Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

harunh

Sick Of Doing First Cleans

harunh

had 30-40 first cleans this week... and im only managing to clean like 8-10 houses a day

some houses are taking me over 1 hour to clean all windows are proper dirty especially the frames and sills... i got 8 more to do tomorrow then i got a days work on top of that to do ... so ill be out from 8-7

a house with a conservatory that i charge 12 quid for toke me 2 hours to clean.... :|

Gushysfella

H, is window cleaning your hobby or do you actually make a living at it? £12 for two hours work, how did you get that so wrong when pricing? ( not being nasty, serious question) GF

All Round Cleaning

Stop bloody moaning lol .

But I know what your saying I have 15 first cleans to do this week too ive not even been canvassing either

All through word of mouth recommendations and facebook .

I love it I do !!!

Gmeister

12 quid for that house probably was a good price, but first cleans are bound to take a lot longer.

All Round Cleaning
H, is window cleaning your hobby or do you actually make a living at it? £12 for two hours work, how did you get that so wrong when pricing? ( not being nasty, serious question) GF

I thought this too .

I did a one off clean today for an asian chap in a 3 bed semi with twin bays charged him £25 done in 45 mins and he was well chuffed .

H if I was you I would try doing 1st clean with some ecover in a trad bucket dip ya brush in and give a scrub leave for 5 mins then wash it off I have found this method works great .

james44

had 30-40 first cleans this week... and im only managing to clean like 8-10 houses a day

some houses are taking me over 1 hour to clean all windows are proper dirty especially the frames and sills... i got 8 more to do tomorrow then i got a days work on top of that to do ... so ill be out from 8-7

a house with a conservatory that i charge 12 quid for toke me 2 hours to clean.... :|

Squirt some ecover onto your brush, spray window with pure water then scrub dirt away rinse with pure water as normal this will speed up first cleans!

james44

I thought this too .

I did a one off clean today for an asian chap in a 3 bed semi with twin bays charged him £25 done in 45 mins and he was well chuffed .

H if I was you I would try doing 1st clean with some ecover in a trad bucket dip ya brush in and give a scrub leave for 5 mins then wash it off I have found this method works great .

Beat me to it lol!

Guest OoO

Lets just hope they are regular and don't cancel.

mr shine

if i was having that problem id go stronger than ecover ,either virosol ubix and if there really bad id use g101 ,you got to up your game h if you wanna save time

harunh

a hosue with conservatory normally takes me 30 minutes so 12 pound for 30 mins work is good to me :)

i cleaned a 5 pound house which toke me 40 mins ! shud of seen how dirty it was :|

thats how bad these first cleans are lol

once am on my 3rd clean with them ill be crusing :)

and i always use e cover and cif

i been using the e cover and cif past few days a lot... i use them on conservatories and i just get done much quicker :)

I find cif is more tough then ecover but cif is a bit thick so when using cif make sure u scrub n rinse well

but cif is the best for me :) beats ecover anyday

adyspurs

H people on here have warned you about pricing.you got to take the valued advice on here,sell your self and charge more,stand out from the crowd and be the best in your area.

And make some serious money.

harunh

my prices are good and am happy with them.... theirs a few that are underpriced from when i first started out but thats normal lol

but other then that my prices are spot on :) im averaging £7.50 per job now :)

Guest OoO

Depends on location. If he's. happy earning £12 for 30mins then thats good

harunh

some days ill average 28 pound... some days ill average 18 pound... but it all works out over 20 pound and hour :)

Smurf

H I think you are getting a little confused with ecover washing up liquid and ecover truck wash that is sold for convervatory cleaning etc

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/info_ECOVER_TRUCKWASH.html

a hosue with conservatory normally takes me 30 minutes so 12 pound for 30 mins work is good to me :)

i cleaned a 5 pound house which toke me 40 mins ! shud of seen how dirty it was :|

thats how bad these first cleans are lol

once am on my 3rd clean with them ill be crusing :)

and i always use e cover and cif

i been using the e cover and cif past few days a lot... i use them on conservatories and i just get done much quicker :)

I find cif is more tough then ecover but cif is a bit thick so when using cif make sure u scrub n rinse well

but cif is the best for me :) beats ecover anyday

harunh

smurd thats what i use :)

i bought the izact same bottle from gadiners website when i frst started out and still got half a bottle left lol

Duncs

H see your under priced work why not put them up, thats what i do , if they are under priced i put them up. i time how long it takes

if it takes to long i put them up. But I do try and get the price right to start with.

When i increase the price i,m also prepared to loose the customer, at the end of the day we want to work smart not long and hard

harunh

duncs out of about 240 customers ive got 6- underpriced jobs which isnt bad but i cant afford to increase yet

Duncs

6 is nothing mate i tho you had more , when the time is right you will put them up,

its always daunting increasing the price, are you picking much new work up

getting a lot of new work at moment

harunh

am wfp and yeah ive done over 40 first cleans this month :)

im picking up work like theirs no tomorrow to be honest with ya

im 236 customers now 2/3 weeks ago i was on 188 customers so that says it all really

and people got to understand that price does not matter aslong as YOUR happy with it :)

am down north and earning average 20 quid per hour on windows is decent to be honest

Mart1001

Your pricing is fair H, don't let anyone tell you any different, 3 quid an average box house is cheap, 5, 6 or 7 quid for the same house is fair, anything above that is pricey in my opinion. Add two of three quid if you're down London though.

Duncs

H your picking up the graft fast that,s a lot in a few weeks nice one

i,ve got a mate £25 to £30 tops if the work is right

imagine how much graft you will have this time next year

nwcs

i done 2 first cleans yesterday.

i have 2 ways of doing it.

1, first clean dont do the frames. just the glass and sills. then if custome cancels u havent spent ages doing it. if they want u to keep coming then do all the frames second or thurd clean......

2, do all the frames and tell customer glass may get odd drip as first clean is more about cleaning muck from frames and seals and after u gone may get odd drip but next time the will be all spotless......

i tell customers this and there fine and means your not spending ages per job as no customes wants to pay double for first clean.....

Extremecleansussex

You've got to love first cleans H, you can actually see the difference between when you start and when you finish. It's not so obvious on regular cleans.

The main reason to love them though us that every first clean should then become a regular clean and your business is growing. Each £10 first clean is £130 a year more in your pocket; ten of them is £1300, 40 is £5200 or £100 a week extra.

Put that aside each week and in 3 months you can have Whizz Bizz come along and get you an extra £500 a month. You'll soon be taking on another van!!

WWC

I spend about 2-3 times longer doing first clean than regular maintenance cleans. Sure they can be a pain, especially if you have a lot of them in one week, but I assume you are like me and the majority become regular customers. I just accept it as a cost of getting the customer. Though, when the customer sees how good the windows look after I have cleaned then, I often get personal recommendations from my first time cleans, so it makes me feel better about doing them. The customer is happy, and I get another new custy from their recommendation as I did such a good job. Also, I have often found that the neighbours watch, and when they see how long I am spending, how much work I am doing, I also get neighbours approaching me while I am doing them quite often too.

So, they my be a pain, but for me anyway, they pay off by way of customer satisfaction and extra new customers.

orca

How have you got that many first cleans in one week?????????