Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wiping soap away

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Why use scrim to wipe the sills ? Scrim is for detailing round the rubbers if needed then run your squeegee along the sill to get most of the water off then wipe over with your wet cloth/microfibre job done takes seconds.

I run the scrim over it, there's no detailing that gets done round the edges either. You might think it takes seconds but add all that up over a week and itl add alot more time on than you think. That's just how they get done around here, I'm not going to try argue that wiping it all away doesn't look better because it does, I'm not going to make the job last any longer than I have to though. I get no complaints leaving it either btw.

When I was trad I cleaned the frames and glass every visit I feel it’s part of the job and if no one else in your area is doing it that’s a golden opportunity to set yourself above them as offering a better service and charge a bit more , personally if I had a window cleaner and he left soap and dirty water on the lower frame and sills he would be an ex window cleaner ????

When I was trad I cleaned the frames and glass every visit I feel it’s part of the job and if no one else in your area is doing it that’s a golden opportunity to set yourself above them as offering a better service and charge a bit more , personally if I had a window cleaner and he left soap and dirty water on the lower frame and sills he would be an ex window cleaner ????

When I was changing over to wfp I did read on here about how much quicker it was and thought I'd get through alot more work. I don't think timewise there's alot in it, I did think at the start I'm just not quick enough yet and it would come. They way you lot down south seemed to do trad doing the frames etc wfp would cut time. The way we do it wfp doesn't take much off it and at times trad is quicker. I switched half of my run back to trad as wfp made it take longer. The jobs very repetitive so it gives a small bit of variety over the month.

When I was changing over to wfp I did read on here about how much quicker it was and thought I'd get through alot more work. I don't think timewise there's alot in it, I did think at the start I'm just not quick enough yet and it would come. They way you lot down south seemed to do trad doing the frames etc wfp would cut time. The way we do it wfp doesn't take much off it and at times trad is quicker. I switched half of my run back to trad as wfp made it take longer. The jobs very repetitive so it gives a small bit of variety over the month.
Once the first clean is done I would say it’s a lot quicker 5 days trad work I was doing in 2.5-3 days wfp

Definitely quicker wfp and also reach windows above extension and conservatories, cleans more thoroughly too, ive got 1 customer has Trad method and some inside cleans. When i first started it took longer as i needed to adjust and learn what worked quicker and have great results and to save water so i didn't run out

Once the first clean is done I would say it’s a lot quicker 5 days trad work I was doing in 2.5-3 days wfp

If your wiping all the frames when doing it trad then yeah it's going to be alot quicker. The way I do it trad none of that's done anyway, so I'm not saving time on the frames. When that's taken into consideration there's not much in it, sometimes the pole is quicker then sometimes it's not. That's why my runs half and half. I ended up switching half back to trad. I don't mind using the ladder to much tbh. The ones that got switched back to trad are mostly the easy ones that you can fly through.

Definitely quicker wfp and also reach windows above extension and conservatories, cleans more thoroughly too, ive got 1 customer has Trad method and some inside cleans. When i first started it took longer as i needed to adjust and learn what worked quicker and have great results and to save water so i didn't run out

Il agree it does a better job, there's no marks left whereas the rubber can leave marks, even the scrims can leave marks on the windows. I have my pump up at 8 with 4 pencil jets, the days using wfp I go through a bit. My runs only a mile from my house. Well 1.3 or something, only takes 15 mins to get home fill the tank then back to work so running out of water isn't to much of an issue

If your wiping all the frames when doing it trad then yeah it's going to be alot quicker. The way I do it trad none of that's done anyway, so I'm not saving time on the frames. When that's taken into consideration there's not much in it, sometimes the pole is quicker then sometimes it's not. That's why my runs half and half. I ended up switching half back to trad. I don't mind using the ladder to much tbh. The ones that got switched back to trad are mostly the easy ones that you can fly through.
There is no way you can be as quick doing a house trad using a ladder and WFP we can do a 3 bed semi including all frames in around 8-10 muinits with the pole , and we are doing a much better job ,and working far safer this is an important factor when employing staff . We do at least 40 houses a day per man like this without breaking into a sweat .

There is no way you can be as quick doing a house trad using a ladder and WFP we can do a 3 bed semi including all frames in around 8-10 muinits with the pole , and we are doing a much better job ,and working far safer this is an important factor when employing staff . We do at least 40 houses a day per man like this without breaking into a sweat .

That's about the same amount of time it takes me on a ladder. Remember I'm not wiping frames or even the sills when doing trad. If I have to record me cleaning a 3 bed semi in 10 mins I will btw lol

That's about the same amount of time it takes me on a ladder. Remember I'm not wiping frames or even the sills when doing trad. If I have to record me cleaning a 3 bed semi in 10 mins I will btw lol
Whether you are wiping the frames or sills or not when tradding, if you’re WFP is taking just as long, something must be wrong.
WFP should always be quicker if you’re technique is correct IMO

Buy the time you have climbed up the ladder to do one window we would have done the whole of that side of the building and everything is clean not just the glass , I think you are missing a trick you could be better than the competition doing a much better job and earning far more and having an easier life on your body

Buy the time you have climbed up the ladder to do one window we would have done the whole of that side of the building and everything is clean not just the glass , I think you are missing a trick you could be better than the competition doing a much better job and earning far more and having an easier life on your body

The quote for the window cleaning company round my way is 43 a day and that's trad. It used to be 40 a day but he added 3 because he gave them a 50 pence an hour wage rise lol its quicker reaching the top window but scrubbing the window and rinsing it off isn't any faster than trad really. About the same I'd say. On some of the windows where it doesn't sheet then trad is quicker. I can do 3 bed detached houses in 10 mins. Windows wise say 2 double sets of windows at the front top 2 sets at the back top back patio doors and a window . Side top and bottom window then 1 or 2 bottom windows . That kind of thing is 10 mins. There's ppl alot quicker than me aswell

The quote for the window cleaning company round my way is 43 a day and that's trad. It used to be 40 a day but he added 3 because he gave them a 50 pence an hour wage rise lol its quicker reaching the top window but scrubbing the window and rinsing it off isn't any faster than trad really. About the same I'd say. On some of the windows where it doesn't sheet then trad is quicker. I can do 3 bed detached houses in 10 mins. Windows wise say 2 double sets of windows at the front top 2 sets at the back top back patio doors and a window . Side top and bottom window then 1 or 2 bottom windows . That kind of thing is 10 mins. There's ppl alot quicker than me aswell
If you ever come to Cornwall on holiday give me a call and you can show me how it’s done ???

If you’re not wiping frames or sills then the wfp guys will always be quicker as you are not even finishing the job trad so what are you timing?
I am a very fast tradder with 31 years experience and even I clean quicker wfp

I use the right size squeegee for each window so it is done with minimal movements and can trad pole top windows quickly if I want to so am extremely fast but fact is wfp is just quicker when you do the job properly

I use the right size squeegee for each window so it is done with minimal movements and can trad pole top windows quickly if I want to so am extremely fast but fact is wfp is just quicker when you do the job properly

That's not what was being discussed. If your wiping the frames and sills while doing trad then doing the same thing with the pole is quicker. However me only having to put soap on the window then squeegee it off and nothing else is roughly the same time it takes to clean it with the pole. Alot of the time the actual glass part trad beats the pole.

Forget wiping all frames and sills doing trad as I'm not comparing like for like job between the 2.

Think of how quick you applicate the soap then squeegee, that part is pretty quick. Detailing takes longer than that. Think of how fast you could do a house if you took detailing and wiping soap away from the job. Then Think how long a house would take you if you only done the glass doing trad. I bet youl find you could do it in that time frame too. I'm not overly quick either so it's more thsn doable

Think of how quick you applicate the soap then squeegee, that part is pretty quick. Detailing takes longer than that. Think of how fast you could do a house if you took detailing and wiping soap away from the job. Then Think how long a house would take you if you only done the glass doing trad. I bet youl find you could do it in that time frame too. I'm not overly quick either so it's more thsn doable
But you still have to climb up and down a ladder at least 4 times on the average 3 bed semi that’s all time

Latest Posts

Back