Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Andrew Ellis

Ordering a new pole

Andrew Ellis

I'm looking at getting a new pole because I'm sick of having to turn work down but on gardiner website there's so many options on slx poles thanks in advance

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

mufcglen

whats your actual question your asking pal?

Advertisement

Andrew Ellis
What height do you need?
I was thinking of a 39ft slx one but then options like gooseneck or angle adapter what brush ? and so one and so one

whats your actual question your asking pal?
I was thinking about a 39 ft slx but then it's all options that's baffled me like what brush angle adapter or gooseneck and so on and so on

spruce
23 minutes ago, Andrew Ellis said:

I was thinking of a 39ft slx one but then options like gooseneck or angle adapter what brush ? and so one and so one

I was thinking about a 39 ft slx but then it's all options that's baffled me like what brush angle adapter or gooseneck and so on and so on

I decided on an SLX40 many years ago to reach 2nd floor windows on old Victoria falts we have a lot of in Saltburn as I was going to target that work. It get used 5 or 6 times a month as the work is too uch for an old man. Only twice every 6 weeks does the full 40' length get used.

These days we need around 57' to reach the top windows of flats on the Marine Parade in Saltburn. If I get an enquiry (I had one in 10 years) then I pass it onto another cleaner who has that length of pole.

I have just added another angle adaptor to give me the extra length for deep sills. My SLX40 still has the old screw on adaptors.

Now I would order 1 x;

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/goosenecks-pole-fittings/plastic-gooseneck-system/resi-neck-trade-quick-release-type-1.html

and 1;

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/goosenecks-pole-fittings/plastic-gooseneck-system/quick-loq-resi-neck-type-2.html

if it was for a new pole I was buying.

I've got an old ali gooseneck but it just too heavy and cumbersome for me at height so it never gets used.

I had a stiff extreme on my 40' but I've found I get a better clean with a heavier Supreme natural hybrid soft bristles. I see they are on sale so Gardiners must be discontinuing them. I might order a couple.

mufcglen

i use an xtreme22 as my everyday pole but for the few higher windows i do i have an slx39 and i have both my poles set up with swivel goosenecks and hoseless, i use supremes as my everyday brushes but have an xtreme natural brush for the slx as its heavy enough!!