Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fairy

Rude customers

Scottie

Well I looked at both, I like the idea but I dont like being told I am crap, ok not direct but he put to me a customer trad guys are not as good, I woudl argue that to the hilt. How cana brush waving about remove a paint stain and rock hard stubborn marks and they have the ability to see up to 2nd floor and see no marks in any light and declare it perfect, I could not.

Just dont like being told my method is crap and seeing it a lot on FB ads recently slagging off trad work. Thats all my gripe is about I just feel its not proven and un called for.

Maybe your right tuffers and I am wrong, trad guys can not clean a window as well. I just feel imo that I can see the window face to face and no its clean when i go perfect and not a mark there, form the ground I could not see and make that 100% call and my eyes work fine. I just feel trad cleaning is not crap and we do a good job, I think there is a market for it as I have cusotmers now whom asked I dont wnat that pole things I have 8 whom have requested that and they want a guy on a ladder.

The main point is WFP maywell be great, I dont no enoguh about to make a definate call to go that way, as I am nervous about leaving the windows wet and knowing its done, hence I choose the trad way as I know I can get it looking great. BUT the thing is the slagging off of trad work by WFP guys (not all) its like they have to compete and try to kill the competition, by this new revolution cleaning method is full proof and forget the rest now... they seem to spend time hitting ladder work. Kinda deflating to a trad cleaner, a customer can do that but another windy to put the downs on your work method is crap practice imo.

Scottie

Cheap and cheerful you make me laugh:) Great stuff.

I take it there has been wars abotu WFP AND TRAD then, Oh i think I will erase my post lol. I basically mean I feel its not nice to slag down one part of the window cleaning game, thats it! I suppose there plenty out there that like to do it then, shame, I would not disrespect another windy no way. Just my opinion on the matter about 10 years to late lol, remeber I am new here.... Dont want to start a war again... :)

Iam off now to look for WFP and join the darkside now:) So I may edit my post, as you say if there has been wars before lol, god, newbie too and stiring it up lol I will get told off. Being honest I just think its a little disrespectful some of the wording used by him and rude, thats all. I will get over it just after I follow him home and break his WFP! hee hee :)

Advertisement

cheapncheerful

hey we all friends on here scottie and what ever your personal opinion its up to others to put up thiers as well but...we are and will hopefully not become like a certain other forum cough cough...I cant mention....we have friendly banter and chit chat and we are free to discuss our different ways...I mean....I know you shouldn't climb onto the sill and hang onto the gutter to get bird muck of a conny roof just cause your ladders are around the front and you have to go through two gates past a dog and the owner working in the garage to get them...and I had run out of water so I couldn't scrub it off with my pole...but hey ho...that's life ...

I mean I have killed myself today getting windows absolutely spotless in a killer sun and my wife just informs me that the recent shower was hail which can make a right mess of windows.......so why bother? I just say ...just keep swimming...

I love to read your posts scottie what ever you say as your enthusiasm for windowcleaning keeps me going...

mind you I have been secretly laughing all day at my use of the self drying water...:D

what ever you do don't edit unless you really need too we all like a mass debate now and again....:devil:

I will say ....he would make a great secretary tuffers..:D

Guest boarcity

im indifferent to wfp, but if i read a wfpoler in my area is dissing the trad on their website or to joe public id make efforts to run them out of bizness . sounds dramatic but sometimes you hav to carry out a mercy killing,for their own good.

a new trad lad in my town has been stalking me, desperation is his middle name, boasts of undercutting on his website , this has got my goat, so far only lost half a dozen to him , my time will come .

that reminds me, a guy set up about 4yrs ago in Ipswich, flyered the whole town "any house £5" , he seemed to me to be busy busy and we exchanged the odd nod/salute ,as u do

.but today i see his tranny van for sale at the roadside, still all stickered up- has he bit the dust?

Scottie
Cor blimey, you can type for England @Scottie :laugh:

I no mate, sad innit. I got propper peed off with that guy can you not tell lol - Chill pill taken and moved on. Just do not like or understand people whom seem it fit to slag others off and within the same trade. Awful. I mean this place is all windys and you lot are brilliant and been so helpful to me I owe a fair few of you guys and yourself mate for advice and things I have learnt on here. Its odd to see others take digs, just the moral of it I suppose.

I am stopping typing now I could go on lol. :)

cheapncheerful

hey gav wants you to keep going scottie....he has his post targets to consider...:D

Scottie
im indifferent to wfp, but if i read a wfpoler in my area is dissing the trad on their website or to joe public id make efforts to run them out of bizness . sounds dramatic but sometimes you hav to carry out a mercy killing,for their own good

a new trad lad in my town has been stalking me, desperation is his middle name, boasts of undercutting on his website , this has got my goat, so far only lost half a dozen to him , my time will come .

that reminds me, a guy set up about 4yrs ago in Ipswich, flyered the whole town "any house £5" , he seemed to me to be busy busy and we exchanged the odd nod ,as u do

.but today i see his tranny van for sale at the roadside, still all stickered up- has he bit the dust?

Well I no what you mean mate. Its also another kick in teeth this week as I am flyering and door knockign probably all the ones he has done now :( I could cry, another person to contend with now. I will keep going as the advice you ahve given me Boracity has been a inspiration, your a legend!!

Guest boarcity

what was he doing at home Scottie? id gamble that hes a waster

Scottie
hey gav wants you to keep going scottie....he has his post targets to consider...:D

Lol - I will keep going, I did ntopost on may forums until here, been a great site and such helpful people, as I said before its a shock to see another windy diss so hard anothers menthods to gain customers. Maybe its me and thats how its done, looks cheap to me though.

Advertisement

cheapncheerful

I still say a clean window is a clean window doesn't really matter how you achieve it...I personally always take the glass out and put new panes in ...its just my way..:rofl:

SPCleaning

There is a guy just started in my area advertising on the local facebook selling page. Claims to clean windows the proper way using squeegies and scrim. Any house £6.

I don't like this much but figured he will pick up the ones I don't want, so gave him little thought until he rang me and asked if I need a subie. He has been at it for three month and proudly boasts twenty customers.

I told him that I didn't need anyone, so he said 'well water fed is sh*t so you wont have a business soon and I'll have all your customers'

I laughed and wished him luck.

Guest boarcity

one sure sign of a waster windie is if they wear clean white socks pulled up high and desert boots .

Guest boarcity
There is a guy just started in my area advertising on the local facebook selling page. Claims to clean windows the proper way using squeegies and scrim. Any house £6.

I don't like this much but figured he will pick up the ones I don't want, so gave him little thought until he rang me and asked if I need a subie. He has been at it for three month and proudly boasts twenty customers.

I told him that I didn't need anyone, so he said 'well water fed is sh*t so you wont have a business soon and I'll have all your customers'

that must have riled you , it would me

cheapncheerful

so sp can I get him to clean one of my thirty pounders and just give him the six...?:rolleyes:

Tuffers

What a tw@t

Guest boarcity
Well I no what you mean mate. Its also another kick in teeth this week as I am flyering and door knockign probably all the ones he has done now :( I could cry, another person to contend with now. I will keep going as the advice you ahve given me Boracity has been a inspiration, your a legend!!

cheers for that. i guess i know, same as all the other old lags know ,how bleedin tuff it is when you first start up , and i like to give moral support .

Tuffers
what was he doing at home Scottie? id gamble that hes a waster

I think the WFP guy knocked Scottie's door from how I read it boar.

Advertisement

SPCleaning
that must have riled you , it would me

Yes in truth, I put the phone down in an unsavory manner and said (just like Tuffers) 'Tw@t',.............then got told off by the Mrs for using the word in front of the children. It's all good they didn't repeat it. :thumbsup:

so sp can I get him to clean one of my thirty pounders and just give him the six...?:rolleyes:

I'm sure he would be delighted CNC,:rofl:

It's madness slagging either method. I prefer WFP but can trad as well as anyone. I consider both to be skills or resources at my disposal. I have a few customers who insist on trad and thats fine, if I have to carry ladders and work harder then they pay more. I have a property that I would charge £25 for (wfp) but they want trad so they pay £40.

Guest boarcity

do you think [generally] that trad prices are higher? or lower? than wfp

andy w

Well i am WFP and never slag off any trad guys or any other WFP guys in the area, there are a couple that stop and have a chat and others that give you the nod when passing, the only ones i find that give you the glare or aggro are the ones that are working on the side and charging £3 for a semi :thumbsdown:

Forgot to add i can trad as well, maybe not as fast but i can do it!:thumbsup:

Tuffers

I think trad prices are lower especially if you work it out pro rata. But since going WFP, I'd defo charge more if I was asked to clean a property trad than I would've before WFP.

andy w

In this area @boarcity WFP prices are nearly double trad!

Guest boarcity

that figures. the big overheads should force WFP prices high. thats why im wondering about the guy whose transit is for sale now ,his "any house £5 " policy , could that pay off in reality?? you lads who are wfp should know

Advertisement

SPCleaning

I think lower, but I charge much more to try to convince them that wfp is the way forward. :D It's all about how you sell your service.

andy w

Since i started round here @boarcity , i have had to win customers over, due to some "window cleaners" not doing a proper job or being trusted by the customers, they dont have a very good reputation for being reliable or not stealing things, it is just a certain element but it gives us all a bad name, as one customers mother said to me today 'its alright for you lot you can just pocket the money and not declare it' then when she saw the van and gear i have her tune changed, it winds me up with people like that !:hey:

Dave B

I don't get all the animosity between fellow windies

We're all in the same boat trying to feed the family and keep a roof over our heads

Way i see it if we can help each other then that is a good thing

For example i just found out a forum member is from my town so told him where i know there is no windie as i don't need anymore for now

Why not help rather than be rude for the sake of it

Dave B

you're a bigger man than me

I would have been ever so slightly ruder

Dave B

I know most windies round here and we all get on

I still get random calls from a guy i know if he falls behind

He will call me knowing i will do em if i can and i will keep the money

Keeps his custys sweet

He used to be employed by the firm i subbed off

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.