Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp system advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Exactly, my thinking is the same

It does make me wonder how some manage when the working hours are reduced over the winter, I know a lad who'd happily work till 6pm through Spring into Autumn  but him and lad who helps him out clash the work out and are having to work doubly hard to get through the workload this would really sicken me off working like that.
I'm the same. Stress and madness are not helped by two things. Having too much to do, and too little to do.....there's a nice balance to be had. 

We have a 650l tank in but can't do more then 45 houses without running out.
Some of yours is costal though also depends on the houses connys etc, my best days were I can do 30 houses are on new build estates all straight forward and never very dirty almost devoid of birds so no ? to deal with either 

Some of yours is costal though also depends on the houses connys etc, my best days were I can do 30 houses are on new build estates all straight forward and never very dirty almost devoid of birds so no ? to deal with either 
That run is 3 miles inland and I've counted 5 flats as houses. They are 40 year old 3 & 4 bed semis though so bigger than your new builds.

We never start residential before 8.30, usually 9, and very very rarely work after 3pm

Exactly, my thinking is the same

It does make me wonder how some manage when the working hours are reduced over the winter, I know a lad who'd happily work till 6pm through Spring into Autumn  but him and lad who helps him out clash the work out and are having to work doubly hard to get through the workload this would really sicken me off working like that.
Winter time hours are reduced but 4:30 to 5:0 is still usually doable Evan if it’s a bit dark . 

When you have staff they want to work a full week , but if a sole trader you can choose what hours you want to do , this is why I want to go back to apron my own . 

Do the people with staff still work on the windows?. Guy I used to work for years ago employs 19 guys.  Each guy has a daily quote of 43 to do.  It's mostly council estates so the houses aren't that big.  If you do the 43 in 5 hours that's your shift done.  The owner doesn't work on the windows though.  He picks everyone up,drops them off in his big transit.  Has to go back to give them rags etc.  His main run He takes 13 guys to do.  He has another 3 normal transits where 2 guys go in each and they have there runs to do aswell. Although the bos doesn't clean the windows he runs about stressed all day.

Do the people with staff still work on the windows?. Guy I used to work for years ago employs 19 guys.  Each guy has a daily quote of 43 to do.  It's mostly council estates so the houses aren't that big.  If you do the 43 in 5 hours that's your shift done.  The owner doesn't work on the windows though.  He picks everyone up,drops them off in his big transit.  Has to go back to give them rags etc.  His main run He takes 13 guys to do.  He has another 3 normal transits where 2 guys go in each and they have there runs to do aswell. Although the bos doesn't clean the windows he runs about stressed all day.
Yes I don’t want to be office based Ime a hands on kind of person and like to be out doing the window cleaning not paper work .i only have 5 staff but we work in pairs on each van . 

You wouldn't be able to work till 4 for most of December and January up here. We were in Cambridge for the shortest day and you couldn't do 1st floor after 4pm 
Daylight down hear is better the further north you go the sooner it gets dark a few years ago we went to Scotland for Christmas and it was quite dark by 3 pm . Some days are darker than others but generally we can do 4:30- 5:00 

Yes I don’t want to be office based Ime a hands on kind of person and like to be out doing the window cleaning not paper work .i only have 5 staff but we work in pairs on each van . 
Your still talking having alot of work to keep 5 going.  That person I used to work for must be the biggest domestic in scotland, if he's not hel be very close. He must have around 15 to 18 thousand houses to do on a 4 weekly schedule.

Your still talking having alot of work to keep 5 going.  That person I used to work for must be the biggest domestic in scotland, if he's not hel be very close. He must have around 15 to 18 thousand houses to do on a 4 weekly schedule.
With me it’s a total of 6 and we do get through a lot of work but I could easily find work for al least another 4 guys but don't want to expand further , as a rough estimate I could put a further 2 vans on the road per year from the work I turn down if we got 75% of the enquires. 

With me it’s a total of 6 and we do get through a lot of work but I could easily find work for al least another 4 guys but don't want to expand further , as a rough estimate I could put a further 2 vans on the road per year from the work I turn down if we got 75% of the enquires. 
I assume when you’re cleaning, you’re doing it one handed as you’re on here 15 hours a day ??

I don't have a tank in my van yet i use 25lt barrels, with the barrels i can be pretty accurate with how much water i use per house.

As I've said before I don't have a full round yet, but going with my usage of water i've worked out that i use 20ltrs for a £20 house and 30lts for a £30 ect, So about £1 per litre

I don't get how someone would use 350ltrs by lunchtime In my world with my usage that would be £350! maybe I'm more frugal with my water, i do have a Oneshot remote for the pump which i use between windows as it's instant, so maybe people with 500ltr tanks waste more water!?

Just my observations with how much i use ect.
I usually work 5 or 6 hours a day and use a univalve on my poles,some days I'm nearly out of water in my 500L tank....I think it all depends on your work...maybe I'm cleaning a lot more windows than you in the time frame?flow controller is usually on 40-45...

Back