Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Work shoes / trainers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

marlowswindows

I'm looking for recommendations for some work shoes that offer abit of support and are water proof.

Usually use cat protective shoes but after something that ways less and abit more comfy as I'm starting to get aches and pains. They don't have to have metal toe caps in either

Thanks

I'm looking for recommendations for some work shoes that offer abit of support and are water proof.

Usually use cat protective shoes but after something that ways less and abit more comfy as I'm starting to get aches and pains. They don't have to have metal toe caps in either

Thanks
I tend to use trainers in the dry summer months and leather walking boots in the winter and wet , just apply a bees wax waterproofing every few weeks and they are fine

@marlowswindows I also get quite achy feet and have found that unless I wear trainers then the only shoes that are comfy enough to wear all day are Skechers walking shoes. They are ok if the ground is damp but not water proof like some of the shoes the other guys are wearing though.

Thanks
I use these, they come as a shoe as well, totally waterproof with Goretex, feels like a trainershoe, and really lightweight too.
Expensive yes! But worth every penny?Men's ECCO® MX Gore-Tex High-Top Outdoor Trainer | Black

I wear Merrells as they are comfortable straight out of the box although this past year or more they have taken to putting in wafer-thin insoles so I just swap them out for more cushioned ones, the leather ones are best because no matter what anyone says you'll find Gortex boots are failing and letting in water I apply dubbin to mine every few weeks, also Merrells usually have Vibram soles which are extremely durable

I have had problems with my feet for years and can't just wear any boots despite Merrell Gortex boots failing on me I always end up going back to Merrells purely for the comfort and no aching feet.

Appreciating the advice on this thread at the moment. The Karrimors aren't as waterproof as I thought they were and my wellies have holes in. Constantly have wet socks at the moment as I haven't found a decent pair yet for my wide feet. Soon be summer ?.

Appreciating the advice on this thread at the moment. The Karrimors aren't as waterproof as I thought they were and my wellies have holes in. Constantly have wet socks at the moment as I haven't found a decent pair yet for my wide feet. Soon be summer ?.
You can get waterproof socks, never tried them but might be worth a try

Merrells are wider than other boots etc and you can sometimes get a wider foot width in them an ordinary size does me

I know you said you wanted to get away from toe cap boots but I have found these NO RISK ARMSTRONG SAFETY BOOTS to be great and under £50. (No Risk Armstrong Safety Boots)
They have leather uppers so I apply dubbing every now and then, have a cork insole, a very hard wearing but grippy sole, and a steel midsole. They weigh in at about 400gms each. I have not had any water coming through them at all and the soles hold up very well.
If I remember correctly someone on here recommended them.

On the Nike website you can still buy the Jordan’s 5 for £60 instead of £120, there not the best looking trainer though,they are lasting pretty good though compared with the others I’ve had.

Redbacks all year round.
The non steel capped ones.
Tough, comfy, waterproof and last for ages.

Always wear them with Darn tough socks as well. Lightweight in summer, thicker ones in winter.

You can only claim for safety boots or shoes not ordinary boots or shoes
To be fair we do the same never had it questioned if it’s used for work only I put it down as an expense regardless of what it is if it’s needed to carry out the job it gets claimed for . Accountant has never questioned it , if I got a tax investigation ime more than happy to discuss the points with them

To be fair we do the same never had it questioned if it’s used for work only I put it down as an expense regardless of what it is if it’s needed to carry out the job it gets claimed for . Accountant has never questioned it , if I got a tax investigation ime more than happy to discuss the points with them
I had done the same for years but I've now knocked it on the head in the grand scheme of things it's only a few hundred quid a year better than having a tax investigation for a small discrepancy

I had done the same for years but I've now knocked it on the head in the grand scheme of things it's only a few hundred quid a year better than having a tax investigation for a small discrepancy

HMRC don't know what you claim for unless you get a tax investigation!all you do is input your total turnover and total expenses(cash basis self assessment)...if it was something you couldn't claim for then you might end up with a small fine,that's it.

I'm sure you can claim for it because my missus sister is an accountant and she said its fine if it's waterproofs for work.its not normal everyday clothing/footwear.

Back