Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wooden sash windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clarkus84

Hey lads,

I was asked to go quote a house earlier today.theres 18 wooden sash windows around the house. I've never done windows like these before but just looking at them I know it'll probably take at least twice the time as normal windows.how would you lads go about pricing windows like this up?

Screenshot_20190918_213311.jpg

8 do tons of these trad with a 6" mop and 6" squeegee, once you get in a rythm you fly through them, took me a while to dog ear my 6" channel but that saves a shed load of time on detailing.

I recently got a new job that is similar, 100s of little panes. Although ive bought the small squeegy etc, I just did it with a damp scrim and dried off with dry scrim. Will try out the squeegy etc next time, but as im not too experienced with them thought id be quicker with scrim. To be fair, i did it quick considering, and i doubt I could do much quicjker with squeegy.

ks789 said:
I recently got a new job that is similar, 100s of little panes. Although ive bought the small squeegy etc, I just did it with a damp scrim and dried off with dry scrim. Will try out the squeegy etc next time, but as im not too experienced with them thought id be quicker with scrim. To be fair, i did it quick considering, and i doubt I could do much quicjker with squeegy.
Just quick go over with damp scrim, then quick horizontal with dry, followed by quick vertical, then a quick around the edge, then next pane. just go on auto pilot ?

Just clean as normal, let the top half stop dripping before cleaning the bottom half. 

Just clean as normal, let the top half stop dripping before cleaning the bottom half. 
Def wfp. I just have this one fussy customer who thinks the wfp aint good for their place, so as ive not got full books yet, I suffer to trad it. Costs more for them though. i try and educate that wfp is king, but some just wont get it. 

Takes a bit longer than UPVC we do a lot of these  take your time and get it right on the first clean , subsequent cleans will be a lot quicker , we wfp them we do a lot for the national trust and English heritage , price wise it’s up to you allow maybe a third more time ?. 

B783181F-0209-4226-BD13-DA4CBE8F14EE.jpeg

09EE5B0B-3278-47F2-8B3F-857CB1A1044C.jpeg

Back