The Dark Side

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Catherine, Jul 21, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Catherine

Catherine Guest

I really dont get it, had two recommendations ( I like it here because your all nice)so somebody runs a two page thread about telesales and then ends up saying, no worries ill go and knock doors and wait for the decision maker (which 50% of the time will not get, due to appointment only, out to lunch, in a meeting) jeeeeezzzzz................. 90% you will not get a decision maker to see you - you can hit lucky sometimes, but it has to planned and strategic, Im off to take some lavender lol
  2. OoO

OoO Guest

I dont get this thread lol :S
  3. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Its ok Damo somebody has started a thread on CIU about gaining commercial stuff, been recommended and then he goes off and says ill knock commercial stuff - thats cool but he wont get the decision maker most of the time - CIU they ask stuff and just dont follow it through
  4. OoO

OoO Guest

Ahhhhhhhhhhh Right gotcha. Another forum. I get you know.
  5. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Its really weird, they post and then dont follow anyones advice, you give them the answer - and then go of on a tangent. Ive beeen getting commercial leads for nearly three years, so you advise and nobody seems to do much, even though they have asked the original question - very ODD
  6. OoO

OoO Guest

I lasted a month on CIU before I left.

Unless you Drive a VW T5 with ionics system and earn £80 an hour min you aint nothing to them lol.
  7. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Damo I think its a mixture of things, you get people on the site asking for this and that, and then dont adhere or do anything based on advice that you give them, its read and ignore. So how do I get commercial work " erm get on the phone" nobody does, and then you get a thread about how do I get commercial work? It really annoys me, so much now Im thinking about dropping the industry..........Know it sounds mean but I cant work with people who are not prepared to try something new, been in this game for 23 years now - you give answers and try and help ..... but nobody listens. An old client of mine obtained a database from me and picked up a 2,600 job a year on his on merit by doing some calls... towel in soon mate I think
  8. OoO

OoO Guest

That's not good :(

Problem is Commercial WC is horrible now.

We DID very little and what we did we soon lost!

I did a place for £40 once a month for 10+ years.

Someone came in at £35 and we got sacked!

I Am interested in Domestic and Semi Deep cleans. More money and more interesting
  9. Catherine

Catherine Guest

10. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

Jun 30, 2013
    ive heard ciu guys allwasy end up arguing in every thread thats why i joind this fourm :Image3: