Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi, New to the forum

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dazgazbaz

I’m looking for general opinions regarding van filling and making a racket late at night and the early hours ?
My question is how long do you guys generally keep your van doors open for filling and what would you say is a considerate time of night to be moving vans around and slamming and banging doors? I’m intrigued to say the least ?
Thanks

All depends on if filling from a storage tank or filling from mains water. If from mains then a few hours depending on how big the tank is could be 4 or 5 hrs from mains.
As for time of day and making noise that's a tricky one as everyone starts at different times depending on their work etc. That said if they are disturbing you it might be worth just politely asking them to try and keep the noise down in the early morning and late evening.
If you go in all guns blazing saying the forum said it should take x time and you are taking 2x time then you might get someone's back up.

All depends on if filling from a storage tank or filling from mains water. If from mains then a few hours depending on how big the tank is could be 4 or 5 hrs from mains.
As for time of day and making noise that's a tricky one as everyone starts at different times depending on their work etc. That said if they are disturbing you it might be worth just politely asking them to try and keep the noise down in the early morning and late evening.
If you go in all guns blazing saying the forum said it should take x time and you are taking 2x time then you might get someone's back up.
Thank you. It’s 2 small vans using Pure water system filled from mains, usually parked up mid afternoon doors open for filling and usually slammed shut around or after 11pm sometimes as late as 1am doesn’t seem very professional in my mind ?‍♂️ and no I will not be going all guns blazing or quoting the forum or any of its members ? ? just here for opinions to put this into perspective

Sounds like you need to upgrade your R/O and have faster production as you are producing at home with a static set up you'd be better off buying a storage tank and producing into that then spending 10 minutes filling both vans, seems like pure madness sitting up till 11pm or 1am to wait for the van tanks to be full

A 1000ltr ibc can be bought for around £100 off eBay or locally to you.

Sounds like you need to upgrade your R/O and have faster production as you are producing at home with a static set up you'd be better off buying a storage tank and producing into that then spending 10 minutes filling both vans, seems like pure madness sitting up till 11pm or 1am to wait for the van tanks to be full

A 1000ltr ibc can be bought for around £100 off eBay or locally to you.
Thanks for the reply this is exactly what I’m thinking, it’s the neighbour’s that are filling there vans! they are disturbing me on a regular basis I’m Just gauging opinions and putting this situation into perspective

Thanks for the reply this is exactly what I’m thinking, it’s the neighbour’s that are filling there vans! they are disturbing me on a regular basis I’m Just gauging opinions and putting this situation into perspective
Ahh now we get to the bottom of it, why didn't you just say this in the first place.

If it's happening every night first I'd bring up with your neighbour and make it clear that it's unacceptable then if he continues report him to the council it all depends if you want them to know it's you if you don't want any aggro then just report him to the council,

I personally think he is taking pish and is arrogant and he is only settling himself for whatever is coming his way so he only has himself to blame

Ahh now we get to the bottom of it, why didn't you just say this in the first place.

If it's happening every night first I'd bring up with your neighbour and make it clear that it's unacceptable then if he continues report him to the council it all depends if you want them to know it's you if you don't want any aggro then just report him to the council,

I personally think he is taking pish and is arrogant and he is only settling himself for whatever is coming his way so he only has himself to blame
Thanks for the reply
This is why I’m trying to gauge opinions, I personally feel this is inconsiderate to say the least

If I was you. Just have a nice little chat with them. But I think law for low noise is after 11.30pm - 7.30am. Correct me if im wrong. But they need to have some respect for there neighbours tho.

We have to get started at 6.15 every second Thursday. In the middle of winter, that time seems to be in the middle of the night. I try to have everything ready the evening before. Unfortunately, there will be some door opening and closing noise as I have to remove the heater and unplug the charger and electrical supply. I will also have to start the van. I try to respect my neighbours.

We are back by 8am and only then fill my van with enough water for the day. I agree with other comments about storing water in a 1000 litre IBC tank and just spend 10 minutes transferring that water into each van after work.

I'm sorry @Dazgazbaz that there are some in our window cleaning community who have no consideration for their neighbours.

If anyone had a problem because someone opened or closed a van door at 11 at night on the street I'd tell them to get a grip of themselves. Close the doors quietly, amazon are out delivering at 10 o'clock in the evenings

If anyone had a problem because someone opened or closed a van door at 11 at night on the street I'd tell them to get a grip of themselves. Close the doors quietly, amazon are out delivering at 10 o'clock in the evenings
If they were closing the doors quietly I doubt the OP would have asked the question. Also Amazon aren't delivering to your neighbour at 10pm every day of the week

If they were closing the doors quietly I doubt the OP would have asked the question. Also Amazon aren't delivering to your neighbour at 10pm every day of the week

Why would any sane person be slamming doors though lol. I'm pretty sure any normal person could open and close a van door without waking the neighbours up.

Well the OP mentions slamming doors and making a racket at 11pm on a Sunday night. if that is true then I would definitely be sorting it out

Might aswell put music on and put the speaker near am open window so he can listen to some music while doing it lol its something I think you would be able to manage without there being enough noise for people to notice.

Back