Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wiping soap away

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I think that's the crux of the debate.

Years ago we had a number of window cleaners over the years who just did the glass - trad. Then they switched to wfp and continued to just do the glass. For one reason or another they disappeared so we found a different window cleaner (wfp) and again he just did the glass. We didn't know any better - I never even thought to ask him to quote for cleaning the whole window!

So it's what people are used to and what they are willing to accept. I guess it varies by area to an extent and sometimes just what people are used to receiving in return for their ££.
Yes you may be right but ones down here would tell you ware to go if you carried on only doing the glass they wouldn’t accept it , different standard of clientele ???

A window is an opening in the wall or roof of a building or vehicle, fitted with glass in a frame to admit light or air and allow people to see out.

I don't know where you got that I clean wooden windows I haven't cleaned any in years.

As for GC you don't half go on about it, I am not being dishonest at all you don't know me or about the information on my website and the relevant links that informs people.

Maybe instead of overdoing it on the full sugar Irn Bru and continually spouting :poop: you should have a lay down in a dark room and put cucumbers on your eyes and maybe book a busman's holiday to watch some proper window cleaners in action
I did offer him the option of coming out with us for some training ???and learning how to do the job properly ??

I think that's the crux of the debate.

Years ago we had a number of window cleaners over the years who just did the glass - trad. Then they switched to wfp and continued to just do the glass. For one reason or another they disappeared so we found a different window cleaner (wfp) and again he just did the glass. We didn't know any better - I never even thought to ask him to quote for cleaning the whole window!

So it's what people are used to and what they are willing to accept. I guess it varies by area to an extent and sometimes just what people are used to receiving in return for their ££.
I started trad over 30 years ago working for someone I knew, it was just glass only but the detailing of the glass was always done and the sills were always wiped clean as the years went by frames were also given a quick wipe down

On today's episode of things customers don't moan about when your good looking. A might aswell start my own YouTube channel and show the uglies the perks they miss out on.

The downside of being good looking is having to explain to customers regardless of what they have seen in films, what their suggesting to me isn't a form of paymeant and doesn't happen in real life.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230310_111554_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230310_111554_Gallery.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 20
There are a lot of clientele that put up with rubbish window cleaners it seems. The amount of new customers I get who have had a window cleaner for ages and haven’t been bothered or to scared to just get rid of them always surprises me.

I always wipe ledges and give the frames a quick wipe down. If there is lots of soap I quickly run the blade over it prior to running the cloth over it.

Anyone can always sign up to a day at tradman academy’s for £400 a day to become a grandmaster. I believe you get a certificate at the end and it’s even signed by him ?

On today's episode of things customers don't moan about when your good looking. A might aswell start my own YouTube channel and show the uglies the perks they miss out on.

The downside of being good looking is having to explain to customers regardless of what they have seen in films, what their suggesting to me isn't a form of paymeant and doesn't happen in real life.
Had they been on a session in Wetherspoons when they spotted you after you'd made your beer money?

The last 5 customers I done today all said oh he's beautiful. I did have my helper with me for the last 5 though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230310_165940_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230310_165940_Gallery.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 11
I don’t like dogs, but it still makes me wonder, isn’t it a bit cruel keeping it cooped up in a van most of the day? ?

He goes to my mums when I'm at work, she walks him twice when there she had to go to an appointment so I took him with me. He wasn't and never is left in the van. He was walking around with me when he was with me. He was in the customers gardens. 3 of the customers kids came out to play with him in there back garden. Trust me, he's better looked after than alot of kids.

He goes to my mums when I'm at work, she walks him twice when there she had to go to an appointment so I took him with me. He wasn't and never is left in the van. He was walking around with me when he was with me. He was in the customers gardens. 3 of the customers kids came out to play with him in there back garden. Trust me, he's better looked after than alot of kids.
If a window cleaner turned up at my house and his dog was in my garden he’d be pulling his pole out of his nostrils

Think my antique crossbow might disagree ?

You better hope it's a direct hit first time then lol. With all seriousness I left houses that didn't have a dog of there own incase there's were protective of there home and attacked him. He's very well behaved, he wouldn't shite in someone's garden either, he doesn't do it In mine.

You better hope it's a direct hit first time then lol. With all seriousness I left houses that didn't have a dog of there own incase there's were protective of there home and attacked him. He's very well behaved, he wouldn't shite in someone's garden either, he doesn't do it In mine.
Do you ask the customers permission first?
If not, then IMO it’s bang out of order

Do you ask the customers permission first?
If not, then IMO it’s bang out of order

I'm not sure how everyone else is with these customers, most of mines I've known for close to 15 years. I've a pretty good idea who would and wouldn't have a problem with him being there. Out the 5 I had him at yesterday, the first woman asked if it was okay of she could go get her daughter as she loves dogs. 3 kids ended up coming out and being all over him, next 2 no one home. The one after that wanted to keep him and was telling me to just leave him there. The last one I couldn't get away from the guy and wife couldn't believe how calm he is.

If It was one of the people who I thought wouldn't appreciate me taking him in the garden I have in the past just told him to sit and stay on the pavement so he's not in the garden at all.

Before switching to bank paymeants I used to take him with me while walking about collecting the money, I'd always tell him to sit and stay at the path as I chapped the door. Most people when they see him usually tell me to shout him in so they can see him. I wouldn't take him into a garden that I didn't think the owner would approve. He's a cracking looking dog tbh and because of that more people than not usually ask if they can pet him

Back