Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Work shoes / trainers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If you don't mind buying new trainers every six months because the soles fall off then sportsdirect Karrimor trail running trainers are for you. Brilliantly waterproof but cheap Chineseium production flaws with the sole design and adhesive
Approximately £42
Are you wearing these every day though for 6 hours or more?

I am slightly tempted to try a pair as last year I was wearing Columbia Trail Storm's and the trainer was ideal but the tread was too soft and I walked them flat within 4 months,

If I could get 6 months of almost everyday use 4 days a week plus the odd bit of walking the dog I'd be happy paying £40-50

I bought a pair of these the other week https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/kee1179/nxis-evo-waterproof-walking-shoes in a different colour for hiking, Now the reviews I read which relate to a different colour a postie had them for 6 months or more and they lasted and stayed waterproof

Are you wearing these every day though for 6 hours or more?

I am slightly tempted to try a pair as last year I was wearing Columbia Trail Storm's and the trainer was ideal but the tread was too soft and I walked them flat within 4 months,

If I could get 6 months of almost everyday use 4 days a week plus the odd bit of walking the dog I'd be happy paying £40-50

I bought a pair of these the other week https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/kee1179/nxis-evo-waterproof-walking-shoes in a different colour for hiking, Now the reviews I read which relate to a different colour a postie had them for 6 months or more and they lasted and stayed waterproof
I'd had 3 previous pairs of the Karrimors which were actually waterproof and extremely comfortable for around 10 hours a day with no problems. What I'd call the first editions were faultless until I purchased the lime green pair and that's when I'd noted the production quality shift.
Due to the design of the sole and it's styling they always fell apart at the heel and sides of the soles.
Now resorted back to my Lowa gtx mountain boots

I'd had 3 previous pairs of the Karrimors which were actually waterproof and extremely comfortable for around 10 hours a day with no problems. What I'd call the first editions were faultless until I purchased the lime green pair and that's when I'd noted the production quality shift.
Due to the design of the sole and it's styling they always fell apart at the heel and sides of the soles.
Now resorted back to my Lowa gtx mountain boots
thanks for this, I'll buy another pair of those Keens' I linked for work, we did an 8.5 mile circular last weekend in them and couldn't fault them for comfort although we were walking on a hard trail path so not tested their water repellency yet

Back