Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wiping soap away

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You more of a cat lover then Steve?
No. I’m a bit of a germ freak, so wouldn’t have anything with fir in my house.
Coincidentally, my wife and I went in a cafe yesterday and I walked straight back out as there were two dogs in there.
Before anyone has a go, this is how I am, I can’t help it.
I actually grew up with dogs. My parents made good money breeding Rottweilers in the seventies, so I have no idea why I am the way I am.

I love things with scales. Lizards, fish and amphibians. When my sons were at home we had a red tailed boa. Gorgeous snake it was. It actually died of snake flu. ?

Do you ask the customers permission first?
If not, then IMO it’s bang out of order
I personally don't think it's professional at all to have a dog wandering around customer's properties or just left out on the pavement whilst someone is working then there is the question of insurance in terms of public liability.

I personally don't think it's professional at all to have a dog wandering around customer's properties or just left out on the pavement whilst someone is working then there is the question of insurance in terms of public liability.

What would be someone's issue with a dog sitting on a path doing absolutely nothing?. No one owns the public footpaths. I can count on one hand the number of times he's been there in the 6 years I've had him. If someone is wanting pvc or another job done I usually do them working late or at the weekend. I do tell them il be bringing the dog with me as its kinda a **** take on my mum asking her for the weekends too. There's never been an issue with anyone that he's there. If I'm up on the roof and someone's walking down with there dog, when they see him they tend to cross the road or turn back. I usually have to tell them he's fine he's with me. Just walk past him he's not going to move to approach you or your dog.

Last edited:
What would be someone's issue with a dog sitting on a path doing absolutely nothing?. No one owns the public footpaths.
Scotland has a few weirdos so who knows also the pavements form part of the public highway so it's local councils/ local government so they are owned and maintained by them or do you do the resurfacing in your local neighbourhood or maybe you get @scottish cleaning service tarmacking is the only thing he has yet to do so could be another income stream for him

Scotland has a few weirdos so who knows also the pavements form part of the public highway so it's local councils/ local government so they are owned and maintained by them or do you do the resurfacing in your local neighbourhood or maybe you get @scottish cleaning service tarmacking is the only thing he has yet to do so could be another income stream for him

There's no law that says he can't be there though, there's no law that says he must be on a leash either. If one of my customers asked if I minded moving the dog I'm not going to lie, I'd say not a problem. If it was anyone else I'd tell them there's no reason for him to be moved from a footpath. If I go somewhere that I don't usually go for a walk some people will stop with there dogs waiting as if I'm going to put him on a leash. When I explain I don't have a leash 9 times out of 10 they go onto say we'll it's my dog, hel lunge at your walking past, I just tell them to let them lunge then, mines won't retaliate and just walk past. I wouldn't trust every dog I've had to sit and not move from a path. I've had some where if I tried that they would be gone as soon as my back was turned, I would leash them on walks if I seen a dog on a leash coming etc. This one it's not needed though.

Found another income stream. Daytrading the £ v $ Monday to Friday. Great day Friday because biggest numbers day in USA so guaranteed a big move. Made a few bob when it went up and then made a few bob on the way down. I seem to be good at it but have over 30yrs experience so might have to leave window cleaning if it continues. ?

I'd imagine there's alot more weirdos down south given the population difference.

There's no law that says he can't be there though, there's no law that says he must be on a leash either. If one of my customers asked if I minded moving the dog I'm not going to lie, I'd say not a problem. If it was anyone else I'd tell them there's no reason for him to be moved from a footpath. If I go somewhere that I don't usually go for a walk some people will stop with there dogs waiting as if I'm going to put him on a leash. When I explain I don't have a leash 9 times out of 10 they go onto say we'll it's my dog, hel lunge at your walking past, I just tell them to let them lunge then, mines won't retaliate and just walk past. I wouldn't trust every dog I've had to sit and not move from a path. I've had some where if I tried that they would be gone as soon as my back was turned, I would leash them on walks if I seen a dog on a leash coming etc. This one it's not needed though.
I think you need to read up on this, your dog must be under your control in a public place, when you are cleaning windows around the back of a house for 5-10 minutes depending on the house then you aren't under control of your dog are you! so therefore you fall foul of the law

Found another income stream. Daytrading the £ v $ Monday to Friday. Great day Friday because biggest numbers day in USA so guaranteed a big move. Made a few bob when it went up and then made a few bob on the way down. I seem to be good at it but have over 30yrs experience so might have to leave window cleaning if it continues. ?
I'm not into betting, I prefer the long game although I've made a decent amount of money in the past few months trading stocks and shares, research and due diligence has seen me do well and moving forward hopefully that will continue.

I'm not into betting, I prefer the long game although I've made a decent amount of money in the past few months trading stocks and shares, research and due diligence has seen me do well and moving forward hopefully that will continue.
I`ve got a fair bit of dosh sitting pretty in my savings account. Wouldn`t mind investing it in stocks or shares or maybe even crypto currency. Not really sure how to go about it. Either that or invest in a classic car or a modern classic.

I`ve got a fair bit of dosh sitting pretty in my savings account. Wouldn`t mind investing it in stocks or shares or maybe even crypto currency. Not really sure how to go about it. Either that or invest in a classic car or a modern classic.
The only issue with savings accounts is they were paying almost no interest and they aren't much better now but your capital is safe, with investing you put your capital at risk but if you are willing to take a bit of risk the dividend payments can be higher than a savings account interest rate, I only invest in big companies that I have done plenty of research into and are household names you need to keep reading up all the time as to see if a penny share which is a share price below £1, for example, is going to see a 20-40% increase which a good few will do, I trade through Hargreaves and Lansdown and have mine in a stocks & shares Isa H & L charges are higher than some other trading platforms but it was a company I have known about for years and felt comfortable with investing through them.

I don't know anything about cars at all so investing in something I wouldn't have a clue about or couldn't really learn enough about isn't for me, with stocks and shares and don't have to commit large amounts of money or put a great deal of money at risk, I could have made a lot more money then I have in last few months as I have seen one of my investments increase by almost 70% if I'd put a lot more money in I'd be laughing but I stick within what I feel comfortable with.

I think you need to read up on this, your dog must be under your control in a public place, when you are cleaning windows around the back of a house for 5-10 minutes depending on the house then you aren't under control of your dog are you! so therefore you fall foul of the law

I think your the one who needs to read up on it. Even if your dogs on a lead it isn't classed as being under control. There is no legal law that stages a dog had to be on a leash apart from near live stock. You do however have to be in control of your dog. I'm in complete control of my dog without a leash. If I'm out of sight for a few minutes he gets told sit and stay. He won't move after I've said this. A dog sitting stationery isn't out of control He's not doing anything that there guidlines would class a dog being out of control. A dog can still be classed as out of control if it's snarling and barking even if it's on a leash.

The only issue with savings accounts is they were paying almost no interest and they aren't much better now but your capital is safe, with investing you put your capital at risk but if you are willing to take a bit of risk the dividend payments can be higher than a savings account interest rate, I only invest in big companies that I have done plenty of research into and are household names you need to keep reading up all the time as to see if a penny share which is a share price below £1, for example, is going to see a 20-40% increase which a good few will do, I trade through Hargreaves and Lansdown and have mine in a stocks & shares Isa H & L charges are higher than some other trading platforms but it was a company I have known about for years and felt comfortable with investing through them.

I don't know anything about cars at all so investing in something I wouldn't have a clue about or couldn't really learn enough about isn't for me, with stocks and shares and don't have to commit large amounts of money or put a great deal of money at risk, I could have made a lot more money then I have in last few months as I have seen one of my investments increase by almost 70% if I'd put a lot more money in I'd be laughing but I stick within what I feel comfortable with.
If I was gonna make a few quid I’d go back to flogging cars
Easy money if you get it right

I'm going to give you the benifit of doubt and think you don't have much experience with dogs sit and stay are basic commands, hel know with my tone of voice if I'm playing with him or I'm being serious and he has to stay. I just told him to sit and stay while out a walk the now. Said it in a serious tone then walked on and didn't turn back. He's not moved

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230313_160113_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230313_160113_Gallery.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 6

Well this is the thing isn`t it, savings accounts are pretty rubbish at the moment so would like to invest it in something else. I`m really into cars so thought it could be fun to get a nice motor. Wuth regards to stocks and shares I`m happy to take a risk. I`ve even thought about investing some in premium bonds. A lot of food for thought.:unsure:

Well this is the thing isn`t it, savings accounts are pretty rubbish at the moment so would like to invest it in something else. I`m really into cars so thought it could be fun to get a nice motor. Wuth regards to stocks and shares I`m happy to take a risk. I`ve even thought about investing some in premium bonds. A lot of food for thought.:unsure:
It took me a while to decide and I only started last September and I am reading about things every day to broaden my knowledge

Safest investment is property but you need a lot of spare money for that ???

Safest investment is property but you need a lot of spare money for that ???
Yep that is something that has crossed my mind to. I do actually already rent a one bedroom flat out that I lived in several years ago. when I moved in with my girlfriend I decided to let it out but could be an idea to think about getting a buy to let mortgage on another property.

Buy a good rolex and put it away somewhere safe. Itl generate more money when you go to sell it than any savings account.
Rolex prices are dropping now and have done for the last year.
The only way to make money on them is if you can get one straight from an authorised dealer at retail price which is almost impossible unless you have good buying history with them.

Back